X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
    Hey Darren,
    Not MIA - just very busy recently!

This javascript shipping method in the above example was not written directly by teclan, however we have the in-house skills to develop this, and other javascript based add-ons to Actinic.

To reiterate, in this example, all that is actually happening is that a shipping method pre-defined in Actinic (i.e. that would otherwise appear in a drop down) is being dynamically chosen and selected based on the postcode that the person enters.

There is a basic javascript array of postcodes with their respective delivery class/charge which is used to control which postcode selects which method.

It could be adapted to a degree to be shopping cart value/amount dependant, as well as post codes, however what you are after Paul would be more complex than that I would imagine after my initial reading of your requirements.

Has this been rolled out
    as we need something like this, because when we start using AP, the shipping is not going to be right as IV and BT etc postcodes are charged higher shipping costs, due the carrier charging more

AND sometimes the customers try it on and select the wrong shipping option from the dropdown box in the hope to get it cheaper, this then requires us to phone the customer and seek a resoultion

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
      what you are after Paul would be more complex than that I would imagine after my initial reading of your requirements.
      I'm sure I could cope with the basic concept, now we need somebody to write it please!

There's at least three of us to share the setup cost - and more would pay once it was up and running.

I wonder what happened to Kermy?
      Paul
      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

so has this js been written yet? i'm interested in the price

Comment

Originally posted by vistamaster View Post
          so has this js been written yet? i'm interested in the price
          22nd January 2009? Not that I'm aware, still hoping.

That's four of us, 25% each.

What I would say, though, is that as you get busier you learn not to worry about the specific costs, look at business as country-wide, and absorb the anomalies.

We had a thorough look and analysis at our costs eighteen months ago - made a few adjustments - now our carriage charged out more than covers our costs incurred. And that includes the orders that we sent 'carriage free'.
          Paul
          Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Shippers ALL use Post Codes ton charge me...

I would love to have shipping by Post Code from the Customers address entry.
            I cannot understand why this was not included hyears ago as both my shippers (In Interlink for items up to 30Kgs and Pallets up to 500Kgs) always use post Code to determine their charges to us.

If it could be linked to Product Types or Groups too so much the better. I ship cast Iron stoves on pallets - anything from 50Kgs to 500Kgs - and smaller items in boxes aty 1-30Kgs. (weight by line iline item for packages and per 1 or 2 stoves on each pallet)

Any updates on this, please?

Cheers
            Ian Henley

Comment

im guessing that as fergus has not come back here that this has never happened or not likely to happen

Comment

Unfortunately, even with a potential market for this, it is not something that we've committed to developing for V10, as yet.
                In V9 and earlier, with the different checkout process, we had implemented a simplistic version of a postcode checker which simply selected the required shipping drop down option in the background. as described in my earlier post.
                This isn't practical in V10 as shipping options appear after the page with the postcode entry on it.
                There may be a way to retrieve the postcode from the session file and then use this to determine the shipping option to select on the second page, however this is not currently something we are looking at developing at present. Sorry.
                Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

I too would love to have shipping by postcode (in v10). My client asked for it ages ago and has just asked again. Please add me to the list of interested parties! Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to try and develop it myself.

Comment

Originally posted by rmhatchett View Post
                    Please add me to the list of interested parties! Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to try and develop it myself.
                    As above.

I also have clients who are interested in this. Surely ther's someone who could give it a punt! Or better still if Actinic did it for us.
                    -----------------------------
                    www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

I second that,
                      I think most people would want this.
                      Please Actinic can you add this in the next beta????

Neil

Comment

Add me to list!!

I only really need the first part postcode.

Elliott
                        Elliott - Weybridge Lights

www.weybridgelights.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                        X