No announcement yet.

PAYPAL Standard problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you change it to frames in December then?

Comment

Did you change it to frames in December then
      We will never know

Comment

I also run PayPal in frames and it have worked in the past. If I use Firefox it works with checkout in frames even now.

Is there a simple way to direct the PayPal checkout into a new window so i can get IE up and running to?

/Henrik

Comment

Hi Henrik

There's a 'No Frames in Checkout' option in 'Design | Design Options' you can use to remove all your frames in Actinic when you get through to the checkout. That's probably your best bet.

It's worth thinking about trying to do your design without frames as support for them is being withdrawn over the next couple of years.

Comment

Thanx for the help cdicken!

Unfortunately it didn’t help me all the way. I have a framed html site and when you click on a link, my “actinic web shop” opens in one of the frames.

I guess the option “remove custom frames in checkout” don’t work because my “actinic web shop” pages don’t contain any frames? Or have I completely misunderstood everything?

I could just change my links to ”_blank” instead of “_self” and let the shop open in a new tab/window but I would really like to keep it the way it is.
            Can I somehow manually change the checkout to open in a new window?

http://www.sema-tec.com

Best regards
            Henrik

Comment

my “actinic web shop” opens in one of the frames.
              Not for me - it opened in a new window so you should have no problems

Comment

Originally posted by REX
                I could just change my links to ”_blank” instead of “_self” and let the shop open in a new tab/window but I would really like to keep it the way it is.
                I'd focus on getting rid of your frames instantly if i were you, you're about 5 years out of date and going nowhere fast with that architecture.

Comment

d focus on getting rid of your frames
                  Transfer your whole site into actinic and bin the old design

Comment

You are probably right and I have plans to completely rebuild the site, but I lack the time to look in to it right now. I need to find a quick solution for this and move on to more “money making” tasks (less than 1% of our sales is through the web right now ).

If there are none, then I have to move the “catalog” outside my framed structure.

Best regards
                    Henrik

Comment

then I have to move the “catalog” outside my framed structure
                      Its already outside as far as I can see

Comment

Originally posted by REX
                        (less than 1% of our sales is through the web right now ).
                        It never cease to amaze me when people say things like this. If it is less than 1% of your sales at the moment, surely that clearly earmarks it as the most important factor to get sorted for your business at the moment. There is only 'web sales' in retail moving forward, the rest is going backwards. The success of the web is all around you, why can you guys not take the leap of faith and go get your hand in the cookie jar also.

If a business isn't bolstering it's position through the web, i think very shortly it will not be a business. Love it or hate it you simply have to join the web bandwagon. Each month goes by and even stranger businesses are getting online, i just wish people understood the real power and what the web can add to your business - it is truly incredible, it really is, but you gotta have some balls and faith to go for it.

When you see websites easily turning over half a million and sometimes over a million pound, your eyes are firmly opened for ever!

Comment

less than 1% of our sales is through the web right now
                          The frames are the cause of this - you may like them but the search engines absolutely hate them.

Comment

RuralWeb
                            I have altered the links to open the pages outside the framed structure for the moment.

Leehack
                            What are you talking about (off topic)?
                            But I must answer. My company develops and markets advanced equipment for measuring condition in industrial machines. Our main focus is the high end market with equipment and software at € 20 000 and more, typical buyers are BIG companies. No one orders this type of equipment over the web. Our website is a catalog with accessories for the expensive systems and basic instruments for the same purpose but in the lower price range.

RuralWeb
                            Frames may be crapp, but it’s not therefore only 1% of our sales is online. Try to search for Viber-A with google and see where you find us!

/Henrik

Comment

Frames may be crapp, but it’s not therefore only 1% of our sales is online. Try to search for Viber-A with google and see where you find us!
                              Viber-A is a very specific search term with low competition - business names are very easy to rank for. Hey what would I know obviously you are happy where you are so I will let you get on with things.

Comment

You mentioned "less than 1% of our sales is through the web right now", when you say right now, that would usually imply (to me), that you could do better and indeed probably want to. I have no idea on your business, i spoke more in general terms, but we both seem to agree, you could do better. Having a website with a recommended structure from the past 5 years would be progress.

It's great to be top of Google on certain terms, it makes you feel good for sure, when i see my company name on top of 40,000,000 results, it's an achievement, but not to be taken as cracked it by any means. Your term on the other hand has 1,240 results, it's not really something to write home about being top of that pile. But if that's what floats your boat and you like your frames, then i wish you a genuine good luck for the future.

Comment

Working...
                                X