• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

example of a good reason to buy: http://www.play.com/
    'free delivery on everything' - animated

Comment

Hey Everyone,

Wanted to say thanks so much for your advice. I have looked at the links you've suggested and its made me see how much my homepage is missing the "WOW" factor.

I'm going to design something completely different that will hopefully encourage customers to buy from me.

Your right it's a competitive market and I need to stand out!!!!

All your advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Laura
      http://www.lembrassa.com
      Designs for the Fuller Bust

Comment

I'm going to design something completely different that will hopefully encourage customers to buy from me.
        Hoping is no way to succeed. Go to every competitors site listed in this thread as a buyer and write down their calls to action, their sales path from site entry to checkout, their upsells, their cross sells and finally but most importantly their language and you will end up with an accurate idea of the type of customer they are chasing.

If you find one of them is actually chasing a different type of customer to the rest you have struck gold because you can then ignore the rest and concentrate on beating this one company.

Just imagine spending an afternoon going through online lingerie shops is there anything more onerous .

Comment

Originally posted by bamboo View Post

Just imagine spending an afternoon going through online lingerie shops is there anything more onerous .
          I'm sure you'd find plenty of forum volunteers
          Tracey

Comment

If she was selling lingerie to men rather than women it would be dead easy for her because all men are interested in is how easy it is to undo

She could introduce a sliding 'skill level scale' for even the most useless fumbler could 'grasp'!

Comment

or even better, have a bonus for the most disfunctional, racy, kinky things to buy, and rate products on that.

this will be known as a boyfriend scale.

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyHand View Post
                I'm sure you'd find plenty of forum volunteers
                I'll gladly pay, forget volunteering, i'd love the photographic experience an opportunity like this would provide.

Comment

this will be known as a boyfriend scale.
                  In my experience this scale extends to many a husband!

Comment

Working...
                  X