Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HSBC Secure Epayments to Global Iris (Realex)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On inspecting my Realex control panel I have noticed that, on two of the dodgy orders, the time given as when the payment was made is many hours after the time actinic says the order was made.

date...............order number last 4digits..........order time actinic..........payment time according to Realex
    08.12.2012.................... 8080.......................... 3.13...........................................15.56
    08.12.2012.....................8091...........................10.18.........................................21.04
    I believe I have discounted MOD_SECURITY on the server being the issue.
    It seems detailed domain logs are only kept by my server for 24 hrs. I have increased this now.
    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

reply from Realex;

I think I can map them to order id EC914910028080 at 15.56 and from our logs there is no log of the actinic time mentioned 3.13.

The 2nd order CB50YX10028091 is at 21.04 and again I can see no log for the time mentioned of 10.18.

Our system only records the time that the payment request was sent to us, and the timestamps were logged as you mentioned 15.56 and 21.04.
      The order sit correctly in sequence within actinic, so I believe the time that actinic says these orders was made is the correct time. Within the Realex control panel, the orders are well out of sequence with surrounding orders.. some 6 and 10 hours late.
      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Seeing as I dont trust the integration anymore I have been checking all transactions daily.

It has happened again this morning at 06.40

I have an order in psp pending, that has completed in realex.. same deal, the call back has failed, and I have not received an alert from Realex.

This time I have the error logs and access logs... I can see 'os00000.pl' activity at the time of the failed order, but I dont really know what I am looking for.
        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I recall from HSBC Epayments days that payments could fail or go into PSP-Pending even if paid if the server times were not in sync.

Might it be worth contacting the customers involved directly and asking them if their settings match yours?
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

thanks mate.

An interesting coincidence is that the very next customer who ordered using Realex emailed me to tell me that on completion of his order he got the message;

"invalid data in merchant_ID"

he was worried his order had failed, but on checking his order was fine and in 'pending'

is that a clue?
            Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

193.105.253.110 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:40:59 +0000] POST /cgi-bin/os000001.pl HTTP/1.1 200 262 - epage.cgi, getMerchantContent libwww-perl/5.805
              Does this look like a callback to the server?
              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by feemish View Post
                "invalid data in merchant_ID"

he was worried his order had failed, but on checking his order was fine and in 'pending'

is that a clue?
                Dunno if it's a clue - but it suggests that something in the Realex config isn't working as it should be. We have had one go into PSP Pending as you describe, but we got the error email from Realex so it wasn't a problem.

One thing I have noticed with realex is that people aka idiots who put commas or other odd characters into the Town/City address line get multiple failures. Is there anything odd about the addresses in the affected orders?
                Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Hi Mark,

This is certainly an odd one. Looking at your logs I can see that this error type

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 25252 , HTTP Server = Apache/2.2.22 (Unix) mod_ssl/2, Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2012/12/08 16:13, Internal Errors = The transaction cannot complete successfully. Instruct the customer to use an alternative payment method.
                  Started back in February and then got more common again in July. Both these periods seem to be around error messages from 'express' payments which might have something to do with paypal express. You didn't have to change anything to get paypal express working did you?

I also see you have a redirect on your home page. It might be worth checking that isn't causing any problems.

I also see that many of the earlier 'transaction cannot complete' errors are followed up with a 'payment has already been' received message which suggests the psp is re-trying the payment confirmation until it works. This might be the cause of the timing errors you're seeing.

Sorry I can't be more help. If I see anything that looks like the problem I'll let you know.

Mike
                  -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
                    One thing I have noticed with realex is that people aka idiots who put commas or other odd characters into the Town/City address line get multiple failures. Is there anything odd about the addresses in the affected orders?
                    no theres nothing odd about the addressed in the failed orders. :-(
                    Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
                      Started back in February and then got more common again in July. Both these periods seem to be around error messages from 'express' payments which might have something to do with paypal express. You didn't have to change anything to get paypal express working did you?

I also see you have a redirect on your home page. It might be worth checking that isn't causing any problems.

I also see that many of the earlier 'transaction cannot complete' errors are followed up with a 'payment has already been' received message which suggests the psp is re-trying the payment confirmation until it works. This might be the cause of the timing errors you're seeing.

Sorry I can't be more help. If I see anything that looks like the problem I'll let you know.

Mike
                      Thanks for the interest Mike. I did start using paypal express around that time I think. I didnt change anything apart from add it as a payment option.

