Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
    to me the off topic comments are 99% funny
    For me too. I have had a lot of lol moments reading the posts on here. As far as RTFM is concerned, the sight of those initials alone makes me smile, and I am as guilty as any of not doing what I should. Anyone who hasn't bothered to check the basics can't possibly allow themselves to be offended by that kind of response in a post.
    Anyway, once this latest kerfuffle has died down, I fully expect things to revert to normal.
    If it doesn't, then there will come a time when a new forum is set up elsewhere. Oh, hang on a sec, isn't that called Twitter
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inW91qRDGwI

Comment

It has been mentioned many times about people making "off topic" comments and that it needs to stop - to me the off topic comments are 99% funny.
        Ditto for me too, on one hand a community of friendly people all having a nice chat is wanted, but when we do this and let conversation meander like it does in every other form of communication in the world (Queen's speech aside), that is then frowned upon. I think we need to have a character and personality evaluation and you need to pass to be a member, because people passing on their experiences on what to do, will never and has never worked.

Are we building an encyclopaedia contained in a library with no noise or fun or are we building an incredible reference of free help, full of many different people doing things in many different ways just getting on with normal every day life?

You can't go to the pub and choose who will be there and how they will be, only the landlord can do that. However, if he does that, he then ends up with an empty pub.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PlKbbqWIPA

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
            Ditto for me too, on one hand a community of friendly people all having a nice chat is wanted, but when we do this and let conversation meander like it does in every other form of communication in the world (Queen's speech aside), that is then frowned upon. I think we need a to have a character and personality evaluation and you need to pass to be a member, because people passing on their experiences on what to do, will never and has never worked.
            Perhaps we need more icons under our name, then we can evaluate our response on the the icons you display, if you a miserable f**k then people can choose how to respond

Comment

You can't go to the pub and choose who will be there and how they will be, only the landlord can do that. However, if he does that, he then ends up with an empty pub.

And the proof?
              Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

"Knock me down I get right back up again I come back stronger than a powered up Pacman" - Kaiser Chiefs

IMO Genius

Army Gore-tex
                Winter Climbing Mitts
                webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by george View Post
                  LOL exactly, how apt.

People who complain and don't accept the way things are, often become the people who miss the people they wanted to leave in the first place.

Comment

Perhaps we need more icons under our name, then we can evaluate our response on the the icons you display, if you a miserable f**k then people can choose how to respond
                    My icon will be this one: http://www.luckyicons.com/images/angel_icon.png because I am perfect in every way.
                    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I think we need to have a character and personality evaluation
                      Orwellian thinking at it's very best.

Comment

This is a good idea, we could have say four levels, each with its own colour:

white - hi, please be gentle with me, turning the television on often scares me
                        green - hi, i need pointing in the right direction, if i am being silly i prefer to be told in a nice way
                        blue - hi, i'm 'street', you can say whatever you want to me really, we can do banter and have a laugh
                        black - anything goes, i give as good as i get so bring it on

Comment

This is a good idea, we could have say four levels, each with its own colour:

white - hi, please be gentle with me, turning the television on often scares me
                          green - hi, i need pointing in the right direction, if i am being silly i prefer to be told in a nice way
                          blue - hi, i'm 'street', you can say whatever you want to me really, we can do banter and have a laugh
                          black - anything goes, i give as good as i get so bring it on
                          You have to be very careful of the racial implications of icons these days. Someone will have to spend many years researching historical events to see if said icon, or an icon deemed similar to said icon, has been used in a negative manor previously. Then submit his/her findings to a board for approval.

A simple yellow start for instance

Army Gore-tex
                          Winter Climbing Mitts
                          webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                          Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

Originally posted by webD View Post
                            negative manor previously.
                            Big house with a bad vibe?

Apologies for the off topic post, i'm off to go get some salt and pepper.

Comment

Goat points signalled the demise, bring them back George, they always had a good vibe! I read your scoreboard the other day and was cracking up.

Comment

and to make matters worse, i've just found two 6ft Inflatable Palm Trees on the warehouse trolley and havent a clue which order they are missing from

Comment

Working...
                                X