Installing V7 to the hosting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing V7 to the hosting

HI. We are just having the hosting enabled for Actinic. We are having to have the hosting set as a seprate account under linux as the site is on a windows server, ie the hosting company vi.net suggested:

You purchase additional webspace to host the part of the website that will need to be run on a Linux server. We could for example create a new webspace for i.e shop.asptrading.co.uk which would be used for the Actinic shop and you could intlerlink your website and keep www.asptrading.co.uk for other material and sections on your website.

SO that is no problem, what I need to know is that what info do we need to request from the hosting company. As we made a little booby in terms of speaking to the hosting company a while back they said they are able to have actinic on their servers and all that. However we purchased actinic direct from actinic and only just been told from the hosting company:

It also appears that you purchased Actinic outside of VI. Please note that we can setup the Linux space but do not support any issues relating to Actinic.

so is it an ok procedure to set it up form the wizard in actinic for the network connection etc? I am fairly in the know with ftp, file permissions etc.. Just hope the host company can help us along the way and not totally shut us off as we did not know we had to purchase from them instead of direct from actinic.

Looking forward to anyones response on the setup..

Thanx...

Hi Nav,

I'm sure VI will correctly set up your Linux server to host Actinic. This includes correct permissions, cgi capabilities and correct perl version. You should not have any problem with the Network Configuration Wizard.

When did you purchase Actinic off us? Are you still within you 30 days free support? If so you can contact Actinic Support if you encounter any problems or just comment to this thread.

Let us know how you get on.
    Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

HI Toby. many thanks for your reply.
      Yep we purchased the software last week. I have all the reg info here.

I got the ftp info from vi.net and went thru that wizard on Advanced network set up. It has set it up fine it went thru swiftly and sorted itself. vi have actually moved the whole of www.asptrading.co.uk hosting over to linux so that is the main site page where actinic will show (ie not shop.asptrading.co.uk as mentioned before)

I checked the the server using normal ftp and it has put a folder there for actinic catalogue so it looks like it has worked.

Now when I click Send Files in Advanced (so I can upload the little bit of the site I have done so far), actinic brought up an error with a list of possible causes.

Is this because I am still on a trial version (not put the reg details in yet). Or is there few things I need to do like permissions on folders or something like that?

It's probably the smallest of errors. Shall I ring Actinic support Toby, give you guys the reg info and see if you can just point me in the right direction on getting my very basic intitial site uploaded to see it on the domain?

What should the persmissions on the cgi-bin be when right clicking on it in the ftp?

Comment

I don't think you should be using 'Advanced | Send Files'. Have you tried doing a 'Web | Refresh Website'?

Comment

Sorry,

Should have mentioned I'm helping Nav direct with his net. settings.
          Regards,

Toby Blanchard

Comment

Working...
          X