No announcement yet.

Wonderfull Customers!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah they do, but I think when typing, instead of using no symbol or writing 'pounds' they just use the $ and hope for the same effect.

Of course, some may just live in their own little american bubble and not notice- but as my husband is american I try to give them the benefit of the doubt! lol

Comment

Not sure why folk continually diss off the Yanks on here, its a big market place you know, and if they need a bit of help then so be it?
      Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Not sure why folk continually diss off the Yanks on here
        George - for me its been personal experience via the website. I have plenty of American friends, who don't fit the stereo-type, but American customers I have encountered via our webstore have been on the whole:

- ignorant
        ....."yes sir, our prices are in pounds, not in dollars - we are a UK company"
        - rude, arrogant and aggresive
        ....."I'm sorry that the item you ordered is out of stock..."
        ....."thats a crock of s**t. You better refund me now, or I will sue your ass off - and I want compensation too"
        ....."sir, as we stated previously, no charge was made to your credit card"
        - impatient
        ....."I ordered goods yesterday, but they STILL haven't arrived yet. Cancel my order, and give me a refund"
        (lack of any form of courtesy not exaggerated!)

These were not one off experiences, but typical of regular encounters.

We stopped offering to ship to the US after a while.
        If you've had a good trading relationship across the pond, I'm glad to hear it. For me it was a nightmare.

Comment

Also a lot of ex-Brits out there...

Yeah Martin, we've discussed this before!

Customer arrogance aside, my point was, if its costing you orders, then its something worth at least taking a look at (and tweaking your 'site a wee bit if ness), rather than saying `check this idiot`.
          Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Originally posted by george
            tweaking your 'site a wee bit if ness
            on that point I do agree..

If you DO want to trade Worldwide, displaying dual currency would seem a sensible way forward.

For us, trading with the US was very much a coals to Newcastle exercise.

We never pushed it because practically everything we sell is imported from the US, and is freely available there.

For a US customer to buy from us would cost them 2-3 times more than shopping with a US store, once postage was factored in. This didn't stop people from ordering all the same, albeit, with the results highlighted above.

In the end, it made more sense to not offer a US service at all, rather than explain how expensive it would be, and/or deal with the abuse.

The dollar/pound thing is a common oversight, and I do think it stems from the homebrew attitude that the web is an American only thing, rather than a simple mistake.

Comment

Working...
            X