Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great idea Jan, it can be done like this - http://community.actinic.com/faq.php...b_poll_explain
    This what every wish list should be started as - my fault for not starting this one like it.

Does not seem to be available when starting a thread - MODS can you help?

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Yep - I'll be posting a poll this morning to gather votes.

Comment

Thanks Chris - the great GC debate goes on

Comment

Originally posted by Froogle
          also it is quite funny how the people who aren't interested in GC don't actually sell anything online, they offer a service to other people.

it is also frustrating that these people are the ones who post the most so it looks like the majority, when in fact it is the minority.
          This is actually a great comment for me to start my Friday work (which includes normal paid duties and FREE ADVICE AND SUPPORT FOR FORUM USERS...just like all the other developers who seem to get vilified for having a reasoned opinion).

1 We may not sell direct (some do though) BUT we do have a large collective of clients who do and of whom we have sought opinion. Being a service industry, if we had got the customer demand, we would also look into ways of assisting Actinic to get this off the ground quicker...but, as stated very professionally by Malc, our clients too, are indifferent about this latest google gimmick.

2 We may be the minority in numbers BUT add together our groups of clients and I think you will find the our retrospective membership far outweighs the MAJORITY MEMBERS count.

JMTC, now to stop wasting time on a thread that required a simple

YES we want it or NO we don't and get on with helping users to solve many problems FOR FREE. (Just like Jont, Leehack, Malc, Jo, Jan, Norman, George and many more, too numerous to mention.)

Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
          Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Well, I for one, very much appreciate all the help and advice I have received on this forum and I don't see how an argument is helping this discussion.

Here's where I stand. I don't expect GC to be a major payment system in my site. However, with the £10 deal which we were invited to, there was a serious buzz across the internet which is invaluable to web retailers. Sites like Ebuyer were being mentioned everywhere. 2 of my major competitors had this deal and I'm sure they picked up customers from it. Customer aquisition is everything in ecommerce and this was a golden opportunity to grab some new customers.

My contention is that actinic should have had a simple integration available, even if it meant processing on Google's side. We would have been very happy to process these orders manually. However, it wasn't available so there you go. I would really like to be available ASAP, even if it means I get the icon beside my adwords ads.

Now, I feel we have missed the boat on the major benefit of early implementation, I do not consider it paramount but would like it very much.

There have been a few mentions of possible ways to impliment GC on here. Please understand that many of us don't knoe java from cava so hints are OK, but don't get us anywhere nearer getting it integrated.

If somebody could come up with a step by step, idiots guide to implementing a basic GC integration then they might make a few bob. I certainly would have paid a good few quid for it a few weeks back. Not sure what it's worth to me now that the horse has bolted.
            Blank DVD
            Cloth Nappies

Comment

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
              Now, I feel we have missed the boat on the major benefit of early implementation, I do not consider it paramount but would like it very much.

There have been a few mentions of possible ways to impliment GC on here. Please understand that many of us don't knoe java from cava so hints are OK, but don't get us anywhere nearer getting it integrated.

If somebody could come up with a step by step, idiots guide to implementing a basic GC integration then they might make a few bob. I certainly would have paid a good few quid for it a few weeks back. Not sure what it's worth to me now that the horse has bolted.
              I'd certainly second this, Steve. If there's a quick-and-dirty way to have GC available so I can take advantage of the link between GC and Adwords then I'd like to have it. Since I started evaluating 8.5 I've bought three third party 'enhancements' and jolly good (and jolly good value) they were. I'd buy an idiot-proof basic GC capability today if someone offered it to me.

Who cares if not many buyers will use it? I've got real card handling and I've got Paypal and I've got Nochex; I'd like the Google Checkout logo available too. It's hardly going to reduce the traffic, is it...
              -
              Justin Hill (Half-to-three-quarters-baked Mac expert, laptop evangelist and vintage Hammond enthusiast)
              http://www.cka-net.com

Comment

Yep - I'll be posting a poll this morning to gather votes.
                Just to say I haven't forgotten about the survey. Please bear with me.

Comment

After giving it some thought, I think this discussion is probably a bit too far along to make posting a new poll really meaningful. We'll definitely do poll vote thing when a new 'hot topic' hits the community though - and I'll keep a tally of the number of votes on this one.

Just fyi the number of requests so far across the community for GC is 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Froogle
                    also it is quite funny how the people who aren't interested in GC don't actually sell anything online, they offer a service to other people.

it is also frustrating that these people are the ones who post the most so it looks like the majority, when in fact it is the minority.
                    As far as I am aware all the people who "post the most" sell online from their own sites as well as developing sites for others. Looking down the members page of top posters all have sites with items for sale other than the moderators.

As Jo and Malcolm point out, designers / developers are aware of their clients needs (as well as their own) and post accordingly.

Bikster
                    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Just fyi the number of requests so far across the community for GC is 64
                      I will add 34 not interested.

Comment

Originally posted by jont
                        As far as I am aware all the people who "post the most" sell online from their own sites as well as developing sites for others. Looking down the members page of top posters all have sites with items for sale other than the moderators.

As Jo and Malcolm point out, designers / developers are aware of their clients needs (as well as their own) and post accordingly.
                        Oh dear...I am only 24th, still better than my sites google listing

Only kidding viewers.

Comment

Remove my vote please, i don't want any more Google crap dictating what i have to do.

Comment

Remove my vote please
                            You said yesterday that this thread was dead so you cannot jump back in now just because you dont like Mr G and his big bank balance

Comment

Its the fact that its dead that ive jumped in lol.

Comment

Originally posted by leehack
                                Its the fact that its dead that ive jumped in lol.
                                Trying to kick start a dead horse leeski....

lovely job....

Comment

Working...
                                X