• Time
  • Show
Clear All

i think actinic payments will do this

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook View Post
      i think actinic payments will do this
      Hi
      I have been told that it only keep card details for 3 days.

any other ideas.

Thanks

Elliott
      Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

I've been using paypal on my existing cart for about 5 years. The charges are fairly high to start with but still comparable with any other payment provider. I've just started to use actinic so I've been around the payment providers so see if there was another (cheaper) option and there still isn't really much in it. I could save a bit on the transaction charges but they all want a set up fee, there's a transaction charge, some want to defer paymnet for 30 days (like I'm going to let them sit on a months money).

2/3 of my customers use paypal pro and about a 1/3 express.
        Express is charged at a lower rate once you get past 55k/month.

Comment

Originally posted by Golf Tee Warehouse View Post
          If Paypal express bypasses the Actinic Checkout are there any issues regarding delivery addresses in the Actinic console
          Originally posted by TraceyG View Post
          No, these fields are returned from PayPal and downloaded with the order.
          Hi Guys

I beg to differ on this as I have paypal pro and have been trying for a year now to integrate it properly. When customers use the express checkout there are issues with the delivery address.

The customer's address comes down fine or he can change his address and that works fine, you get his name and the changed address drawn down. However, if a customer wishes to send it to a third party, i.e changes the name as well as the address (which is now available in paypal), actinic is only drawing down the address change and not the name and you don't get your original customer's invoice details either. If you need this sorting Actinic will not support it as I have discovered to my cost and not at all happy about!

Helen
          Helen
          www.postapresent.co.uk
          Gifts by Post & Giftwrapping Service

Comment

I ditched PayPal Pro - can I still upload Express Checkout free?

[/COLOR]I don't have enough business to keep spending £20 a month on Payments Pro - but I have been told that I can revert to Payments Standard (which I have done) and still upload Express Checkout and logo free of charge.

Is this true - and do you have a simple explanation of how it is done?

Graeme Hubcap

Comment

Originally posted by JGLIGHTING View Post
              Hi
              Does any know of a PSP that hold pre authorised card details for about 2 weeks or more. www.jglighting.co.uk
              There are two points to realise here. The first is how long a pre-authorisation is held open by the banking system i.e. the funds are reserved on the card holders account. The answer is 2-3 days and it's a function of the banking system, so EVERY payment service provider is the same in respect of this.

The second question is how long details are held and can be re-used to authorise a pre-authorised transaction. In Actinic Payment's case this is 3 months but may be exteneded in the future.

With all systems, if you try to authorise a pre-authorise that has expired it will work if the funds are available, but the fee charged is sometimes higher, although I haven't really heard any complaints about this so it may be more theory than relaity, or charges may be trivial.

Chris

Comment

Working...
              X