Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3008 : The Vendor or Vendorname format is invalid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am running Protx in test mode on one of my sites and get this error message when I try to place a test order:

I contacted Protx support and got this message:

The error message you have provided indicates that you are either using the incorrect VendorName, or are posting transactions to an incorrect server, for example, to the Live server when you only have a test account.

Now, as far as I'm aware, the only place I put my vendor name is in the Merchant ID field when I configure Protx in the Business Settings. I have cut and pasted it there to make sure I didn't make any typos.

help!

Jane
    Jane Thurnell-Read
    200 Plus Weight Loss Tips

500 Plus Health And Happiness Tips

Hi,

Can you check in 'Network settings' if you have 'Use relative cgi-bin url's' selected. Turn it off update the site and let me know if the test works.

Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Just looked, Bruce, and the box is not checked.

Any other thoughts?

Jane
      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

If anyone can help me with this, I would really appreciate it.

Today i redid all the Protx steps with my partner reading the instreuctions and watching what I was doing. He couldn't see anything that I was doing wrong.

I've approched Protx again, but they say it's an Actinic problem!

I'm getting very fed up and frustrated.

Jane
        Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Jane,

Have you checked the OCCProtxScriptTemplate to ensure it still has your details as per THIS POST?
          Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your suggestion. I had checked it several times already, but I checked it again and it apperaed to be OK. I wasn't sure if I had had Actinic open when I did the incrementing the version step so I re-did that.

On the PC I have been using the problem is still the same. I still get the same message. I wondered if Cookies(????) could be involved in some way so decided to try it on my laptop and hey ho everything went correctly.

I then tried it on my partners laptop and the message about this is running in test mode and to click on the next button was there (as with all the others) but I couldn't see the 'next' button, so I couldn't tell if I would have got the error message from there.

Could some of you guys see if you can get to the credit card page (choosing 'Testing Do Not Use' from the payment options)

Here's a page to use:

http://www.lifeworkpotential.com/aca...lier_Kits.html

thanks

Jane
            Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

no "next" button here either...you may need to add it in (there is info on the forum about this somewhere, I believe)
              Tracey

Comment

the next button is appearing on the other two computers. On my partners machine and presumably yours I think the 'next' button is 'under' the right nav.

I'm not so worried about this, as I had it with another site on some machines, but once Protx went live the automatic bounce took care of it.

But it does mean, of course, that you can't get to the Protx page at the moment!

Jane
                Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

I have now spoken to Actinic support about this Protx problem and they suggested I upgrade from 8.5.0 to 8.5.2 and that should solve the problem.

I've done that and it hasn't. I'm still getting the same error message:

Anyone any ideas please

Jane
                  Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

After checking that you have the correct vendorname etc in the PROTX OCC script, did you remember to increment the version number in OCCUpgrade.ini?
                    Bill
                    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
                    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
                    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
                    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
                    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
                    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

yes, Bill. In fact I've done this about 6 times - replacing the encrypotion password and incrementing the version. Typing in the password, copying and pasting it, pulling out my hair and then pasting it (the number not my hair!), banging my head on the table then upping the number all to no avail.

But thanks for trying to help me.

Jane
                      Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Jane, presumably the encryption number is still there each time you're checking?

Although it's not giving the same error as you'd usually get for the key being wrong.

In your Business Settings > Payments > Protx (configure method)

Have you checked your vendorname? (merchant id)
                        It should be the MAIN vendor name that you type in the TOP box when logging in, not the user name.

It might be worthwhile checking it with Protx themselves to ensure it is exactly correct (and the password)
                        Tracey

Comment

hello Tracey,

a couple of times the encryption number got overwritten by 'testvendor' but not always, so that can't have been the problem.

I tried logging into the vendor panel with the vendor name (just in case, although I imagine all these details are generated automatically within Protx's system) and it worked fine. So I'm using the same word for the top field in the Protx admin login pannel and the merchant id in configure payment methods within Actinic. Is there anywhere else I should be putting this?
                          Jane Thurnell-Read

Comment

Hi Jane,

If you are using Protx in test mode, then the encryption passsword value should be 'testvendor' and not the actual encryption key. That is why Actinic was telling you the format was incorrect.

If you are using the actual key, switch it to production mode in Actinic and then update the site and test using the Protx test credit card details.

Kind regards,
                            Bruce King
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Jane,
                              We have found it always worthwhile reminding people that there are in fact 2 OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl files within Actinic.
                              Occasionally we have seen confusion over which one to change and what happens when you upgrade the OCCUpgrade.ini file. This can lead to problems.

The master OCCPROTXScriptTemplate.pl is located
                              C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\OCCUpgrade\CommonOCC

whereas the 'site' one relevant to the site, and the one Actinic uses when creating the checkout scripts etc is located
                              C:\Program Files\Actinic v8\Sites\Site1\CommonOCC

The standard protocol is to change the master script, increment the OCCUpgrade.ini file, then when Actinic next re-opens it overwrites the 'site' script with the new master one.

We always suggest you check the site file and make sure it is stating the correct info.
                              Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                              Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                              SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Working...
                              X