network setup on ssl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

network setup on ssl

Hi guys Im struggling with setting up my demo catalogue on a SSL. Ive no doubt this will be simple for most of you, but at present Ive been scratching my head for a week or so now, and had no respomse from actinic help. (Maybe because its a demo version?)
    Both the HTML and SSL files will be on the same site, but I get the feeling its redirecting it to the basic url ( www.simoniteshopfittings.co.uk) I wonder if anyone can help me get this working?? I've tried my hosting company ( webstrike) and they been helpful but say the The https section of the catalog is https://linux9.nshosts.com/simonites...ings/acatalog/ and not
    https://simoniteshopfittings.co.uk/acatalog/. but it wont allow me to do this.
    I'm using 6.1 and have included a txt file of settings and one of the errors generated,
    many thanks in advance ...
    glenn
    Attached Files

Hi, since nobody has answered you yet I thought I'd give you some ideas to try. My settings are for a windows virtual server, but they might help.

For Catalog URL & CGI-BIN URL: I have http://WWW . I think this might be required.

Path to the CGI-BIN Directory: ./html/cgi-bin/
    (Not sure how it would be on yours - html is the way my ISP setup my root)

Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the acatalog Directory:
    ./acatalog/ (you have two periods)

*** Secure Server Settings ***

Again I used (www) - ie. https://www....

Path from the CGI-BIN Directory to the acatalog Directory:
    ../html/acatalog/ (this points to the bin in the non-secure part above)

Path to the CGI-BIN: ./secure_html/cgi-bin/
    (Are you pointing to the secure cgi-bin?)

The last part (URL) I'm not sure about. I assume that it is correct.

Good luck

Comment

nearly ..

First, many thanks procheck .. to be honest i had expected more replies, especially as everyone needs to configure their shop at some point. Though your setting wern't right for me they have help me progress a way.
      I can now view the login page and start shopping, however when i get to buying an item and move to the checkout I lose it again!
      Frustratiing really, especially since actinic expect you to pay hundreds of pounds for a product they wont support .. demo or not if the supports not there neither will be my money! and i cant sell a product to a customer that wont work!
      The strange thing is everything uploads withpout a problem!
      So if anyone has any idea's I'd be grateful, I've again included the txt file with my current settings, in the hope of someone solving my problem or at least giving m an insight into the cause ..
      many thanks ..
      glenn
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi there

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties.

Support from Actinic is available from a variety of places. This community is for forum members to to help each other, but if you want direct support from Actinic then you can register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm The support team normally get back to people the same day.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
          Hi there

Sorry to hear you are having difficulties.

Support from Actinic is available from a variety of places. This community is for forum members to to help each other, but if you want direct support from Actinic then you can register an email support question at http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm The support team normally get back to people the same day.
          many thanks, I did contact Actinic over a week ago and just got a response a day or so ago actually, but still no joy as such. At this point I can test and ps the network setting without a problem but the cart doesnt work online.
          With regard to this comunity I did expect a little more support to be honest, but i guess people are either to busy or they simply dont know. Thats not meant to be detrimental in the way it sounds though, just a comment really.
          As I mentioned previously everyone has to set there own system up somewhere along the line so I would have thought more people would have come across this problem.
          but there you go .. If I dont sort it by the new year I'l look for an alternative package, its all experience as they say!
          merry christmas to everyone ..
          glenn

Comment

Hi,

I think we need to get it confirmed by your hosting company that they have the server set up in the correct way for Actinic to work with SSL. Can you please ask them to take a look at the 'Correct SSL Setup of Actinic in Both HTTP and HTTPS' document at www.actinic.co.uk/hosting.

At the moment I am not able to even view your site under http to take a look at what is happening. I am getting 'forbidden' errors.

I have looked at the text file of your settings that you have posted and would ask you to make the following change the 'Path from CGI-BIN to ACATALOG folder (as viewed by the FTP server) to '../acatalog/'.

The rest of the settings depend on how the server is configured for SSL and I could not make a guess without knowing what that is. If you have already sent through your network settings (including passwords) to us, can you let me know what the ticket number is that you were given so I can follow up on them for you.

I'm sorry that you feel that you haven't had the help that you should have but over this busy period it is probably difficult for other Actinic users to have the time to help out on the community.
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG
              Hi,

I think we need to get it confirmed by your hosting company that they have the server set up in the correct way for Actinic to work with SSL. Can you please ask them to take a look at the 'Correct SSL Setup of Actinic in Both HTTP and HTTPS' document at www.actinic.co.uk/hosting.

At the moment I am not able to even view your site under http to take a look at what is happening. I am getting 'forbidden' errors.

I have looked at the text file of your settings that you have posted and would ask you to make the following change the 'Path from CGI-BIN to ACATALOG folder (as viewed by the FTP server) to '../acatalog/'.

The rest of the settings depend on how the server is configured for SSL and I could not make a guess without knowing what that is. If you have already sent through your network settings (including passwords) to us, can you let me know what the ticket number is that you were given so I can follow up on them for you.

