No announcement yet.

Amazon Pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Item 1. shouldn't really exist as if there's nothing to pay Sellerdeck should just pass you straight to the receipt page.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Many thanks for your recent posting.

If a customer orders a free download and the customer chooses the usual checkout process and there is nothing to pay, Sellerdeck still captures the customer's details before the order is confirmed and then the customer is passed to the receipt page.

This can be useful for marketing purposes.

If, on the other hand, the customer chooses Amazon Pay instead, they are then logged into their Amazon account but Amazon Pay won't process anything because there is nothing to pay.

I think it might be helpful if Amazon Pay were able to process the transaction, even if there is nothing to pay - just for consistency with other payment processors' methods.

On the other point, I have been carrying out further testing and there seems to be some uncertainty about the customer not being sent a link for the downloads with Amazon Pay.

If the customer does add a chargeable item to the purchase, so there actually is something to pay, then they can use Amazon Pay; and, in this case, the email they are sent should contain a link to the free download.

However, I have run this test a couple of times now and, on one occasion, the link to the download was included in the customer's notification and, in the other, it wasn't. So, I'm not sure what's going on here.

I'll continue to investigate.

Comment

I agree that if the customers details are being captured / provided by the payment / checkout method such as amazon pay, paypal express, etc then it kind of makes sense that they are able to handle zero payments.

On the other hand, maybe it makes more sense that if there's nothing to pay then you just capture the customer details in sellerdeck and don't offer them other methods of paying / checkout as there is nothing to pay. (this could be done relatively easily in javascript on the checkout page).

At the end of the day though, it is your site so you're absolutely right to try and get it working the way you want it.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
        X