No announcement yet.

Card payments with Apple devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This morning "standard" PayPal isn't working on my live site. When you click the PayPal button the PayPal login screen flashes briefly then the message appears: "An error has occurred while communicating with PayPal. Please try again or choose another payment method."

I will log a support ticket, but it would be useful to know if anyone else is having this problem.

A workround I've used in the past is to set up a new payment method, e.g. Payment on Account, and name it "Please email me a PayPal invoice" or similar. Then at least people can place orders, and you can send them a PayPal invoice from your PayPal account, which (hopefully) will enable them to pay by card or PayPal. It's extra work and hassle, but better than losing sales.
    John Ennals
    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

QUOTE]A reply from the sellerdeck ticket asking for me to debug and twice saying I should speak to my host..THEY ARE MY HOST.[/QUOTE]
      Apologies for the referral to your hosting, the issue should have been referred to our services manager has now been done.

The debugging is necessary to determine exactly what details are sent to and received from the PSPs. With the additional information we can better determine where the problem lies and either fix it if it is on our side or refer the problem to the PSP if it is on their side.

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
      SellerDeck.

Comment

John, I see you are not hosted with us and you are on a later version of Sellerdeck than Harrison Telescopes so this is looking like a PayPal issue rather than hosting.

It may be worth referring these issues directly to PayPal. In the meantime I will continue to analyse the problem from our side

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
        SellerDeck.

Comment

Thank you to alerting the community to this issue.

Paypal is not working for us on ipad or windows. Just goes to a window which it fails to open. Can see lots of paypal pending with users trying multiple times. Seems to be getting worse in that we had some paypal orders yesterday but that has now pretty much dried up. These multiple attempts by users I can see start at 9 on Friday 19th but last just a few hours. From the 22nd though this seems to have been a much more serious problem.

The first attempt has "An error has occurred while communicating with PayPal. Please try again or choose another payment method" and then does nothing.

Has anyone had any response from Sellerdeck on this issue?

Comment

Other merchants are now reporting PayPal issues. I suggest you report directly to PayPal and we shall also raise it with our PayPal support contacts

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
            SellerDeck.

Comment

Yes it looks like a PayPal issue but with sellerdeck as like I said yesterday this would be widely reported if the issue was with all merchants using PayPal.
              https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We've had no problems with Paypal, we are on v18.22 (we only use the normal Paypal, no cards via Paypal / installments via Paypal etc)

Just tested now:
                - When I click on the yellow Paypal Checkout button, I get the usual pop-up to login etc.

Comment

John, David would you be kind enough to let me know if yours starts to work, because I only have PayPal I have been forced to suspend ordering.

I cannot let customers get continuous errors as the odd one gets a payment through with no order in sellerdeck.

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
                    We've had no problems with Paypal, we are on v18.22 (we only use the normal Paypal, no cards via Paypal / installments via Paypal etc)
                    I found it was an intermittent problem, sometimes it would work on one device but not on another. I reckon it started around 18th July, but it's got a lot worse over the last couple of days.
                    John Ennals
                    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                      John, David would you be kind enough to let me know if yours starts to work, because I only have PayPal I have been forced to suspend ordering.
                      Will do.

I cannot let customers get continuous errors as the odd one gets a payment through with no order in sellerdeck.
                      You might want to turn off PayPal and PayPal (Cards) temporarily and try my workround (#16 above) rather than shutting up shop.
                      John Ennals
                      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

I agree with John that there was an issue going back earlier than this week, not on every paypal order but some and then really kicks in from the 22nd. Doing the debug thing and the error message is nice enough that it suggests trying a different method. Will let you know if we make any progress

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post
                          Do the Paypal failed (to pay) orders show up in the PSP-Pending tab?

Comment

Some did but others were simply in paypal only, one had no address

Comment

I found this in our messages ("4 days ago" = 20/07/24):

Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-07-24_12-41-57 - Paypal.png Views:	0 Size:	21.4 KB ID:	557331
                              [We did have a problem with card payment on Safari browsers which Support has modifed a few files to fix, so colleague thought it was related to that... but this one's "Paypal"]

I couldn't see any PSP Pending for this customer (but the customer was successful later that day)

If it's intermittent... I guess we have it too

Checking PSP Pendings:

I'm showing 3 PSP Pendings for Paypal (no unusual missing info etc)

Out of the 3: 1 never re-ordered...

but the other two:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-07-24_12-40-10 - Paypal PSP 220724.png Views:	0 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	557332
                              22/07/24 : Two entries, Date/Time exactly the same (??)

Click image for larger version  Name:	2024-07-24_12-39-46 - Paypal PSP 240724.png Views:	0 Size:	2.7 KB ID:	557333
                              24/07/24 : Two entries, Date/Time 1 minute apart - assume customer tried again (?)

Comment

I had a reassuring update from support saying they are liasing with PayPal to look for an urgent solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X