Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bamboo
    replied
    this will be known as a boyfriend scale.
    In my experience this scale extends to many a husband!

Leave a comment:

• leehack
    replied
    Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
    I'm sure you'd find plenty of forum volunteers
    I'll gladly pay, forget volunteering, i'd love the photographic experience an opportunity like this would provide.

Leave a comment:

• gabrielcrowe
    replied
    or even better, have a bonus for the most disfunctional, racy, kinky things to buy, and rate products on that.

this will be known as a boyfriend scale.

Leave a comment:

• bamboo
    replied
    If she was selling lingerie to men rather than women it would be dead easy for her because all men are interested in is how easy it is to undo

She could introduce a sliding 'skill level scale' for even the most useless fumbler could 'grasp'!

Leave a comment:

• TraceyHand
    replied
    Originally posted by bamboo View Post

Just imagine spending an afternoon going through online lingerie shops is there anything more onerous .
    I'm sure you'd find plenty of forum volunteers

Leave a comment:

• bamboo
    replied
    I'm going to design something completely different that will hopefully encourage customers to buy from me.
    Hoping is no way to succeed. Go to every competitors site listed in this thread as a buyer and write down their calls to action, their sales path from site entry to checkout, their upsells, their cross sells and finally but most importantly their language and you will end up with an accurate idea of the type of customer they are chasing.

If you find one of them is actually chasing a different type of customer to the rest you have struck gold because you can then ignore the rest and concentrate on beating this one company.

Just imagine spending an afternoon going through online lingerie shops is there anything more onerous .

Leave a comment:

• laura
    replied
    Hey Everyone,

Wanted to say thanks so much for your advice. I have looked at the links you've suggested and its made me see how much my homepage is missing the "WOW" factor.

I'm going to design something completely different that will hopefully encourage customers to buy from me.

Your right it's a competitive market and I need to stand out!!!!

All your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Laura

Leave a comment:

• gabrielcrowe
    replied
    example of a good reason to buy: http://www.play.com/
    'free delivery on everything' - animated

Leave a comment:

• leehack
    replied
    Originally posted by guccij View Post
    When you become a fully paid up member of the Jules family, then maybe
    I'll have a 3 month subscription to trial it out please.

Leave a comment:

• gabrielcrowe
    replied
    I think the front page needs some work.

I'd suggest a re-think of what's going on.

"An embrace of lingerie and swimwear for D+ Ladies" To me, does not convey a message that screams "You cannot be without underpants! BUY ME NOW". You need something a little less sterile and a little more fun. It says: "I'm comfortable with the pants I've got and i don't need any more."

There is no obvious call to action, and the images look a little stagnant.

You need a set of actions that the customer can take:
    - Go to an offer
    - Go to a product directly.
    - Go to a section of fun things
    - Add an item to the basket
    - See some more pretty girls.

I give 3 examples from a google search:
    - http://www.agentprovocateur.com/
    - http://www.lasenza.co.uk/
    - http://www.lingerieexpress.co.uk/

All 3 pages have definate callouts:
    'New Collection'
    'Gift Suggestions'
    'Glam 40% off'
    'robes from £18'
    'buy 1 get 1 free'
    '5 for £10'

I feel, you probably need something like this. Your competitors are a rough crowd, and it'll take some convincing to buy from you, when they have pink pink girlyness splattered all over their pages.

You need a definate reason to click on something, and i cant see that on your front page.

15% OFF MARKED PRICES!!

* - 2 Day Mid Week Sale - 15% OFF Marked Prices!! 26th & 27th Nov.
    * - Free UK Delivery / Free UK Returns
    * - Your 15% Discount will be Automatically Deducted when you add item/s to the Shopping Bag.
    on your front page needs a button below it that says: "Shop Now!" and goes to acatalog/. Thats a good start.

http://www.lembrassa.com/acatalog/

then clean up this page so that each section has better images, and some snazzy text based reason to purchase.

additionally, the font used for your logo, should really not be the one used in shop headings, its VERY hard to read.

overall, pretty girls, interesting design, lacking in reasons to buy.

Leave a comment:

• guccij
    replied
    Originally posted by leehack View Post
    Jules if you need an outsider's viewpoint
    When you become a fully paid up member of the Jules family, then maybe

PS I award myself a goatpoint

Leave a comment:

• leehack
    replied
    Jules if you need an outsider's viewpoint on colours that are not white or black, i'd be happy to help out. Not in the smog though, only in the mountains with the goats.

Leave a comment:

• guccij
    replied
    Originally posted by bamboo View Post
    When you are shopping for lingerie of the kind Laura is selling what matters most fit, look or feel?
    • Fabric - must be "cotton rich" at the very least.
    • The fit - but buying off the internet is very hit and miss and almost always involves guesswork on my part from the description.
    • Then colour - since no-one apart from me and my family will see my underwear and they (appear to) love me whatever I wear, I see no point in anything other than white or black.

Leave a comment:

• bamboo
    replied
    Laura a question
    I am a busty lady who struggles to find beautiful well fitting lingerie. Lots of sites promise to solve my problem but none do.
    How does your site answer my question?

Answer
    Currently it doesn't. It just presents me with a huge graphic of an ideal figure, which I am not and never likely to be, and these truly meaningless words
    An embrace of lingerie and swimwear for D+ Ladies
    As you may have gathered I am not even a lady but seriously if you can answer this question that is in the mind of your suspect (prospective customer) within seconds of them landing on your page I know you would not only gain a lifetime customer but likely a whole raft of likely customers as the original suspect will have a lot of friends who 'suffer' the same problems.
    Just trawl the 'big boys' like Figleaf & Victorias Secret to see how they try to answer it and come up with a better answer!

Here's a question for all the ladies on here who may be able to help Laura

When you are shopping for lingerie of the kind Laura is selling what matters most fit, look or feel?

Leave a comment:

• Decswitch
    replied
    Hi Laura,

For email shots and newsletters Groupmail is good software. There is a free version (I think it's limited to sending 100 emails at a time). Trouble with newspletters is that people expect them every month which can become a real bind. I learnt this at the last place I worked for as they had nothing new to say or sell so it was really hard creating new content.

One of the best ways of marketing your site is to get an article in newspapers and magazines even if it is the local rag. We are trying this at the moment but I'm expecting a lot of them will want a fee to run a story.

Rob.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X