No announcement yet.

Network SMTP Setup problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you are having problems with SMTP that means that the email functions that send email from the site will not work other than that the site should operate normally. Emailing from within Sellerdeck on your PC is not affected by this.
    The green bit is wrong. Emailing via sellerdeck on the PC works by first transferring the email up to the scripts on the web server and then sending the email from there using the same script routines as email functions from the site.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
      The green bit is wrong. Emailing via sellerdeck on the PC works by first transferring the email up to the scripts on the web server and then sending the email from there using the same script routines as email functions from the site.

Mike
      I hadn't given it much thought and had always assumed they would work locally but you are correct the back office software actually sends emails by posting to the mail script on the site. Useful information for the future.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
      SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
      Custom Packages

Comment

OK, just uploaded site in test mode and attempted to sell myself something and send relevant email.
        Error report at: http://www.beebitz.com/acatalog/test/acatalog/error.err

Any ideas?

Mike

Comment

The three things I'd try first for the smtp server are:

1) 10.1.1.200 As Malcolm suggested

2) localhost

3) smtp.easyspace.com

For the first 2 options you need to have the username and password boxes blank with the 'username and password required' box unticked.

For the 3rd one, tick the 'username and password required' box and enter your email username and password (just as you do for email in outlook).

If none of these work then you need to ask easyspace what they recommend.

Mike

Comment

Thanks. Sadly, already tried them, ie: smtp.iomartmail.com, which is the one they told me to use, or 'localhost', but I'm afraid none work. Also already tried 10.1.1.200 and a few others that have been suggested, no luck.
            Mike

Comment

Given:

a) You can't get any of the suggested options to work

and

b) Easyspace can't tell you what's wrong or give you something that works

Then I'd say it's time to move hosts.

1and1 are pretty consistent and not that expensive. They're also used by quite a few sellerdeck users including myself which means that when problems do arrive there's usually quite a few of us around to try and fix it.

There are other hosts though. Pick one you know works with sellerdeck and you'll be up and running in no time.

Mike

Comment

Thanks Mike,

I think you might be right. Already sent an email enquiry to '1 and 1' about moving over etc.

One or two other options to try but not now very confident I'm going to get any joy. Too many disgruntled ex easyspace customers out there and easyspace still send me one word answers, apart from continually telling me they don't support third party products....as if I wasn't aware of that by now.

Thanks, watch this space.

Mike

Comment

Easyspace Network Setup

Hi,

Further to my SMTP Server problem with 'Easyspace' hosting, the problem has now, fingers crossed, been sorted.

Attached Network Settings for Easyspace Hosting / Sellerdeck 2013 as presently working.

Hopefully of some help to anyone else who has similar problem.

Michael Jay
                  Attached Files

Comment

Some advice please

Glad I found this thread,

Im trying to change email address in network settings but whatever I do crashes and I get an error from sellerdeck.

Edit - I think its 1and1 standard package playing up, I saved my working network settings, just put them back in and now it wont work and I get this:

The wizard is unable to login to the FTP server

Im using settings that have always worked.

So do I upgrade my package or leave 1and1 ?

Thanks,

Michael
                    Kind regards,

Michael

www.stageprint.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X