X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laura
    replied
    Rob,

I am using and planning to use a variety of mechanisms for marketing including,

google ad-words/ppc, e-mail shots, physical mail shots, posters in locations around me, friends and colleagues.

If you have suggestions on how best to market the site I would be very greatful!!!

Thanks

Laura

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    Kate, thanks for the encouragement - hope you found something nice to buy .

I wish you every success with your venture also.

Laura

Leave a comment:

• Kate (newbie)
    replied
    Can't offer much in the way of advice (I'm new aswell) - just to say it really is a beautiful site. Found myself shopping on it instead of criticising it !

Leave a comment:

• parklifeclothes
    replied
    Originally posted by laura View Post
    But running my own photoshoot is beyond my means at this stage. for the time being I will be using the manufacturers photos and material. what you are currently seeing is how they portray their product lines.
    Well in that case you will be better using the manufacturers images as they will have the right set up, there are some absolute hideous images on some lingerie websites that do nothing for the item, in fact will make certain no one would buy them

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    guys, thanks for the input. But running my own photoshoot is beyond my means at this stage. models and photographers charge a fortune - celebrity models even more.

for the time being I will be using the manufacturers photos and material. what you are currently seeing is how they portray their product lines.

thanks,

Laura

Leave a comment:

• parklifeclothes
    replied
    Originally posted by Decswitch View Post
    Sure there was a comment about not wanting to see the slightest hint of love handles. Why?!?
    What I meant was people don't want to see a size 14 model squeezed into a size 10's lingerie just because that is the only model you can get hold of for the photo shoot.
    So many companies in your sector get it so wrong with the underwear looking appalling as they have made do, when if you get the right model/setting/lighting the same underwear looks a million dollars and that is what sells. Take a good look at your competitors, big and small and look at it from the buyers angle.

Leave a comment:

• Decswitch
    replied
    The site design looks really good Laura. All you are missing is product content but once you get that added in you will have a really good site. And get the type of models representative of the people buying your stuff as well. Sure there was a comment about not wanting to see the slightest hint of love handles. Why?!? There is a big difference between big and sexy and just being overweight. Represent your customers and they will buy. You get Nigella doing a photoshoot for you and you'd make a million! Be a bit different instead of falling in line with every other site.

If I was nit-picking I'd say you should change your logo from a GIF to a JPG to avoid the slight pixelation you get around the edges with a transparent GIF.

Good luck with it. Let us know how the sales go.

What are you doing with regards to marketing?

Regards, Rob.

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    your input helps

Thanks to all for their input, advice and help.

I have stared at the pages for so long that it had become impossible for me to see even simple typos. My eyes were just brushing over them.

Anyway, I have fixed all the errors people spotted and we have got the small images in place so the site is much faster.

Now all I need are visitors and sales

Surely that will be the easy bit after all the hard development work? (Only joking - I know that up until now was the easy bit and now is when the real work starts.)

Laura

Leave a comment:

• Darren B
    replied
    Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
    only because you were too busy eying up the 'candy' to comment!
    Possible

Leave a comment:

• TraceyHand
    replied
    Originally posted by Darren B View Post
    Not me i stayed out of it
    only because you were too busy eying up the 'candy' to comment!

Leave a comment:

• Darren B
    replied
    Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
    good grief, you blokes are like kids in a candy store
    Not me i stayed out of it

Leave a comment:

• TraceyHand
    replied
    good grief, you blokes are like kids in a candy store

One thing, Laura

Your 'Fitting Guide' bit has a typo advice spelt adivce

Leave a comment:

• vistamaster
    replied
    Originally posted by leehack View Post
    She has the key to a door i'd like opened.
    Don't forget to close them behind you once you are in...!

Leave a comment:

• leehack
    replied
    Originally posted by vistamaster View Post
    lmao

You seem very helpful to Laura...
    She has the key to a door i'd like opened.

Leave a comment:

• vistamaster
    replied
    Originally posted by leehack View Post
    I have a new camera and am more than happy to help take the new pictures if you like.
    lmao

You seem very helpful to Laura...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X