No announcement yet.

Merge Request error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

William. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you so much for your assistance and sorting it out last night for me. I did as you suggested and its now working. Would it be possible if you could give me details as to how you un-assigned WSC from the domin. I remember doing the same with my live site about 10 months ago and don't want to run in to the same problem.

For those of you who are interested, the problem was WebSite Creater within the 1&1 Control Panel which I had used to set up a test page. Not to sure how this prevented Actinic from uploading, hopefully William will be able to shed some light on this.

Thanks again William.

Comment

Mark, the WSC problem, from what I could see during my brief look around, was that it was redirecting your traffic to a different (seemingly non-existant) destination. After I clicked the Domain name, I clicked WSC and then Assign WSC. This allowed me to select Un-assign WSC from a dropdown list of actions. I then had to go to the Domain and select Destination | Existing Directory | and / for the root. (It was pointing to WSC followed by a bunch of digits).

The site had uploaded because it was following the FTP paths, but the site could not work because the redirect was asking the WSC location to supply the pages - it could not because the pages were in acatalog and cgi-bin, not in the WSC location.

I hope that makes sense to you when you read it, can't think of a clearer way to express it.
      Bill
      www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
      Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
      BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
      Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
      VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
      Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Working...
      X