No announcement yet.

Actinic quality link farm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just tried this again on 2 different machines and on both I get "could not create new user" even tried different email addresses and sites.
    Gary

Comment

use this url to register.... http://shops.pinbrook.net/xoops/register.php

and attach a screenshot to this thread if it fails so i can see the error

Comment

this what i get.
        Attached Files
        Gary

Comment

what user name did you use?

Comment

Im using the user name g11ary
            Gary

Comment

Thanks Jo, it worked no problem this time. Would it be possible to add a greeting cards category?

Regards,
              Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
              Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                use this url to register.... http://shops.pinbrook.net/xoops/register.php

and attach a screenshot to this thread if it fails so i can see the error
                Managed to add my site, but now can't register now - heres a screenshot.....

Nick
                Attached Files
                Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Any chance of a jewellery section?

Like others I am glad this is now happening. Just surprised that Actinic didn't do it.

Many thanks Jo

Regards

Jason
                  Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                  Zirconium Rings
                  Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Added Jewellery category.

Haven't added Cards as I think their is only one Actinic card site and I'm trying to avoid sections with 1 link in.

some people have sucessfully registered today, are others still having problems?

Comment

Xoops Upgrade?

Am finding it completely impossible to add our site to Directory, am getting the same wrong format messages.
                      Do you think it might improve things if you upgrade to Xoops 2.2?? your version has been modified extensively since 2003.

Comment

Ive tried to reg using diff user names etc but still wont let me reg
                        Gary

Comment

I'll do an update to 2.2

your username isn't the problem Gary as I have registered using it - then deleted again - so you could register

Comment

On investigation the register problem is due to firewalls.

Firewalls prevent unauthorised data being transferred from and to your computer. This effects data between applications connecting websites. Usually firewall users can "allow" permitted applications to transfer data and set various levels of security.

For example, XOOPS sites use the HTTP_REFERRER information to check if you're logged into the website. Some firewalls (most notably software firewalls such as Norton and ZoneAlarm) block this information being sent to the server. This could prevent you from logging into the XOOPS site. Typically this becomes evident when you log into the website, the login is confirmed, and you still see the 'login' box on the page, and you're not logged in at all.
                            The solution is to add the XOOPS site you're trying to log into to the Trusted Sites list of your firewall application.
                            To add XOOPS sites -

# Disable WebWasher Standard Filter/URL Filter
                            # Disable any "ad blocking" software
                            # Disable any Pop-up blockers
                            ----------------------------------------------------------
                            Zone Alarm Pro:

1. Click Privacy
                            2. Click Cookie Control
                            3. Click Custom
                            4. Uncheck "remove private header information"
                            Windows XP's Internal Firewall

1. Open XP's Control Panel
                            2. Double-click Networking and Internet Connections
                            3. Select Network Connections
                            4. Right-click on the connection to disable, then select Properties
                            5. On the Advanced tab, clear the Protect my computer or network checkbox
                            6. Press OK
                            Norton Internet Security 2002 (or earlier)

1. Open NIS or NPF.
                            2. Click Options.
                            3. Click Internet Security or Personal Firewall. (This step is not always needed.) The Options window appears.
                            4. Click Advanced Options.
                            5. Click the Web tab.
                            6. Click Add Site. A new site/domain box appears.
                            7. Enter shops.pinbrook.net and click OK. The site name now appears in the left frame of the Advanced Options window.
                            8. Click the name of the new site.
                            9. Click the Privacy tab.
                            10. Check the "Use these rules for..." box.
                            11. Change the Referrer from "Block" to "Permit."
                            12. Click Apply, and then click OK.
                            13. Click OK to close the Options window.
                            Norton Internet Security 2003/2004

1. Open NIS or NPF.
                            2. Do one of the following.
                            * In NIS/NPF 2003, click Options > Internet Security or Personal Firewall (This step is not always needed), and then click the Web Content tab.
                            * In NIS/NPF 2004, double-click Privacy Control, and then click Advanced.
                            3. Click Add Site. A new site/domain box appears.
                            4. Enter www.shops.pinbrook.net and click OK. The site name now appears in the left frame of the Options window.
                            5. Click the name of the new site.
                            6. Click the Global Settings tab.
                            7. In the "Information about visited sites" section, clear "Use default settings."
                            8. Click Permit.
                            9. Click OK to close the Options window.
                            Techincal Information about HTTP_REFERER's

(for the geeks who care)

When you click a Web page, your browser notes the current page that you are on and sends that information to the server of the new Web page. This way, the server for the new Web page knows the last Web page that you viewed.

For example, if you are on www.symantec.com and click www.microsoft.com , the browser sends www.microsoft.com the information that you are currently viewing www.symantec.com. If you block referrer information, the server of the page you are requesting to see does not know what page you saw last. By default, Norton Internet Security (NIS) and Norton Personal Firewall (NPF) block this information. Some Web sites require this information before they allow you to see their pages.

Comment

editing problems

Hello Jo,
                              I think its a great idea and as my site is new the offer off a link from your directory is most welcome.

I had one or two problems in adding my site to your list. I found that if I previewed I could not then submit the site, but if I didn't select preview first, the site listing went ok.

I made a mistake on the address for the banner image and I can't amend it. Everything seems to go ok, but when I click EDIT after amending the address I'm taken to a blank page and the edits are not done.

Comment

Thanks Jo
                                I did what you said with my firewall but it still would not have it, but then Im not your most computer literate person, so disabled and it allowed me to reg, then enabled and it lets me in fine now reg'd.
                                Gary

Comment

Working...
                                X