No announcement yet.

Paypal - General script error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that post Simon. I'll take a look at the server configuration, old compared to new, and see if I can sport anything. They're both Linux servers, it's just the new one is an upgrade and a much better and faster server, so there shouldn't be any issues there really.

Mike, here is the URL that PayPal diverts to. My only thoughts with this is that it looks like something may be missing from the end of it, but I may be wrong?

http://blacksheepwools.co.uk/cgi-bin...pwools.co.uk/&
    Cheers
    Stuart

Comment

Does anyone know who the main person is at Actinic Support or if there's someone above the call centre staff I can contact? I just feel like I'm being ignored/fobbed off on this issue. I keep emailing and either getting no response for days or being told "it's been referred to our development team" They won't even give me a progress report when I ask for it.

Trouble is I've been being told this for over a month now and the issue is still not resolved, and the development have so far come back with nothing. It's getting a bit boring now feeling like I'm being ignored or I'm not important. When it's something as serious as this it should be made more of a priority because business is being lost here.
      Cheers
      Stuart

Comment

Contact Chris Barling (CBARLING) via his profile on the forum. He's probably seen this anyway, but when a problem has gone on this long it's worth raising the issue.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

It seems we too are getting this problem and another PayPal related error also.

I see in our error log the following messages have started to appear a number of times in the last few days:-

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 22690 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2010/01/06 13:17, Internal Errors = Your shopping cart has expired, orders must be completed within 24 hours or they will be automatically cancelled.
          Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 22690 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2010/01/06 20:15, Internal Errors = PayPal payment status: Refunded
          Don't know why this has suddenly started?

Any and all fix suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Thanks,

Laura
          http://www.lembrassa.com
          Designs for the Fuller Bust

Comment

Have you made any significant changes to your website configutation or even your PayPal account Laura? It's worth checking through some of the suggestions on this thread...although we've have tried them all and am still getting the error and we're now considering removing PayPal completely. This is something we don't want to do as a large portion of turnover comes from PayPal and a lot of customers use it. Actinic Support have referred it to their development team and I've been promised an answer several times but so far none have been forthcoming.
            Cheers
            Stuart

Comment

Ben Popplestone is head of support - he goes by the user "Ben" in the community.

you should be able to PM him from here

Comment

Stuart, the only strange thing recently is that sometimes the refresh fails after a downlaod of orders and we have to try several times - sometimes even re-publishing the whole site several times - before we can get everything up cleanly to the server.

Don't know what has caused that either - and can't see any direct link between that and the PayPal issue.

Nothing major has changed on the site recently - just new products being added as usual.

So still mystified.

Thanks,

Laura

Comment

If you've had trouble with refreshing the website then it may be worth doing a purge and refresh to re-upload the scripts and perl files etc. It could be that during the failed refreshes some of the scripts haven't re-uploaded properly. This is something I have also tried myself (again, didn't work) and it's something I've done once or twice before also.

Have you ever done a purge and refresh before? If not I'd do a search on here about it before you do it just to make sure you do it right.

Thanks for the info Jo by the way. I'll give that a try.
                  Cheers
                  Stuart

Comment

Laura, I appear to have a solution to this problem now.

What you need to do is go to ‘Web | Network Setup’, and un-tick 'Use relative CGI-BIN URLs in Catalog Pages'. Now purge the session files, by going to ‘Help | Troubleshooting’. (Be aware that by purging session files this will empty any shopping carts of anyone browsing your site currently - though it's worth it if this solves your problem with PayPal) Then upload and test the site.

Let us know how you get on with this.
                    Cheers
                    Stuart

Comment

Stualk,

I am delighted that you found a solution and it worked for you.

Unfortunately, 'Use relative CGI-BIN URLs in Catalog Pages' is not ticked in my set-up so I can’t un-tick it and gain the same benefit.

Guess I'll just have to live with it .

Thanks,

Laura

Comment

Laura do you have Actinic cover? If so I recommend you speak to them and send them a snapshot over to see if they can resolve it for you. You don't want to lose business over this issue, afterall.
                        Cheers
                        Stuart

Comment

We have had the exact same problem on two of our sites. Neither or which use PayPal.

The worst affected was our USA site, which uses Barclays ePDQ and Secure hosting, but we have had problems with our UK site which uses Sagepay.

We've had no real help from Actinic support either, when I first raised the issue I was told that it was a problem with our hosting. I called the hosts who said it was problem with Actinic (the usual finger pointing game) so I was very happy to find that someone has a solution.

Thank you stualk I've made the same changes you outlined above and I hope that we've now seen the back of the general script error.

Comment

Working...
                          X