Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Secure Epayments to Global Iris (Realex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey thanks David !
    Nice one.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Thank you David, that's great.

Would you please confirm the copyright date in your file, so I can make sure the file I have is the same as mine already includes an address section further down and I want to check it hasn't already been modified

The file I have in V10 shows
      " Copyright (c) Actinic Software Ltd 2001 All rights reserved"
      and has this code starting at line 193 just further down from your code change position

at 193
      # supply the cardholder's address details
      #
      AddPostValues ('&', 'SALUTATION'...
      AddPostValues ('&', 'NAME',..
      AddPostValues ('&', 'JOBTITLE',..
      AddPostValues ('&', 'COMPANY',..
      AddPostValues ('&', 'ADDRESS1',..

at 210
      AddPostValues ('&', 'INVOICEPOSTCODE'...
      Best regards
      Derek

Comment

Working well. Thank you. A bit cross that the integration, such as it is, didn't include such an important piece of code to start with..
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Derek,

My file is the same, the problem isn't that Actinic doesn't supply the data, it's that it doesn't supply it in the correct fields or format.
          David
          Tantronics Limited
          Batteries - Chargers - Portable Power - Photo Accessories
          www.tantronics.co.uk

Comment

Thank you David.
            That's excellent. A quick file edit for me, instead of picking and installing a different shop!

Comment

I have just been asked by a customer where their order was..
              I was upset to find it in psp pending from over a week ago.

The payment was made on Realex, and the payment went through, and is batched on my RealControl page. However the callback doesnt seem to have happened, and the order remained in psp (payment) pending so never got sent out !

I've check back and cant see any others.. but one is enough! How can the call back fail.. arent there safeguards to make sure this cant happen?
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It generally depends on how Realex handles things.

When a callback is made, occasionally it won't get through, really due to the nature of the Internet. Routing tables can be temporarily wrong, DNS can be down etc. It doesn't happen often, but it's like when you look at a web site and it doesn't display, sometimes you refresh and it then works.

In SellerDeck payments, if a call isn't responded to, it retries a few times, then it retries a few hours later, then I think a day or so later.

It might be worth asking Realex how they handle this.

Chris

Comment

thanks Chris
                  Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                    Thanks Krithika, Hopefully Realex will sort out an upgrade then. I am hassling them about this issue and the fact that Realex cannot accept Amex. They are promising it will be looked into. I will report back if I hear anymore.
                    Realex tell me that they accept Amex.

I am just about to test it for one of my clients - .... I'll let you know how we get on.
                    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Realex have checked their logs and say that their system did not generate an 'alert' as it should have done. I dont know why it wouldnt do that and the support person didnt know why not either. I have asked for this to be escalated to find out why.

The sale went through but no callback or response suceeded.. no alert was raised.

Is this another example of the dodgy actinic-realex integtration?

I know this must be sweet music to the ears of the promoters of Actinic Payments... (Chris)

but I dont think its sweet for Actinic in general.. as this integration does come built into actinic.

I can understand that with AP now an option that you want to promote, there is less to gain from fixing the integration, but still, Souldnt someone from Actinic look at it to see if its actually fit for purpose.. or liase with Realex to sort it out.

So far as the integration stands, (without fixes posted here) there is
                      no support for AVS checks as the address details are passed in the wrong format.
                      no support for accepting Amex cards
                      and
                      callback failure without alerts, meaning payments can be taken without the orders completing !

I'm wondering what more we are going to find out.
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
                        Realex tell me that they accept Amex.

I am just about to test it for one of my clients - .... I'll let you know how we get on.

Realex might accept Amex cards... but not on the Acinic / Sellerdeck integration !
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                          Realex might accept Amex cards... but not on the Acinic / Sellerdeck integration !

That's what I thought... but the integration analyst I'm dealing with is confident it will work. Gotta test it to prove them wrong, I suppose
                          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

give em hell then when you prove them wrong !

I think we all really need to kick off if we're to get any joy.

It not just the AMEX thing thats wrong with the integration.. It also doesnt pass address details correctly, so all AVS checks come back 'U' (unavailable) The hack earlier in the thread does work.. but really.. it shows that the integration is poor to say the least!
                            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

It was great that David took the time to modify the file, and his mod works great for the values it sends but I'm disappointed the file in Actinic is wrong and it makes me reluctant to stay with it.

After running a few transactions to test, I notice the risk score shows the country in red and lowers the score incorrectly because Actinic doesn't send the billing country to Realex either.

Best regards
                              Derek

PS, While I was testing, I saw that if a customer fails 3dsecure the message they are shown is very oddly formatted and recommends they contact Realex and gives their phone number and email address. I might have missed it in the front end (V10), but the only place I could see to change it was by editing PostRealex.fil directly. If you haven't already checked, you might want to double check the message yours shows

Comment

Hi Derek,

I hope that "makes me reluctant to stay with it" doesn't refer to SellerDeck itself.

As explained earlier in the thread all of the code for the integration has been written by Realex or their contractors and they are free to update it as necessary and pass it to SellerDeck for inclusion.

Apologies if I've misunderstood you - that would be a case of me being over-sensitive.

Chris

Comment

Working...
                                X