Failed Paypal Payments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed Paypal Payments

I'm using Paypal to process card payments and recently I've had a few orders without payment.

Today a customer contacted me after he was unable to pay. After entering his card details, a box came up from his bank (First Direct) presumably to get a one time code texted to him to confirm the transaction.

The problem was that it was all greyed out - he couldn't click anything there to continue with the transaction. I think that this is probably Paypal rather than Sellerdeck problem, but I wonder if anyone has experienced the same issue and found a solution.

I had this when testing the PayPal cards and it was due to a stylesheet z-index causing the box to be under another layer, unfortunately as I gave up with the PayPal Cards option I can not now remember what the class was that fixed it.
    Many Thanks
    Lee
    www.mdnsupplies.co.uk
    www.hookandloopfasteners.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Lee. It was alll working fine up to Christmas but now seems very problematic. I think I'll raise a ticket with SD to see if they can help.

Comment

I had a customer over the weekend who was trying to use his card rather than his paypal account but he said a paypal 'advert' kept coming up telling him to use his paypal account. Apparently there was no way to get past it and after 3 attempts he gave up and abandoned the order.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Hi
          We have also had a problem with PayPal with lots of failed orders over the weekend both by using fast checkout and PayPal Cards. We raised a support ticket with PayPal and they are looking into it. This started happening after they sent us a message on the 13th Jan Titled - updates to your PayPal account and all to do with 3d Secure.....

Comment

Thanks all. I raised a ticket with SD. They think that it could be to do with the z-index as Lee suggested. The z-index should be 199 but was originally set much higher which caused problems.

Gary sent this
            To resolve this, please go to 'Design | Library | Layouts' and scroll down to the group 'Theme Stylesheets' and expand it, and open the 'Core Styles' layout

Locate the following lines: -
            PayPalCustomCardFieldsStylesheet" if
            body.paymentOverlayActive > div.paymentOverlay {
            z-index: 9999999;
            background: rgba(0,0,0,0.5);
            transition: opacity 100ms;
            position: fixed;
            top: 0;
            bottom: 0;
            left: 0;
            right: 0;
            }

and change the line setting the z-index to read: -
            z-index: 199;

Unfortunately, when I checked it was set at 199, although Gary can see that site still has the higher figure. I am sending him a snapshot so he can see if there is some conflict with another stylesheet over-riding this setting.

I'll keep you updated!

Comment

No idea if the problem I had is same / similar, but when we first installed PP cards, customers couldn't fill in card details, the fields were present, but not responsive - Dean @ support fixed it and told me when ticket was closed the reason was "In simple terms, an invisible design element was sitting overtop the card fields."

The ticket was SDCS-56820
              www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by mje View Post
                No idea if the problem I had is same / similar, but when we first installed PP cards, customers couldn't fill in card details, the fields were present, but not responsive - Dean @ support fixed it and told me when ticket was closed the reason was "In simple terms, an invisible design element was sitting overtop the card fields."

The ticket was SDCS-56820
                I also had that problem when I first set it up and like you I got it sorted via a ticket and an amended snapshot. It does sound similar but a little earlier in the payment process than my current problem.

I've now sent the snapshot to Gary so hopefully he'll be able to straighten out the problem.

Comment

Working...
                X