Problem with Search facility on our website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with Search facility on our website

When I search for a product on the website, the results are displayed.

When I then click on a product it seems to display correctly for a few seconds but then a blank page appears with the words 'no items'.

can anyone explain to me why this is happening?!

thanks in advance

to see the problem you can go to

http://www.morgans-of-oswestry.co.uk/ & search for a random product

I see what you mean, but don't know the answer.

You also have a problem with invalid characters. i.e, the first item on a search for 'shed' (the Apex Shed) results in:

A General Script Error Occurred

Error: "MO101(GS64).html" contains invalid characters.

Press the Browser back button and try again or contact the site owner
    Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

could it have something to do with this?

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?p=344684

Comment

I don't think the problem you're seeing is related to that, although it might be if the network settings are messed up. I don't see anyplace obvious where the domains are cross referenced.

The apex sheds problem is because brackets aren't allowed in the product reference. see http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=44788 for details of which characters are /aren't allowed.

Mike

Comment

thanks, i fixed the small problem with the invalid characters but haven't a clue with the main issue!!

any further help appreciated.

Comment

At a guess I'd say it's coming from your cart script. Try disabling it and see if that's the problem.

<div><script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            <!--
            if (getCartItem(3) == 0) {
            document.write('No Items');
            }
            if (getCartItem(3) == 1) {
            document.write(getCartItem(3) + 'Item&nbsp;|&nbsp;' + getCartItem(1));
            }
            if (getCartItem(3) > 1) {
            document.write(getCartItem(3) + 'Items&nbsp;|&nbsp;' + getCartItem(1));
            }
            // -->

Comment

There are several problems. 1) Product pages errors, "Magic Thumb" missing files. 2) Javascript warning from jquery-1.8.3.min.js. 3) Search text does not disappear, use value "Quick Search".
              Peblaco

Comment

Issue 1

I contacted the plugin provider who stated that they have never had any issues with the plugin.
                (I have asked them to re-send the files so that I can attempt to re-install)

I presume there could be a possibility that some of the files were missing / corrupt when they were initially sent to me.

Although it seems strange how the the actual plugin appears to be working fine on the site.

Issue 2

I presume once issue 1 has been addressed the javascript warning will cease?!

Issue 3.

I have returned the search bar text to 'Quick Search' so now the text disappears when it should.

I am a bit stuck as to what else I can do to try & fix this problem?

With regard to what Mike mentioned above I am not sure how to disable this script?!

Many thanks for everyone time once again.

Comment

how do I edit the code for the script errors on the product page?

in design view I see 'click here to see errors'

i then click on the red highlighted part

i then see

' A JavaScript error has been found on the page ('Expected '}' - line 177 ').

if i click on this nothing happens & if i try to view 'layout code' the code only seems to go to about line 60...

thanks

Comment

There are many errors in your implementation of Magic Thumb. Try removing that add-on and see if your serious fault goes away.
                    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

The following lump of code is weird. You are trying to load a 2008 vintage Magic Zoom Plus. Way too old to be trusted to work properly in modern browsers. And you seem to be setting up a set of Magic Thumb parameters but you're not using Magic Thumb. Try removing the lot, Upload, and see if the fault goes away.
                      Code:
                      <script src="acatalog/mzp-packed.js" type="text/javascript"></script><link href="acatalog/magiczoomplus.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" media="screen"/><script type="text/javascript">MagicThumb.options = {
                      backgroundFadingColor: '#0D0D0D', 
                      backgroundFadingDuration: 0.4, 
                      backgroundFadingOpacity : 0.8,
                      controlbarEnable: true,
                      controlbarPosition: 'top right',
                      keepThumbnail: true}
                      </script>
                      Unfortunately Magic Toolbox stuff won't work in SellerDeck as is. You need tweaks to the CSS (remove directory references in images - quote filenames of images) and some files need to be manually uploaded via Design / Additional Files (SD doesn't detect .cur files).
                      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thanks for the guidance.

I will purchase the 2014 plugin for MagicThumb & hopefully this will solve the problem!

Comment

Working...
                        X