PayPal commerce platform

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
    A big thumbs up to G.W Green for the new knowledge base article on the Paypal Ecommerce Platform and how to set it up here:

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...merce-platform

It looks pretty comprehensive and easy to understand.

Mike
    Indeed, I did have an exchange of emails with Sellerdeck and pointed out that for myself at least this "help" was hidden too deep in the help files, so am pleased to see it this. I did manage to install it onto my website using these instructions, but not put it live yet.
    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Our PayPal Express Checkout was resulting in ‘no token passed’, so clients are not able to checkout with PayPal anymore. We managed to change in Business Settings to PayPal (Commerce Platform) incl. the API settings, but no button/logo from PayPal on our shopping cart/checkout page. We searched in Sellerdeck Portal but not able to find it. Can you guide us further?
      SellerDeck 16.07 Business Plus

Comment

The knowledge base article was great thanks in setting up the service for the standard SD18 template. I have done the same thing with the swift template but when I select the debit and credit cards option the card number, expiry date and security number boxes are not able to take an input.

I have had this reply from Gary regarding the payment input prompts problem;

Thanks for contacting SellerDeck software support.

Please go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and scroll down to the group 'PayPal Checkout' and expand it, opening the layout 'PayPal Custom Card Fields Stylesheet'.

At the very top of the layout you will see: -

#idPayPalCheckoutDetails { float: left; width: 100%; }
        replace this with: -

#idPayPalCheckoutDetails { width: 100%; }
        Click 'Ok' and close the library.

Once you have done this, upload the site for the changes to appear online.

Kind regards,
        Gary Green | Technical Support | SellerDeck

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled-2.jpg Views:	27 Size:	37.2 KB ID:	553717
        Last edited by Seorch; 03-Feb-2021, 11:19 AM. Reason: Feedback from Sellerdeck Support

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
          We dropped paypal when they stopped refunding fees when we refund a customer.

Does this new system refund fees?
          Got an answer at long last ....

Hi Mark,

Unfortunately it’s not good news, the policy was brought in last year and they won’t change it.

I fully appreciate it’s not fair especially when a customer changes their mind so quickly but it’s now a policy that I can’t do anything about I’m afraid.

We have given feedback quite a lot about it and if anything changes going forward there will be a communication but for now that’s the way it is.

Kind regards,

Jennifer
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Since taking PayPal off all 4 of our sites we have seen no negative effect on sales.

If anything, our process’ have been streamlined more with only using Sellerdeck Payments from within Sellerdeck.

We also have no negative comments from customers for not accepting PayPal.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Zirconium Rings
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Josh Barling View Post
              All PayPal integrations will be available in v18.0.5 and v16.0.7. The subsequent versions will have the legacy PayPal integrations removed as the new PayPal Commerce Platform integration will be the recommended integration moving forward.
              We have new Sellerdeck versions released related to Brexit fixes... v18.0.6 / v16.0.8
              - I hope the "legacy Paypal integrations" haven't been removed as we've not made progress on changing to their new one.

Comment

I can confirm that v18.0.6 and v16.0.8 both include the legacy PayPal integrations. They will be removed in a future release.

Our approach has changed due to the requirement to release an emergency patch for Brexit.

Thanks, Josh
                Josh Barling
                CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

josh.barling@sellerdeck.com

Comment

That's great, thanks Josh for the quick response. I'll update this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                    Since taking PayPal off all 4 of our sites we have seen no negative effect on sales.

If anything, our process’ have been streamlined more with only using Sellerdeck Payments from within Sellerdeck.

We also have no negative comments from customers for not accepting PayPal.
                    I have now taken PayPal off as well. It is way too problematical the way it is at the moment, and definitely not worth the hassle (that's the "new PayPal Commerce Platform integration", by the way).

Comment

We're still using Paypal Express...

What problems are happening on the new platform?
                      Will Sellerdeck keep legacy Paypal options until problems are resolved?

Comment

Sorry for the delay. The following issues made me decide to stop using PayPal:-
                        1. When the 'PayPal' payment method is used, a lot of payments come through with two (occasionally more) related orders in Sellerdeck. One order is marked as paid, whilst the other remains in 'PSP-Pending'. This issue has been allocated bug reference SD-8368.
                        2. The PayPal 'Refund' button doesn't work correctly. This issue has been allocated bug reference SD-8358.
                        3. Some customers are seeing a transaction in their bank account, yet their order does not complete. As it turns out, these bank transactions are 'pending' and will eventually fail to clear, however some customers don't realise this and are understandably alarmed. The time subsequently spent communicating with the customer (and even then, a few decide they don't want to pursue the order as they are put off, resulting in lost sales) is not worth it.
                        4. There have been a couple of other issues since I enabled the new PayPal Commerce Platform integration, however those have since been resolved.

Comment

Thanks for the update

We'll have to hold and hope SD will fix the problems before removing the legacy options...

Comment

We'll have to hold and hope SD will fix the problems before removing the legacy options...
                            I'm now thinking the same thing.
                            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback, its' very useful.

We've definitely encountered more issues than we had hoped and I appreciate this is frustrating for you, as it is for us.

Unfortunately our initial resource planning and launch dates have been disrupted due to some difficult bugs in the PayPal Commerce Platform integration and Brexit changes / bugs.

Our aim was always to release a minor patch update which removed the legacy PayPal versions and for that removal to be the main difference in patches. That way it was clear if legacy PayPal integrations were available. Then moving forward we would release fixes into subsequent versions.

Not everything plays out the way you plan it, so we are currently reviewing our launch dates and deciding how to best manage updates and fixes we are currently / have implemented.

We'll share that with you once we've decided.

Thanks, Josh
                              Josh Barling
                              CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Originally posted by MrsBee View Post
                                Sorry for the delay. The following issues made me decide to stop using PayPal:-
                                1. When the 'PayPal' payment method is used, a lot of payments come through with two (occasionally more) related orders in Sellerdeck. One order is marked as paid, whilst the other remains in 'PSP-Pending'. This issue has been allocated bug reference SD-8368.
                                2. The PayPal 'Refund' button doesn't work correctly. This issue has been allocated bug reference SD-8358.
                                3. Some customers are seeing a transaction in their bank account, yet their order does not complete. As it turns out, these bank transactions are 'pending' and will eventually fail to clear, however some customers don't realise this and are understandably alarmed. The time subsequently spent communicating with the customer (and even then, a few decide they don't want to pursue the order as they are put off, resulting in lost sales) is not worth it.
                                4. There have been a couple of other issues since I enabled the new PayPal Commerce Platform integration, however those have since been resolved.
                                Hi, we've been discussing these points and both the tickets you've listed are fixed and scheduled for release in a future version. We'll give more detail on release dates later on.

I've asked a colleague to reach out regarding your third point, as we are not certain what the issue is, but are keen on finding out.

Thanks, Josh
                                Josh Barling
                                CEO | Sellerdeck Ltd

Comment

Working...
                                X