No announcement yet.

Is Actinic Payments ready to use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might be an idea for Actinic to reply to this thread as it is a problem that will possibly be off putting for potential users of AP.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Hi Nicola,

Not able to log in again today and have had to re-set the password again

Am now locked out due to multiple failed log ins
      I suggest you call support (don't need a cover contract for Actinic Payments queries) and see if someone can check the account for you.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

It's been fine and dandy since I reset the password a second time, no idea why it went iffy though!

Comment

OK

I thought i would share my experience of setting up AP. I class my self as a semi-advanced actinic user so someone that is new to the game would probably be pulling there hair out.

I try and set up AP, i have all my details the id, hash keys e.t.c

OK it fails - invalid merchant id oh bugger, i have probably miss typed something or it was a 0 not and O try it again, actually probably three times, restarted actinic, uploaded everytime, nope still fails.

So i dig out the email, and find this If you have any questions that are not covered in the setup guide above (this was a link to the basic actinic payment promotion page) please send an e-mail to

so i send an email only to get an auto response, telling me

Thank you for your email. To enable us to respond promptly to your support request,

please re-submit your query using the web form at

www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

So i decide to ring them, hey guess what you cant test AP with these details, you need a new set of details for testing, OK makes sense so i ask the girl to send me some and got the response - you need to fill in a form and someone will look at it for you.

OK my point (apart from having a winge)

1) Why give an email address that you dont want people to use
          2) Where is the setup information or emails telling me that you need test details to run in test mode
          3) Why are these not setup as standard in the first place, or am i odd for wanting to test it all works before i use it live.

Chris i hope you are reading this as support actually blamed admin probably 3 times while is was on the phone, apparently they should have sorted this, but he did say he would pass my comments on.

I cant believe i am the 1st person to have come across this and AP has been running for how many months. OK winge over

D

Comment

You get sorted out Darren?
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Yes G, sorry should have said, switched to Live mode and it works fine. I was reluctant to do this incase it failed to work and i risked losing customers.

But all is well.

Setting it up is actually very simple, i just dont think Actinic make it easy though, a little more communication or some form of user guide stating what some may see as obvious, or in my case an idiots guide

D

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                Yes G, sorry should have said, switched to Live mode and it works fine. I was reluctant to do this incase it failed to work and i risked losing customers.
                D
                I had exactly the same problem last week running V8.5.3, I tried to setup test mode as I didn't want to go live immediately. Got 'invalid seller identification' and even when I switched to normal mode I still had the error. Managed to get good response from support though who fixed up a snapshot for me. They had to add the actinic payments files into the additional files to upload, not sure why but it works OK now.

It would be better if Actinic supplied a set of test credentials as well as the real ones so we can test the system before going live.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
                SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
                Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by malbro View Post
                  It would be better if Actinic supplied a set of test credentials as well as the real ones so we can test the system before going live.
                  I did suggest this to the guy in support and he said he would pass my comments on, but agreed it would make sense to do it for all accounts not when requested. So fingers crossed a change of procedure will be made

Comment

Hi Darren,

I've also let our product managers know about the experience you've had and they are now discussing options of improving it.
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you Tracey

there is nothing wrong with the Actinic Payments, its the information available that is lacking

It probably needs to be looked at by someone who has had nothing to do with the product. When someone knows what they are doing they forget to take on the role of someone who has no understanding of the product and they tend to miss pieces of the chain

Comment

The reporting section is falling down badly today

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post

there is nothing wrong with the Actinic Payments, its the information available that is lacking

It probably needs to be looked at by someone who has had nothing to do with the product. When someone knows what they are doing they forget to take on the role of someone who has no understanding of the product and they tend to miss pieces of the chain
                          I'd agree with you on this Darren. Now that Actinic Payments is set up I'm pleased with it, it's easy & intuitive to use & quick.

The set up was a bit like doing an Ikea flatpack without the instructions! From my point of view it was a case of being dropped in it slightly with very little information on the application/set-up process etc.

Actinic catalog is great for having comprehensive instructions to get started & I really think payments could benefit from at least a simple "getting started" guide.

One final moan is regarding the use of O/0 and I & Ls. It took a bit of playing around with these to get the hash codes etc. working as the code given didn't make it clear what was a zero or an O etc.

Comment

Originally posted by christina View Post
                            One final moan is regarding the use of O/0 and I & Ls. It took a bit of playing around with these to get the hash codes etc. working as the code given didn't make it clear what was a zero or an O etc.
                            I had this issue aswell, had a guess and got it wrong on one though

The only other thing i would like to mention - weres my emails with the transaction details, i dont wont to be logging in to check transactions security stuff.

D

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaUK View Post
                              The reporting section is falling down badly today
                              We've not had any Bank Submission reports for the past 2 days. Anyone got the same?

Also, I would be interested to know what procedure (report) people use to reconcile the totals at the end of the day.

Cheers,

John
                              www.homecreations.co.uk - www.wastedisposershop.com - www.wastemaidshop.co.uk -

Comment

Ah ha - i was about to ring actinic, i have only just set it up so wanted to ask them as i have no reports either. All i have is a question mark against the payment.

Guess i should have reports then

Comment

Working...
                                X