X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• zgap111
    replied
    Originally posted by guccij View Post
    Am getting an error on trying to print the new EU packing list: ODBC error: system resource exceeded.
    I haven't encountered this error...

This did happen though... all sites updated fine except one... and it had 1 of the 3 new variables added (2 missing were the CoO and EORI)...
    so followed the instructions for v14 to manually create them... - I notice for the CoO part, the image on the instructions does not show the Top Level Value as "United Kingdom" instructed in step 22 in the text... but I don't think this was absolutely neccessary

added:
    Ok the update was not completely flawless on all sites now...

The 1 site that only had 1 variable added (TradeTariffCode) - the Initial Value was blank... so changed to "Use Parent ()"...
    Checking the other sites... they all have that field blank... so all products on all sites has that field as blank...

Is there a way to force an update to the products on change of variable setting?
    - otherwise, use parent was a good idea... but doesn't work... I have to manually enter/change that field.

If someone frequently uses the sellerdeck import/export feature... can you advise your steps... I feel that I avoid using those functions because I had problems in the past... this might the the quicker way to update 1,000's of items...

added:
    So I thought of delete and re-add the TradeTariffCode...
    Cannot find how to delete, so just renamed accordingly, unticked the place of settings so it doesn't show up.
    Re-created, and works.

Temporary all items on one tariff code is working.

Note:
    The field for the Tariff code on both the EU reports are clearly was spaced for 6 digits... so that will need adjusting...

Weights... we sell with qty by weight... but Sellerdeck only uses whole numbers... so we add an adjustment to account for the difference... however... with the EU docs... the weight column/total weight that shows are not correct... can Sellerdeck add weight for the adjustment function?

Leave a comment:

• zgap111
    replied
    I did not know of SD-8338... that's disturbing... I thought the customer was returned back to the site and has to select a shipping method...

Ultimately, when we leave with no deal, I assume : Business Settings > Tax > Select EU Tax Zone > Edit > Empty out the "zone members"

07/01/21 : edit : we did not empty out the zone members... kept them in, and created a new VAT code called "EU VAT (0%)" and assgined it to the EU members zone.

Leave a comment:

• Air-Tech
    replied
    We had decided to prevent incoming EU orders from our pre-Christmas closure date until our return to work in January so that we don't have any orders outstanding that have invalid VAT details - this appeared to be easy enough & I though it could be done simply by removing the relevant shipping services over the period, but (isn't there always);

PayPal Express transactions will allow an order to complete when no shipping service is available (SD-8338), so I'm figuring that the above method won't work if Express is used as the payment method. Next thought was that the contries involved would have to be temporarily tweaked in tax settings, but I haven't had the head space to figure or test if this will work as expected with Express - don't suppose anyone know or if there is an alternative work around?

Leave a comment:

• guccij
    replied
    So I've found lots of posts including a recent knowledge base article on this error. I have tried all the fixes and none of them works. My other packing lists print perfectly well, I have compacted and repaired the database and the site is functioning completely normally. What have I missed?

Leave a comment:

• guccij
    replied
    Am getting an error on trying to print the new EU packing list: ODBC error: system resource exceeded.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Barling
    replied
    Originally posted by Mantra
    Does the new EU invoice *.rpt allow for an 8 digit HS code to print on one line?
    The knowledge base example shows only 6 digit HS codes.
    Martin
    Mantra Audio
    Yes, we didn't limit the field to 6 digits so you can add more digits to include the additional digits for the HTS Code.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Barling
    replied
    Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
    I haven't installed (as we're still on v18.02)... is the new EU invoice a separate *.rpt file?
    Yes it is.

Thanks Josh

Leave a comment:

• zgap111
    replied
    I haven't installed (as we're still on v18.02)... is the new EU invoice a separate *.rpt file?

Leave a comment:

• Josh Barling
    replied
    Hi All, the patches are now available here - https://community.sellerdeck.com/for...-patch-release

Thanks, Josh

Leave a comment:

• Mantra
    replied
    May need to close off sales to EU .... - see blog link(s) below:
    https://www.avalara.com/vatlive/en/v...dec-20200.html

Leave a comment:

• Mantra
    replied
    I think so too!
    Royal Mail latest recommended posting dates to EU countries for Christmas Delivery 2020:
    11 December - Greece & Eastern Europe (except Czech Republic, Poland and Slovakia)
    12 December - Czech Republic, Finland, Italy, Poland, Sweden
    16 December - Austria, Denmark, Germany, Iceland, Netherlands, Portugal, Slovakia, Spain
    18 December - Belgium, France, Ireland, Luxembourg

Leave a comment:

• zgap111
    replied
    Then there's goods in transit... We may just have to close off sales to EU earlier to avoid problems.

Leave a comment:

• Mantra
    replied
    It may be worth considering posting a temporary message banner like the COVID one reworded to advise EU customers to order before you close or to advise EU customers not to place orders when you are closed to avoid delays.
    This should reduce the number of orders to manually zero the VAT.
    Even if there is a deal, VAT may still be zero rated for supplies to EU member states if the UK is no longer a party to the EU single market VAT area!

Leave a comment:

• zgap111
    replied
    We are closed during Christmas... so we will possibly have some orders that are to EU with VAT on, but will be sending after 1st Jan... so if there's no deal we'll have to manually zero the VAT on those...

However, today's announcement of "Landing Zones" and a date of "28th December 2020" = 3 days... The uncertainty of it all.

If there's a way to disable all sales to the EU might help?
    - I could in theory make all shipping services to EU = offline only... then it's not possible to checkout for EU destinations.

Leave a comment:

• Josh Barling
    replied
    No worries Martin,

There is a lot of uncertainty, but we will be recommending that you prepare a plan ready for implementation on 1st Jan 2021 - we will be providing more practical information although we always recommend you carry out your own research.

Thanks, Josh.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X