Actinic V7 and Easyspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by highbridgesb View Post
    I have previously done what you suggest - but didn't print the right screen (idiot!). I also have done the 'convert' before but get 'funnies'.
    Sorry Steve, but i have no idea what you are talking about here. Your aim is NOT to print anything, your aim is to 'export' ie create a file. You then either attach that file or copy paste its contents into your thread, either way we get to see all settings. Not sure what 'convert' and 'funnies' mean.

I understand you are struggling and it might seem very complicated, once you've done it, you will see it is not. Look back at previous threads, see how people show us their settings, then do the export as instructed (forget any ideas of your own on this, just do exactly as instructed) and we'll probably have it fixed in 5 minutes, if indeed the previous threads don't give you all the answers (which they do, again i can assure you).

Comment

Originally posted by highbridgesb View Post
      Thanks

I have previously done what you suggest - but didn't print the right screen (idiot!). I also have done the 'convert' before but get 'funnies'.

I will do the export as you say and go through the routine again.

Regards

Steve
      Sorry - I misunderstood you!

The Actinic Host thing becomes Normal Host by hitting CONVERT.

Is this any help??

I will go thru it all again anyway an try to make sense of it. I agree with you, it should be easy to do but it's so long since I last did it (with another host) I lost the plot a bit.

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
      HTTPPROXYADDRESS
      HTTPPROXYPORT 80
      HTTPPROXYUSER
      HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
      FTPPROXYMODE 0
      FTPPROXYADDRESS
      FTPPROXYPORT 21
      FTPPROXYUSER
      FTPPROXYPASSWORD
      SCRIPTID 999
      SCRIPTEXT .pl
      SMTPHOST localhost
      WEBSITEURL
      IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
      USERELATIVECGIURLS false
      PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
      USEENHANCEFTP false
      FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 5000
      FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
      FTPSILENT false
      FTPMAXRETRIES 3
      FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 15000
      SMTPAUTHREQUIRED false
      SMTPUSERNAME
      SMTPPASSWORD
      CATALOGURL http://www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/
      CGIBINURL http://www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/cgi-bin/
      PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
      CODEBASE ./
      FTPHOST ftp.celtic-fringe.co.uk
      FTPUSERNAME
      FTPPASSWORD
      PATHTOCGIBIN cgi-bin/
      USEPASSIVEFTP true
      FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG http://www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/acatalog/

Comment

1. Delete your ftp username and password from the forum. We don't need to see these.

2. change:

CATALOGURL http://www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/

to

CATALOGURL http://www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/acatalog/

3. Clear FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG http://www.celtic-fringe.co.uk/acatalog/

Then do a network test and see what happens.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

If your starting point is the same as the settings already in the forum when you do a search, you will be much nearer if not completely there. Your starting point is way off where you need to be to get this working. Use someone else's successful settings as your starting point. Try them, show us what they are and report back what errors you get (if any).

Comment

I've removed your passwords from the settings, i'd advise you change these in case someone has clocked them.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
              If your starting point is the same as the settings already in the forum when you do a search, you will be much nearer if not completely there. Your starting point is way off where you need to be to get this working. Use someone else's successful settings as your starting point. Try them, show us what they are and report back what errors you get (if any).
              Thanks a lot.

I have changed the settings (and changed passwords - silly mistake!). When I test, I get ....The computer you specified as your mail server is not a valid mail (SMTP) server. Check the computer name or address and try again. If it fails again, then it is possible, you were locked out by a firewall program, or you don't have network connection to this server. Also, it objects to the catalogue URL. So - I'll do a trawl thru the forum to check for other peoples' settings.

Steve

Comment

Try changing the smtp server setting from 'localhost' to 10.1.1.200

Mike

Comment

Easyspace

Hiya

Can anyone send me a screenshot of network settings for Actinic V7 to upload to Easyspace please?

They are giving me contradictory information and are not solving my problem.

Regards

Steve
                  Attached Files

Comment

Why is the leave blank field unless advised still filled out? Hopefully someone is on easyspace and can help, chances are slim though, most people as i recall either jumped ship or never got it working and moved hosts.

You also only have two w's in your website URL, you need 3. ie www.celtic-fringe.co.uk not ww.celtic-fringe.co.uk as you have it. Change hosts and save your hair imo.

PS - i think this was your 4th new thread on the same subject until i merged it, all you need to do is create one thread in the correct forum and add to that, starting new threads will achieve nothing but irritation for the regulars.

Comment

There also appears to be a missing 'h' from the start of your website url.

You still have the 123-reg holding page active. As I said before you need to remove this or actinic will never work.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                      X