Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Pay

Received an email with this:

Sellerdeck has negotiated a time limited introductory offer specific to Sellerdeck Desktop customers. Amazon Pay will waive transaction fees between 8th November 2019 to 31st December 2019, when a new account is created and processed at least one transaction via Sellerdeck Desktop with Amazon Pay before 7th November 2019.
    What are the fees after the offer? Is it this: https://pay.amazon.co.uk/help/SKX7JCY3G3SP73U

The fees in the link look very similar to Paypal's

Looking at this page
    https://pay.amazon.co.uk/help/202146230
    it seems to be a requirement that traders operate as a limited company.

Comment

I'm a bit puzzled over how Amazon Pay is likely to drive increased sales. Because of Ebay, where you are obliged to offer Paypal as a payment method and the vast majority of customers pay that way, a lot of people have Paypal balances and it almost seems like free money when it is spent. Between a quarter and a third of my buyers use Paypal.

But how many people have an Amazon account with a balance sitting in it?

Comment

I can't see how it increases our sales either...

I personally have both Amazon and Paypal account with nil balance on both... If I see both options, I have to choose either one to pay.

I'm trying to find the Paypal Fees... I remember it used to be like a table similar to the Amazon... but cannot find it... I keep getting this:

PayPal fees are 2.90% + £0.30 per transaction
        Has Paypal changed to just 1 rate?

Anyway... I wanted to crunch some numbers, eg:

£20k of Sales : Find the difference in processing fees
        #1 : £20k paid via Paypal
        #2 : £20k paid via Amazon
        #3 : £10k paid via Paypal + £10k paid via Amazon

I assume fragmenting the payments would = more in fees

I would not remove Paypal though... ebay was popular first, so I assume most will have Paypal accounts

Comment

Working...
        X