Upgrade Shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Shipping

Hi, just wondering if anyone has a solution to this issue or could point me in the right direction...

We offered free 5-day delivery on all items with the option to upgrade delivery times to 48-hours (£3.95) or 24-hours (£6.95). I cannot see how to set this up on Actinic v10.

Ideally, I'd like an option in the Shipping & Handling field during checkout to simply select one of the three options that will update the cart without bouncing the customer out of the checkout procedure (I currently have the additional options as products to purchase and a link to those products in the Shipping & Handling field).

Any suggestions, guys?

Thanks

Best thing is to have a read of the inbuilt help on shipping, it's a really simple task what you want to do, you will do it in business settings > shipping. You just need to add a new class for each type of service, read up on classes first to understand them, then you right click and add a new one or add an existing one.

Comment

Thanks Lee,

I've trawled through the Shipping options and the user manual and I seem to be missing the "Shipping Phase" layout from checkout Page 1 (I think).

I've inherited this site so I have no idea where it is or why it's missing, haha.

I'll keep poking it and see what happens

Comment

You should not need to touch the checkout layouts, steer well clear of those, settings > business settings > shipping is the only place you need to go.

Comment

Thanks again Lee.

I had to abandon this in favour of some more pressing fixes that needed doing but now I've come back to it.

In the Shipping & Handling bit of Business Settings there are already classes set up for the various shipping fees based on the value of the cart;

Free Shipping | Upto £39.99 | £0.00
          Upgrade to 48-Hour | Upto £39.99 | £3.95
          Upgrade to 24-Hour | Upto £39.99 | £6.95

48-Hour Shipping | Upto £99.99 | £0.00
          Upgrade to 24-Hour | Upto £99.99 | £3.95

All of which seems to be OK and within the scope of Actinic. What seems to be missing is the option to change the shipping. On test purchases, regardless of amount, shipping is always free. At no point in the checkout process am I given the option to upgrade my shipping. Apparently this option was available before I inherited the site but was removed by my predecessor and I have no idea what he has removed - I think he's removed something like the MOTOShippingArea as this appears to give the appearance of the functionality I need.

Any help is massively appreciated

Comment

Thanks for your help - I think I've figured it out now. Shows what a little poking around can achieve! Haha

Comment

Working...
            X