pinbrook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earlybaby
    I hope you never have any problems with your business that lose you money.
    If i encounter problems that are losing me money, i will always make a point of speaking to the people who can cure it or at least tell me the problem and the expected timescale to cure. Posting in a forum about a problem that the forum can do nothing about and has no responsibility for, is a sure way of wasting your time.

Perhaps that's why you don't have as much spare time as me. Time management, it's boring but boy does it make a difference.

"If 99.99% correct is acceptable, then on average, 72 new born babies will be given to the wrong parents each week"

Comment

Interesting thread,

I agree partly with not airing ones laundry in public but like wise people also use this forum for the reasurrance, I am not on web 5 but my site is up and down like a whores draws at the moment i guess a knock on effect from web 5

besides this is actually 7 sites and effected not one and i can assure you that i have probably reached the 30 hours this year already but that is another issue.

I am concerned at the ongoing problems we all face and not just with pinbrook but with other hosting companies aswell, and i am sure you wont have to look far to find clara mentioned a few times amongst others.

As i said people sometimes post because they like to know they are not the only ones effected, perhaps we should add a blanket ban on mentioning any web hosting company problems???

Darren

Comment

I agree with freedom of speech Darren and people can do as they wish. I think the main point to take from all of this is that if you have a problem with your hosts, then speak to them and use their facilities to find out the issue.

If people are posting in here to collectively put an arm around each other through their troubles, then cool, if they are posting in here to get a solution or find out what is wrong, or even worse to take a cheap shot, then that is wrong IMO.

Comment

a blanket ban on mentioning any web hosting company problems
          What would we talk about then?

Comment

With pinbrook hosting though (I host with Pinbrook) you can always find the latest service news at this URL :

http://pinbrook.helpserve.com/

scroll to the bottom of the page and you will see news updates.

Regards,
            Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
            Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
            A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
            Product Mash for Sellerdeck
            Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
            Multichannel order processing
            Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

It is easy to blame the machine. However many problems are down to human error! eg those people who put bad code onto the server that completely utilises all resources, leaving none for the other sites residing on that server.
              Jenny
              Hanson Web Design
              www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
              jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
              Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

What would we talk about then?
                Probably goats

If people are posting in here to collectively put an arm around each other through their troubles, then cool, if they are posting in here to get a solution or find out what is wrong, or even worse to take a cheap shot, then that is wrong IMO.
                I could not agree more, although in the past i might have aired a few fews but that was a long time ago.

I drop a ticket about some issues i have and leave them to get on with it, i would much rather they spend time dealing with the problem than sending me messages and as Jan pointed out i was aware there were issues because i use the news update service, if i have a problem i use the priority rating and hope the guys uses it the same way i do.

Cheers
                Darren

Comment

those people who put bad code onto the server
                  This unfortunately is the down side as you are at the hands of some individuals who do not have a care int the world. Alot of host companies actually limit you to what you can do on the servers and are really choosy about scripts you want to run.

If it continues i could see pinbrook following the same course and restricting customised script use.

Darren

Comment

As previously stated we now keep all hosting updates within the confines of our support desk (hosted remotely to our own datacentre). Every support ticket raised has had a reply in the past hour.

We have updated the News Desk, also sent the News desk updates to all subscribed members and updated our RSS feed.

Comment

And i can vouch that i have recieved these updates, it's one of those things.

The problem has been found and is/has been fixed now a bit of mopping up to do but i am sure by the morning things will be well for the monday rush (he says with his fingers crossed for some big orders - bit quiet the last few days)

Darren

Comment

Lee

I think you are being a bit over the top with your reply's

He did report a problem to his ISP and did get a initial reply, but then when the problem went on for a long time without updates he brought it to the attention of the forum

Just because the ISP concerned is helpfull on this forum, does not mean you cannot report failings in their company or possible failings.

With by far the majority of ISP's the problems are bad communications when the shit hits the fan, You would like to think they had the resorces to give hourly email updates to their customers but somehow it seems they rarely seem to value this approach.
                        Chris Ashdown

Comment

I dont know if you have Cover with Actinic but included in the price is a disaster hosting package to get you back online ASP.

Comment

there would still be propagation I expect!
                            Hanson Web Design
                            www.hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                            jenny@hansonwebdesign.co.uk
                            Actinic hosting, Actinic Software, template design and re-design

Comment

Malcolm

I thought that it took at least 24-36 hours for the site to re-registered with the new server id, so only realy usefull if the ISP went bust orunable to contact by any means. so really a last but helpfull resorce
                              Chris Ashdown

Comment

thought that it took at least 24-36 hours for the site to re-registered
                                No - I can change hosting and have a site up in a couple of minutes. Even if you have to change the IPS tag on a .co.uk its pretty quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X