ClearAccept - A few Notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
    SellerdeckPay by ClearAccept seems to provide an excellent solution for very small retailers, for whom monthly minimum charges and annual service charges can be hard to swallow. It's a bit like a cross between PayPal and traditional PSP+merchant account solutions. I've been trialling it for the last week and have noted the following points which may be worth sharing:
    • ...... However it's a bit ironic that the withdrawal of this feature by Creditcall/NMI in 2021 was a key reason given by Sellerdeck for recommending switching to SD Payments by Opayo.

John.
    Indeed it is, particularly now that it has been announced that Sellerdeck will be sunsetting Sellerdeck Payments by Opayo on the 31 May 2023!!

Martin
    Mantra Audio

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra View Post

Indeed it is, particularly now that it has been announced that Sellerdeck will be sunsetting Sellerdeck Payments by Opayo on the 31 May 2023!!
      I presume Sellerdeck with Credit Call is still going to be ok for the foreseeable future.
      Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

I presume Sellerdeck with Credit Call is still going to be ok for the foreseeable future.
        See the notice at the top of the knowledge-base post in the link below:
        https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...yments?t=46309

Credit Call was merged/acquired by NMI some time ago unless there has been a change since then.

Sellerdeck Payments by NMI will be sunsetting on 31 May 2023.

Regards

Martin
        Martin
        Mantra Audio

Comment

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
          Yes, VAT has been applied to fees at transaction level.

I have no idea why ClearAccept charges VAT on transaction fees which other providers treat as exempt - that's a question for ClearAccept.
          I received a feedback questionaire from ClearAccept this week and have raised the question on there for an explanation as to why VAT has to be included on transaction fees for ClearAccept when it is not administered by other Merchant Service providers.

There is a suggestion from other posts that PayPal do not administer VAT on transaction fees but I cannot be sure about this as we are not set up to use PayPal as a Payment Method.

SellerdeckPay by ClearAccept seems to be working well after the first week of use online, however, trying to reconcile 60+ transactions with Sellerdeck Payments report and bank receipts has taken quite a few hours to resolve, mainly due to ClearAccept deducting transaction fees from the transaction amounts before funding bank transfers and not debiting fees separately for accounting as a business expense, so I have raised this and other concerns on the ClearAccept feedback questionaire.

One problem I have that needs to be sorted is that there is no reference to the Sellerdeck Order Number on the ClearAccept Transaction Listing and it is an absolute pain to find this by entering each individual transaction.

Another issue is that when a refund is made it is entered against the original order transaction which I suppose is logical but it is not included on the ClearAccept Transaction Listing as a charge on the date the refund was made - that was the case for a couple of test orders I placed that were refunded 3 or 4 days later.

If others are experiencing similar problems, I suggest they are raised with Sellerdeck or on feedback directly to ClearAccept.
          Martin
          Mantra Audio

Comment

A couple of things

I asked for transactions to be paid Gross to me and then have a monthly invoice for fees. They set this up for me from the start.

I can see the SD Invoice number in the ClearAccept portal - On the Authorisations screen there is a Settings button (with a cog) on the top right. Click on it and make sure that the Merchant Transaction ID is ticked. Then save the View.
            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
            Based in rural Northants

Comment

Originally posted by Goz View Post
              A couple of things

I asked for transactions to be paid Gross to me and then have a monthly invoice for fees. They set this up for me from the start.

I can see the SD Invoice number in the ClearAccept portal - On the Authorisations screen there is a Settings button (with a cog) on the top right. Click on it and make sure that the Merchant Transaction ID is ticked. Then save the View.
              Thank you for that.

I will now try to get things changed to receive a monthly invoice for the fees - I don't think I was given an option to do this when the account was set up, others may wish to take note.

I have reset the Transaction Page views with Merchant Transaction ID and Transaction Fee (inc VAT) and can now see them clearly displayed.
              Martin
              Mantra Audio

Comment

Thank you for that also.

I sent a request to their support & risk email address...
                I got 1 reply, from support:

I will pass the request to our Risk team,
                it is not something that is applied on request it is something that is assessed by our team against your account.
                The commenter did not specify that we will have had to do these extra checks, which is misleading.

Comment

I simply requested it through Sellerdeck Support and it was actioned.
                  Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                  SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                  Based in rural Northants

Comment

I simply requested it through Sellerdeck Support and it was actioned.
                    I put my request direct to ClearAccept support and also requested an explanation as to why VAT has to be applied to transaction fees - see response below:

I will put your request for gross settlement and monthly invoicing of fees to our finance team.
                    Regarding VAT, we are a payment service provider rather than a financial institution so therefore VAT is liable on our charges.

Do PayPal include VAT on transaction fees and is PayPal a payment service provider or a financial institution?
                    Any advice on this from PayPal users would be appreciated.
                    Martin
                    Mantra Audio

Comment

There is no VAT on PayPal transaction fees. Apparently PayPal is a financial service.

When I used PayPoint as a PSP there was VAT added to their fees, but global payments as the merchant account provider didn't charge VAT on their fees other then for providing the terminal which was liable for VAT.

-----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                      X