Site Review, especially product layouts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by leehack View Post
    There's some weird dotted lines on the bottom edge of the section link layouts - http://www.pinkequine.com/acatalog/Juniors_Home.html - maybe linked to the list layout or some incorrect coding possibly, well worth checking out and sorting.
    I Think the dots are something to do with the original layouts, probably brought out because I changed the images to boxes or something. There are other dots between the fragments also on other pages I dont like either, so its on my to do list.
    Okay, I pulled the pin. Now what?... Wait!...Where are you going?

Comment

I'd look in the list layout first if i were investigating, if it was a section link layout issue it should prevail on all uses of that layout which it doesn't seem to be doing.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkequine View Post
        <sigh>
        That's better

I'm With Pinbrook - good story and a good effort in paying attention and moving with the market.
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Thanks Lee, I'll look at that.

Sean.. thanks, and glad the pink was a welcome relief

Comment

Is this better?

http://www.pinkequine.com/acatalog/Junior_Reins.html

Havent done all the layouts yet, but have tidied it up, kept the info above the fold, made the main page header smaller and not been too shy with my add to cart button.

Comment

Just one observation, i notice the page was slow to load, upon inspection this was caused by the thwate logo. You might be better to move this code to the bottom of the page. Any code that calls on info from another server could impact on page loading performance, its always best to keep this code at the bottom of your page.

This is all MHO

Comment

oh I never realised that.. thanks..

Comment

I'm impressed that you've solved a problem I've been pondering for some time: how to cater to different 'levels' of customer.

Very picky point: the footer on the index page is a bit strange:
                  Pink Equine © 2007 powered by actinic equestrian | horse tack | dressage |show jumping Pink Equine horse tack for dressage show jumping and other equestrian disciplines home
                  "powered by actinic equestrian"

Comment

oh yes, I never even noticed that! Well spotted. Regards catering for the different customers, do you mean age/types or the fact that we have a members area on different price brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by pinkequine View Post
                      oh yes, I never even noticed that! Well spotted. Regards catering for the different customers, do you mean age/types or the fact that we have a members area on different price brackets.
                      It was the Junior/Leisure/Pro split I liked.

Comment

Thanks

Yes this was a problem we pondered for ages, it even made us really cautious with the colour schemes on the website just so we didnt alienate anyone.

We're much happier now with the feel of the website.

Comment

Working...
                        X