1and1 cgi problems - 500 internal error on all cgi calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1and1 cgi problems - 500 internal error on all cgi calls

on the phone to 1and1 now. both my websites on their professional unix hosting are giving error 500 on all cgi calls.

Another forum post suggests this has been going on since yesterday. anyone else seeing the same thing?

mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

I have Dedicated Server DC L, three sites down.

Our sites went down totally yesterday morning for about ten minutes, but came back normally.

Paul
    Paul
    Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

ouch!
      Glad I moved at the start of the year then
      Tracey

Comment

We have the same

We are getting the Error 500 message when adding to basket/checkout. 1&1 not answering. Nightmare. We only take orders online.

Sarah

Comment

Yes both our sites giving this error

Error 500 - Internal server error

Our last order 23.56 16/2

D
          Donna

Chief bunting supplier to Take That!

Comment

After 40 minutes on the phone to 1and1 all I got was that there seems to be nothing wrong with the scripts and that no changes have been applied to the server (how often have I heard that before).

I'm sure she said they were going to 'refresh' the server in case something had been corrupted. So I'll have to wait a while (max 1 hour) and see if that works.

The problem was that usually with 1and1 support I get someone very technically able but I think this one was probably not so experienced. Plus we had a few bits of difficulty with accents. It could well be that all their main support people are getting hassled about this which is exactly as it should be.

So, keep chasing 1and1 support. I'm sure they'll soon escalate it to the right level and find the problem.

Mike

Comment

You were lucky to get through

I have been trying to ring them frequently this morning, put in queue and then silence.

Sarah

Comment

Hi S it gets picked up there is no on hold music just a reasurring buzzing noise!!

i was told to change permission on cgi-bin to 644 but this has just changed the error to a 403 forbidden so don't do that!!
                Donna

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
                  I have been trying to ring them frequently this morning, put in queue and then silence.

Sarah
                  ditto.

We have also discovered that we can't use Actinic Payments from the 'Pay' button, presumably because it sends a call back.

Paul
                  Paul
                  Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

me too. on 3 separate sites.

Error 500 - Internal server error
                    www.homecreations.co.uk - www.wastedisposershop.com - www.wastemaidshop.co.uk -

Comment

It doesn't seem to be Actinic related. Even a simple hello world script gives the same error.

#!/usr/bin/perl
                      print "Hello World.\n";
                      Mike

OK. I take it back. A better perl hello world script does run OK.

#!/usr/local/bin/perl
                      print "Content-type: text/html\n\n";
                      print "Hello World\n";
                      So it's not everything to do with perl that's broken.
                      Last edited by Mike Hughes; 17-Feb-2011, 10:26 AM. Reason: Update

Comment

I couldn't get the operator to quite understand that I know 6 people with the same problem and that its not just local to my sites. She is checking the processing on our server and if this doesn't resolve it she assured me she would escalate it further. I'll update if I get anything more.

Donna
                        Donna

Comment

Originally posted by pfb5 View Post
                          ditto.

We have also discovered that we can't use Actinic Payments from the 'Pay' button, presumably because it sends a call back.

Paul
                          We've jsut taken a telephone order and it loaded AP page but returned an error 500 on authorisation but the payment HAD gone through when checking AP reporting.
                          Donna

Comment

Silence on phone

When I ring 1&1 I get told I am being put on a queue and then total silence - no buzzing even. I wait about 10 minutes, just silence, and then give up. Some of you have managed to speak to somebody - did you have to wait in a queue with total silence? It could be my hearing isn't good.

Sarah

Comment

Yes Sarah was total silence - buzzing could be our lines!! We're right on the end of the exchange here! but even when the operator put me on hold to look at something there was no sound.

This is the latest response I have:

Thank you for contacting us.

This is in reference to the previous conversation that we had. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused you. As further checked, you haven't reached the limit of the processes made in our shared servers. In this case, we have reported this case to our Administrators for further investigation.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to contact us.
                              Donna

Comment

Working...
                              X