I'm sorry that you feel that you haven't had the help that you should have but over this busy period it is probably difficult for other Actinic users to have the time to help out on the community.
              Hi Tracey, many thanks for your message, I wasnt being down on you guys, just a little dissapointed that a it took so long to get any sort of response, ( a week) and b. a little dissapointed from the lack of response on here to be honest. That said Ive been working on it over the last few days ( which is why you may not have been able to access it at times ..) and have gotten further.
              The network settings test ok ( except for the email - where would i enter username /pasword for that?) and it upload with out any errors. All seems to be working as it should except when I have bought items and go to the 'checkout' or view the cart. I get a ' General Script Error Occurred Error: Error opening ../acatalog/82Z38Z169Z230A1135781186B24835.session (Permission denied) Ive checked the perissions on the directories and theyre both 755 (acatalog was 777 but i changed it back ..) any ideas where i might be going wrong?? I feel I am quite close now, just the last bit ( hopefully! lol)
              The ticket number you asked for is support ticket no. 66954
              many thanks
              glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn,

The network settings test ok ( except for the email - where would i enter username /pasword for that?)
                You say on your first post that you are testing v6.1, I'm afraid that SMTP authentication was not introduced until v7 so to be honest you would be better trialling the latest version, however, you could try 'localhost' to see if that works for you as the SMTP server address.

Ive checked the perissions on the directories and theyre both 755 (acatalog was 777 but i changed it back ..)
                The acatalog folder has to be 777 so you should change this option.

If it is ok by you can I get the network settings from my colleague who is dealing with this and run some tests on the server.
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Hi,

General Script Error Occurred Error: Error opening ../acatalog/82Z38Z169Z230A1135781186B24835.session (Permission denied)
                  This error usually occurs when the secure scripts run as a different user from the non-secure scripts. This means that the files created by the non-secure server (e.g. session files) cannot be modified by the secure server. To get round this you could try the following:

- In Advanced | Custom Properties, create 2 text CUSTOMVAR's: ACT_CART_PERMISSIONS_LOCK and ACT_CART_PERMISSIONS_UNLOCK.

- In Design | Options | Site Defaults, add the 2 CUSTOMVAR's to the Properties list. Set the value for ACT_CART_PERMISSIONS_LOCK to '0222' and ACT_CART_PERMISSIONS_UNLOCK to '0666'.

- For both CUSTOMVAR's, untick 'Searchable' and 'File Name', tick 'Use as CUSTOMVAR'.

- Update the site.

- FTP to the site and change the permissions on the session files to 0222.

- Place test order to check changes are working.
                  Tracey
                  SellerDeck

Comment

session files?

Hi Tracey, many thnaks for the reply and you taking the time to help.
                    Sorry I've not responded sooner but Ive been off ill I'm afraid. I've done everything you said except for the session files, to be honest I'm not completely sure which ones youre refering to. I's it all the files in the acatalog folder that needs altering ?
                    Many thanks once again
                    glenn

Comment

Added Custom Properties - Error Still Occurring

Hi Tracey

I've added the custom properties as you've described and reset the permissions on existing session files but am still getting the above error message.

I deleted all the exsiting session files and placed a new order. The permissions on the session file are still 0200 not 0666.

I noticed a thread 3417
                      describes a change to Session.pm. I can't find this file in my perl distribution. I'm using perl version 5.8.7.

Do you know what I need to do?

Chandy.

Comment

Hi Glenn

I've done everything you said except for the session files, to be honest I'm not completely sure which ones youre refering to
                        The session files are in the 'acatalog' folder on your server and are the files that end in '.session'.

Hi Chandy,

If you have tried everything in my previous thread then I would suggest you raise a support query here so we can investigate further. Mention this thread in your request so that the person dealing with the query can see what you've already tried.
                        Tracey
                        SellerDeck

Comment

thats what I thought! lol

lol sorry, I wondered if they were the ones! Doh!! anyways they are set at 222 but I still get the error .. guess you're sick of seeing me eh?? lol
                          Another thing I noticed was that when purchaing anything the cart content price at the right hand side doesnt increment, I would have thought it should. Does this relate to my exisiting problem??
                          thanks
                          glenn

Comment

Hi Glenn,

Another thing I noticed was that when purchaing anything the cart content price at the right hand side doesnt increment, I would have thought it should. Does this relate to my exisiting problem??
                            I tried to get onto your site but clicking on any link from the home page, I get page not found errors. It would be difficult for me to comment on this without being able to see what is happening.

I am just liaising with my colleague who is dealing with the support query you raised to see if I can get this issue escalated for you.
                            Tracey
                            SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by TraceyG
                              Hi Glenn,

I tried to get onto your site but clicking on any link from the home page, I get page not found errors. It would be difficult for me to comment on this without being able to see what is happening.

I am just liaising with my colleague who is dealing with the support query you raised to see if I can get this issue escalated for you.

yeah Hi Tracey, thinking it might be one of the old files I deleted the old site to upload the new one based on the changes you suggested. I did a network test first and it told me everything was ok ( and still is evidently!) then tried to upload the site. However, I now get 'merge' errors so cant upload at the moment. Ive been wadeing through the forum to try and find the cause.
                              How can I fix this??

Comment

Working...
                              X