No announcement yet.

Actinic quality link farm?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No Firewall, still doesn't work, Registered ok but it will not accept listing, just get wrong format message and lose all the work.
    Fed up with trying it, I think I'll wait for something that works, thoroughly Pee'd off wasting time with this.
    Great Idea Jo, Shame about the software.

Comment

well, I got an error when I tried to register (previously got a listing error) but it did let me add my listing this time (I deliberately chose NOT to preview it this time as it doesn't seem to like that!)
      Reminds me, must add Jesters when I get it moved over the Actinic (imminent!)
      Tracey

Comment

To date all I've done is upgrade the part of the software that handles to registration, and we now know that is it peoples firewall which is hampering registration.

I haven't yet fixed the wrong format as this is a different module from a different developer. I have passed the queries back to him to resolve.

For those who prefer not to help me develop the directory by testing I suggest you sit back and just wait until we have ironed out the bugs. For those who are persevering and assisting - thank you! Keep the fault finding, screen shots and comments coming. Ravenbooks comments about Preview helped me alot, this also helped me realise that everything worked whilst I was logged in as administrator but not if I was a normal user.

We won't get this working until we all pull together

Comment

have to say I think there are a few rather unappreciative folk here too!
          I, for one, appreciate the time and effort Jo has put into this! She didn't have to and it is for OUR benefit too!
          If it's giving you grief, get over it and move on!
          Meantime, thanks Jo!!
          Tracey

Comment

Thanks Jo, have just added Blushingbuyer with no problems.
            Blushingbuyer, banishing blushes since 2000.
            http://www.blushingbuyer.co.uk

Comment

Just a quick update on progress

1 the registration module is working - it is peoples firewalls causing problems

2 You can add a link as long as you don't preview it. I have passed this back to the author of the software and am hoping for a resolution

3 I have also passed back the issue of links not being spiderable - again the author is looking into this. In the meanwhile you can add a link within the description. Use the link icon and type in the url and keyword for the link

4 any suggestions for the real URL of the site? - if the url contains the word actinic we have to ask for Actinic's permission to use it. but a-shops.co.uk is available to be registered, so is ac-shops.co.uk

Comment

Come on Actinic - it's time you commented on this thread. Jo has put a lot of work into it for which we are all very grateful. It must be obvious by now that this is something Actinic users desperately want, and it will certainly be a useful resource for future purchasers of the software. So how about giving permission to use Actinic within the url ? And to let us all know that you will allow this site to be referenced from the main Actinic site too.

We'll all love you forever :-)

Susan.
                Susan.

www.CardsAtYourFingertips.co.uk
                Innovative and Original greetings cards for all occasions

Comment

I have ben lurking on this thread, and following it with great interest.

Jo - well done on all your hard work on this. It looks great. I've dropped an email to the management today to see what we can do to get behind it.

Comment

Hi Chris,

I must say I don't understand why a community member has had to take action on something that must be in Actinic's strategic interest. However, things are moving which is the main goal. At the very least the directory should get official company endorsement.

I also add my vote of thanks to Jo who has given time and resources freely. I don't understand criticism of an initiative designed to assist all and, as Jo has said, the directory is being de-bugged in public. Anyone implemented stuff that works first time?

Delboy

Comment

Jo,

Cheers for this amazing resource, its good to see that there are still people out there who are not selfish, and will pull their thumb out of their bum to get something done that is beneficial to all (in this case users of actinic, and actinic themselves).

Just a quick suggestion... why dont more users have a returning link from their own site, this will help build the PageRank, this will then in turn increase the standing of our sites.

I will be adding one on the index of the site I am redesigning! Others should, its in your own interests!

Thanks again Jo, I will be adding our link shortly, as soon as the templates are a bit more 'finished'.

Ben
                      www.bathroomexpress.co.uk

Comment

Hi Ben

I will ask in this thread for backward links in a few days/weeks when I have the resource in its "proper" url.
                        Any ideas for a URL for the site?

I can then ensure we get all links to one location and not dilute the effect.

I still need to look at shortened urls before this bit is ready to go.

The main thrust at the mo is to get sites in the directory so we can launch it with decent content. And of course get the bugs fixed.

Chris - I'd always assumed you'd be lurking in the bg.

Comment

hi, good idea, i trie dbut failed to add my site.
                          Registed ok but when i try to add site i get a 'wrong format' warning.
                          I disabled firewall, even tried on a Macintosh without any firewall or virus software still got the same message.
                          I know you need to keep down the catogorys, but how about a food/drink section. We sell confectionery!
                          Thanks
                          Wesley Thorne
                          www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk
                          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Url Suggestions

Hi Jo,
                            got my listing to work in the end, unfortunately I tried so many combinations I lost track of how I did it, (also it was 11.30pm).
                            Been watching the progress and it looks like the numbers are going up, will be good when people can post links back to increase rating, also if Actinic finally comes on board.
                            I don't know if Actishop.co.uk is available, if it is please consider it if Actinic won't allow use of their name, still jealous of all that surf time coming!!

Comment

Wesley - if you do not preview your listing but go straight to submit the link will be accepted (this bug will be fixed - before I go to SA! - John -then I can tell you how you manged to get your listing in)

i'll add "Food and Drink"

I am chatting to Actinc re their endorsement, I'm sure either myself or Chris will post progress. But I need to ensure all the bugs and niggles are sorted out first

actishops sounds good.

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
                                actishops sounds good.
                                But if you include the actual word Actinic (with permission obviously) within the url it will be better for search engines finding it when queried on Actinic. Which is why the need for such a directory has been requested so much.

I think.

Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Working...
                                X