pinbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pinbrook

My pinbrook hosted website has been down for at least 8 hours, anyone else had/having problems. I emailed them at 3ish and they were looking into it.
    Nearly 11.30pm now and still not working, my last order was 10am yesterday so website could have been down since then.

God knows how much money I have lost, can I get any compensation? Does anyone know?

I have already lost £1000 this weekend having a show I normally sell at being cancelled due to bad weather, have just renewed my account with pinbrook as well!!!

Cheers

Stuarts

Have you a support ticket you can trace on their site as this is just a forum with nothing to do with them, although people do tend to use it to try and find things out when their servers go down.

Comment

We have replied to your ticket in the support desk

Comment

yep our site is also on the affected web5 server which has issues running scripts. They say they are working to resolve this issue as quickly as they can.

The annoying thing is you cant even modify your home page to inform customers there is an issue and we have been getting phone calls all day yesterday (saturday) from customers about the issue, we too have lost alot of custom due to this on top of missing our deadline for getting orders out on saturday.

Comment

your site is up and running now

Comment

I wish it was im still seeing script errors

Comment

Hi

We can get in to your main page but not your store.

IE 500.

Regards
              Daren
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

We are affected also.. You can see the site, but you can not order anything as when you add to basket it crashes to CGI Script errors.
                Also, unable to download orders that we know are there..

We know we have had the problem from at least 1900 yesterday evening, but maybe before as no orders since Friday evening.
                Early Baby Premature Baby Clothes
                <A HREF="http://www.earlybaby.co.uk">www.earlybaby.co.uk<A>
                Quality, affordable baby clothes specially created for premature and low birthweight babies.

Comment

Yup

we get the 500 internal error when we add to your cart (or try to)

Have you submitted a ticket to Jo and the team?
                  Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
                  Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Originally posted by los_design
                    Yup

we get the 500 internal error when we add to your cart (or try to)

Have you submitted a ticket to Jo and the team?

Yes, had a ticket in since 1900 yesterday. No update since 0730 this morning
                    Quality, affordable baby clothes specially created for premature and low birthweight babies.

Comment

ours works fine.

can add products to basket

(and yes we host with pinbrook)

Comment

Yep your hosted on a different server, were on web5 which is the affected server.

Comment

If any company in the world provided me with a service that had started failing, i certainly wouldnt voice about it on a public forum on which they were a member, until it was fixed at least. Especially a forum that can do zip about the problem. Posting on here will not solve the problem at all and if you are unhappy with the service, then vote with your feet.

Pinbrook have had some issue of late, there are few companies in the world that do not, how they handle these issues is your greatest sign on how good they are as a company. Its a little unfair how their dirty washing is aired on here, however having said that im sure its far outweighed by the business that it brings in.

Im sure they haven't done it on purpose and are working as hard as they can to solve the issue, have a little patience or contact the people that count.

Decorum in the forum! Im a poet but i dont know it, all the time i speak in rhyme.

Comment

Incidentally a 99.7% service level achievement for the year would equate to around 25-30 hours of downtime if i have my maths correct. That kind of performance is something far ahead of most things you accept on a day to day basis.

I have also found this "sewing and knitting" forum. You may wish to post about your problem in there also, as it will have exactly the same effect as posting in here. The link is here if you are interested - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php.

They have some wonderful patterns and i'm sure they would love to hear about your problem also.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                              Incidentally a 99.7% service level achievement for the year would equate to around 25-30 hours of downtime if i have my maths correct. That kind of performance is something far ahead of most things you accept on a day to day basis.

I have also found this "sewing and knitting" forum. You may wish to post about your problem in there also, as it will have exactly the same effect as posting in here. The link is here if you are interested - http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php.

They have some wonderful patterns and i'm sure they would love to hear about your problem also.

Thanks for your help I am glad to see you have so much time on your hands. I hope you never have any problems with your business that lose you money

p.s My day job requires that the equipment and networks perform to 99.999% availability otherwise you and many millions of others would be severely hampered in your everyday business

Comment

Working...
                              X