No announcement yet.

Card payments with Apple devices.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have had this going on from around 18:00 Monday / 22nd & it's still going on (16:00 / 24th), some customers seem to get success after a few attempts, some simply can't pay with PayPal. Ticket was raised at around 16:00 yesterday / 23rd.

I've had the impression over the last several months that there may be an intermittent issue with PayPal payments & that some genuine & funded customers are being shown the door for no obvious reason. The last Sellerdeck / PayPal problem that we encountered resulted in so much retrieving & passing around of logs (often without any definitive answer) that we haven't raised the issue / can't be bothered with the "piggy in the middle" situation.

Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

Comment

We have identified the cause of the problem. It appears that PayPal changed the HTTP response header 'Content-Type' to 'content-type' which meant our code did not find it and therefore could not recognise a JSON response.

PayPal have presumably been rolling out the change which would explain why the problem has snowballed over the past few days.

We have a fix which I will share as soon as we are able to confirm that it works.

Naturally, we have passed on our findings to PayPal

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
      SellerDeck.

Comment

Thank you for the update, much appreciated.

Ed
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

We have posted a Knowledge Base article describing how to fix this PayPal issue, Customers unable to pay with PayPal Account or PayPal Cards

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
          SellerDeck.

Comment

Brilliant news

Comment

That seems to have worked for me. Made the changes to the .pm file as stated in the knowledgebase and uploaded. First paypal order for 28 hours has now come in.

Comment

To date, we have not had this issue, (order paid for with PP this afternoon) so do I get the fix applied or just leave it as it is for now ?
                www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

mje, the fix won't do any harm and it will avoid any lost payments if the problem were to begin to affect your site

Gordon Camley

3rd Line Support
                  SellerDeck.

Comment

Fix applied and PayPal now working - thank you Sellerdeck for sorting this out so promptly.
                    John Ennals
                    www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

So pleased to see it working now, I'm embarrassed to say I can't do the fix, searching for the first part in my actinic pm file I couldn't find it.

I have asked support for help.

Ed

Comment

Hi Ed,

This bit from the knowledge base article might apply to you. It did for me on 18.0.6

"There are 2 edits to be performed, the first may not be required in your version of Sellerdeck Desktop."

If you can't find the first bit for editing, just move on and do the second edit.
                        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike as usual Jonathan Chappell came to the rescue

Comment

Originally posted by gcamley View Post
                            We have posted a Knowledge Base article describing how to fix this PayPal issue, Customers unable to pay with PayPal Account or PayPal Cards
                            We raised this with PayPal and they have rolled back the change that broke our scripts. This means that your site will start taking PayPal payments again without the script modifications. We've confirmed this with some sites.

HOWEVER: PayPal may re-make the change at any time in the future as it's part of the upgrade to compatibility with HTTP/2. Therefore it's highly recommended that you make the change in your scripts anyway. We'll be including it in the forthcoming 18.2.4, due out in a month or so.
                            Hugh Gibson
                            CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Originally posted by John Ennals View Post
                              Fix applied and PayPal now working - thank you Sellerdeck for sorting this out so promptly.
                              John, I'm so impressed with your payment page in the checkout, is that standard in 18.22?
                              the confirm order button is exactly where it should be, mine is dreadful.

Comment

Originally posted by EdHarrison View Post

I'm so impressed with your payment page in the checkout
                                Why, thank you! I actually did quite a lot of modifications to the standard checkout page layouts to make them look nicer. This should really be in a different thread, but briefly:

Looking at your payment page, the Back/Cancel/Confirm buttons at the bottom seem OK, but you have a duplicate set at the top of the page which personally I'd get rid of.

Your payment methods could also do with a bit of vertical spacing between them. I changed Line 8 in "Payment Method Selection RWD" layout to:
                                Code:
                                <div class="payment-method"><span style="line-height:2.2;">PaymentMethodOptions></span></div>

Be sure to make a copy of the layout before making changes. I also increased the gap between the radio buttons and their labels by adding this to the bottom of the Swift stylesheet:
                                Code:
                                input[type=radio]{
                                margin-right:10px;
                                }
                                John Ennals
                                www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X