Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HSBC and "Tax By Invoice Address"

Morning,

We have been using Actinic (V9) and HSBC for the past 5 yrs. In order to have the address details passed to HSBC when a different delivery address is being used, we have selected “Tax by Invoice Address” as outlined in the KB article.

The scenario is 9 times out of 10 this works without a problem. However, where it does cause an issue, is if a customer from a non-vatable (?) country i.e. USA places an order to be shipped to a UK address the vat is not charged. As the goods are not being exported we need to charge the VAT. Likewise it works in reverse, where VAT is charged and it shouldn’t be.

I appreciate that everyone’s individual tax and shipping set-up is different and complex, however am I missing a check-box somewhere to prevent this from happening? Or is there a workaround?

If not, and this is what everyone else is experiencing, does anyone know if this has been fixed in V10 or V11?

Thanks in advance for any info/thoughts!

Tax should be set by delivery address. Not invoice address.

I'm not familiar with the hsbc issue. Shouldn't actinic be sending the invoice address to HSBC anyway?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike, for HSBC to work with Actinic you have to set tax by Invoice address, otherwise nothing gets passed over to HSBC at all.

As far as correcting the problem when someone from overseas orders for delivery to a UK address is concerned, I'm not aware of a workaround. Except, possibly, to always apply tax regardless (which then causes more problems when people in Jersey for example - whingeing so and sos- complain).
      Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

crikey. That's a bit of a balls up.

I can (kind of) understand that you can't have simple shipping as hsbc want a country code but why can't you use tax by delivery address as it should be?

surely if it was just a case of actinic passing the wrong country code if tax by delivery address was used then Actinic could have fixed it by now. It'll be in the scripts so shouldn't be all that horrendous to correct.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I don't think 3rd party PSPs are a priority for Actinic
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to reply - I'm starting to think there is no way around this! Hopefully it will be sorted in a new release

Comment

Working...
            X