X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error 500

Chaps,

I wonder if someone would be good enough to help me. My website (www.flying-tigers.co.uk) is playing up and for the first time, I am getting an Error 500 - Internal server error message!

This morning, I loaded some new product and uploaded it to the site, in the same way that I have done thousands of times over the past 6 years. When I later went on my site to search for a product, I got an Error 500 - Internal Server Error message, for the first time ever. I have not messed with any settings, just uploaded some new products.

When checking the error log, I noticed the following for today - SHOPCART ERROR - Internal Error. There is no valid input parameters for the script! Check the referencing HTML code!

As I said before, I did not mess about with any settings, just uploaded product in the usual way!

Please help, if you can!

Best wishes

Michael Clegg

Compact the database and refresh the site, report back if still the same after you have done that.

Comment

Hi,

Thank you for your help.

I spoke to Actinic support and they told me to do the same! Unfortunately, it is still happening - it has never done this before!

I don't know if this is related, but I recently bought version 10 and installed it on my laptop. The intention is to gradually migrate to this newer version, but when I uploaded the latest snapshot, it was all over the place. You don't think they could have disabled my version 7 do you?

Best wishes

Michael

Comment

Your v7 version will be superceded by your v10 one, not sure that they flick a switch that can kill the site like that though, people's businesses could get trashed while developing new sites. If you loaded it as a standalone version ie didn't take the upgrade option, it should work completely independent. I can't confirm on that though as i don't have v7 loaded any more, i very much doubt that is the issue, probably a red herring, most likely a hosting or site problem.

Incrementing the script number and website purge and refresh are other more extreme housekeeping measures you can take or have you done those too?

PS - if you've been on to support about it and they recommended some actions which haven't worked, mention it in your thread. That way I don't waste time telling you some things to try and you don't waste time telling me you've already done that.

Comment

Lee,

I have to say that I am not an expert in these matters, but I have used actinic without any problem for about 6 years now. I did not do anything different to how I usually upload product, yet potential customers cannot order off the website at the moment. I have been on to my web hosts (1 & 1) who tell me that they have no service issues!

I have no idea why it should suddenly decide not to work!

Regards

Michael

Comment

You could snapshot V10 site, then uninstall V10 and eliminate that as the issue, I can see why your attention might be drawn to that event and maybe rightly so. Sometimes things happen with no rhyme and reason, 6 years with no hassle is one hell of a record I can tell you.

Comment

B*****ks,

It looks like it's 1and1. The same thing is happening on both my 1and1 sites.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yep, me too, including email, and they're not answering the 'phones.

Big G says Error 500 is unspecified internal server error can only be fixed by the host.

Paul
                Paul
                Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

I've got the same

My website is getting the same Error 500 message when adding to cart. We are with 1&1.

Sarah

Comment

Same again here & I'm also with 1and1.

Nilesh

Comment

Please refer to this thread
                      Paul
                      Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Could the mods move this thread to the server sub-section. It's related to a 1and1 problem rather anything to do with Actinic V7.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Working...
                        X