Paypal Standard and Paypal Express (I have both) are working fine. All orders going into pending. For once Paypal is behaving very well !
                      Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

After getting quite moody with Realex because I thought they were passing the buck, I'm now fairly sure that the callback to the server IS happening, but for some reason Actinic (Sellerdeck) is leaving the order in psp pending. Why this is happening I have no idea. I think this is the callback to the response page from realex for the order this morning that remained in psp pending;

193.105.253.110 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:40:59 +0000] POST /cgi-bin/os000001.pl HTTP/1.1 200 262 - epage.cgi, getMerchantContent libwww-perl/5.805
                        I might be wrong, I cant get anyone to confirm that this is the callback.

I've checked MOD_SECURITY on my server and that doesnt list any actions for months so its not that. There are no .occ files without a .ord file on the server, so it isnt that my computer is not downloading the orders properly. Realex say their system confirms that the callbacks are reaching the response page, so they dont raise any alerts for me.

99% of orders go through into 'pending' without any problem. Its intermittant, which means I now have to manually check every order against the Realex Control panel for fear of missing orders.

The only clue I have is that the person who made the very next Realex order on my website after the dodgy one says that on completing his order, he was shown the message;

invalid data in merchant_ID
                        However on checking his order had gone through fine !

My suspicion now lies with the Realex integration with Actinic. Other people have had issues with this integration, as can be seen earlier in the thread. (For example it wasnt passing address details over correctly until someone posted a fix) Its obviously not working properly.

I can understand Sellerdecks reservations in sorting out the integration. As they believe it is down to Realex. Realex tell me it is down to Actinic. So I'm stuck in the middle. I worry that sellerdeck are reluctant to fix the issue as they want to push as many people onto Actinic payments as they can, so maybe they have a vested interest in NOT fixing it. But I get really excellent transaction rates which sellerdeck cant offer me. So I'd obviously like to stick with HSBC. Man this is incredibly frustrating.
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

That URL is not the callback. The callback will be to something like os000001.pl assuming your script ID is 1.

The merchant_ID is only used by SellerDeck to request the payment page from RealEx. If it was wrong then RealEX would not take the payment.

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                          SellerDeck.

Comment

but that URL does contain os000001.pl

and immediately after every order there is a request from that IP address which I think is the Realex IP saying 'getMerchantContent' I have sent the complete access log to support but have heard nothing back yet

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:35:30 +0000] GET /cgi-bin/st000001.pl?ACTION=GETSECTIONSTOCK&SID=2&timestamp=1355293729955 HTTP/1.1 200 4728 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...esh-tubes.html Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:35:35 +0000] GET /cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=Start HTTP/1.1 200 43898 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/...esh-tubes.html Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:35:37 +0000] GET /acatalog/cpi-background.gif HTTP/1.1 200 1026 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/o...l?ACTION=Start Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:35:37 +0000] GET /acatalog/cpi-end.gif HTTP/1.1 200 338 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/o...l?ACTION=Start Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:35:37 +0000] GET /acatalog/cpi-main.gif HTTP/1.1 200 799 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/o...l?ACTION=Start Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:35:37 +0000] GET /acatalog/cpi-main-mid.gif HTTP/1.1 200 1366 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/o...l?ACTION=Start Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:38:37 +0000] POST /cgi-bin/os000001.pl HTTP/1.1 200 27816 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/o...l?ACTION=Start Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:39:05 +0000] POST /cgi-bin/os000001.pl HTTP/1.1 200 28134 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:39:23 +0000] POST /cgi-bin/os000001.pl HTTP/1.1 200 28247 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:39:25 +0000] GET /acatalog/theme_icon_add_to_cart.gif HTTP/1.1 200 353 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/cgi-bin/os000001.pl Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

121.75.145.47 - - [13/Dec/2012:06:39:50 +0000] GET /cgi-bin/os000001.pl?ACTION=GETPSPFORM&PAYMENTMETHOD=56&timestamp=1355293990427 HTTP/1.1 200 2288 http://www.arka-shop.co.uk/acatalog/ Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0; MATP)

Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Originally posted by gcamley View Post
                              The merchant_ID is only used by SellerDeck to request the payment page from RealEx. If it was wrong then RealEX would not take the payment.
                              Something is obviously borked then, because thats message the customer received, and I cant imagine why he'd make something like that up.
                              Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

What exactly am I expected to do in this situation?

I buy a product, actinic, it has an integration with a psp, it doesnt work correctly.

Its a serious issue which results in me taking money from customers but the orders dont go into pending so I dont know about them !

Sellerdeck blame Realex, Realex blame Sellerdeck.

Problem remains. I'm stuck in the middle.

I'm doing my very best to help solve the problem, but I'm a retailer not a programmer.
                                Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

Working...
                                X