Amazon Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Pay

I am having difficulty setting up Amazon Pay on Sellerdeck v 18.0.6.

As far as i can tell, I have set up the account correctly with Amazon Pay and entered the details into the Sellerdeck Business Settings - but the option to use Amazon Pay never appears on our web site.

I have been in contact with Amazon Pay about this and they say that Sellerdeck is not one of their currently supported providers.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

In Business Settings > Payment & Security, is the Website box ticked for Amazon Pay? Is it set up as Limited By Location? Are you purchasing from a valid location (assuming Limited By Location is set up)
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Many thanks for your posting.
      Yes, the Web box is ticked and the Limited by Location box is unticked.
      As far as I can see, it all looks good.
      Other payment methods show on the web site - but not Amazon Pay.
      Do you have Amazon Pay working ok?

Comment

You have done an upload, haven't you? Sorry to sound patronising but I've seen more basic errors

I don't use Amazon Pay
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Many thanks again for the posting.

Yes, I've done an upload - as you say, basic errors can occur, so it's as well to check!

Amazon's comments about not supporting Sellerdeck made me wonder if, in fact, Amazon Pay works at all with Sellerdeck.

Comment

The full details are here in the knowledge base.

https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...erdeck-desktop

There seems to be quite a detailed list of things to do including whitelisting your domain in seller central.
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I have followed all of the guidance given there - and have also checked with Amazon Pay technical support, who say that everything is set up ok at their ends - but still the Amazon Pay option never appears on the web site.

Other payment options work ok - such as Pay360 (SECPay); but not Amazon Pay.

Comment

What website is it Chris?
                Based in rural Northants

Comment

www.cnrl.co.uk

I'll be happy to answer any queries.

Comment

The site is reporting that it is on version 18.0.6

But the design doesn't look like it - it looks very much older. Version 14?

And if the checkout design has not been upgraded to version 16 or version 18 then I very much doubt that it will show Amazon Pay as an option (but I could be wrong about that....)
                    Based in rural Northants

Comment

The site itself was designed quite a long time ago - back in the days when it was Actinic Business (version 7.0.5, to be precise).

It has always been upgraded with the newest versions and is currently on 18.0.6.

I would, have thought that the automatic site upgrade carried out when installing new versions should have covered problems like that - unless there's a bug...

Comment

That looks like the old Smart theme, which dates back at least to v8. TBH it's about the oldest I've seen still in actual use. The upgrader would certainly attempt to add the Amazon Pay fields, but I can't guarantee that it would succeed - particularly if the design has been tweaked in some way. I don't think we would have tested it. We do test upgrades extensively, but we can't test every old theme for everything that's been added since. That would be hundreds of different combinations, and the time and cost would be prohibitive, unfortunately.

Support may be able to help you add the required fields by hand. But you would be far better off upgrading to a newer theme that is at least responsive. Your Google quality score will be quite badly affected by such an old and mobile-unfriendly design.
                        Bruce Townsend
                        Ecommerce Product Manager
                        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

I think you're right, it is the Smart design - it always seems to have worked ok.

Looking at the Design of the site, I found the Amazon Pay Checkout Page in there - so it seems to have been added to the design while updating, it just either isn't uploaded or isn't invoked on the web site.

I attach a couple of screen shots to show the page.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The upgrader will add the Amazon Pay pages to your v18 site.

The issue is with the main checkout pages - if the Amazon Pay fields have not been added to those during the upgrade then there won't be any code to show the option to use Amazon Pay.

If you've got multi-site it might be worth taking a snapshot and creating a version to change to a newer theme and see if that brings in Amazon Pay.
                            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Many thanks for all your postings.

I have now tested this by switching Sellerdeck to Test Mode and then applying a different theme - Smart Responsive The Blues and uploading this test site.

The result is, as you both said, that Amazon Pay shows up and works well.

There are still a few issues though:

1. If there are digital downloads in the order and the customer chooses Amazon Pay then it seems as if the customer isn't sent a link by which they can collect their download.

The link is sent ok if they don't use Amazon Pay. It also appears on the receipt page - but it could easily be missed there and, of course, isn't permanently available

I'm not sure if this applies only to free downloads or whether it applies to all downloads; but I think it ought to be fixed..

Also, Amazon Pay rejects any orders of zero value, so a free download alone wouldn't pass through Amazon Pay; only if there is also a chargeable item in the basket as well.

The ability to pass a zero value download through Amazon Pay might help to avoid confusion.

The remaining points refer to conversion problems:

2. Some of the layouts have rather an unsatisfactory conversion - especially in the use of sidebars. This may take some time to fix.

3. Not all links specified are working - it looks as if this will have to be fixed by hand.

4 The Add To Cart button was nearly illegible as if lacked an image; but this can be corrected in Settings... Site Options,,,Single Add to Cart changed to Image Single Add To Cart.

5. The Title of brochure fragments gets displayed. Again this can be fixed manually by editing the Contents...Layout for those fragments

If I can get these conversion issues sorted out, I'll probably stay with the new theme and give the site a bit of an update.

I will report the Amazon Pay findings to Amazon as they have been fairly helpful over this and asked to be kept informed.

Like you, they suspected it was a version issue; although they did say that they hadn't been supplied with any configuration information for Sellerdeck, so they couldn't be sure..

Comment

Working...
                              X