Error opening Sellerdeck 2014 Site which uses Access 97 Database Version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error opening Sellerdeck 2014 Site which uses Access 97 Database Version

I just thought I would add quick message for anyone who has had this problem. This morning (10-01-2019) I had trouble opening a site which had an Access97 backend. It would appear that Microsoft have just issued some updates which have affected this file format and stops Sellerdeck from opening the tables. To overcome this problem I had to upgrade the table from Access97 to Access2000 file format, however this generated conversion errors when performed on the machine that had received the Microsoft updates. So to convert the file I had to copy it to a PC which hadn't automatically updated yet, upgrade the database to the 2000 version then copy it back to the main site folder. Once this was completed the site opened as normal.

Anyway I hope this helps others as the community has been a great help to me in the past, and yes I will giving myself a serious talking to about not upgrading the file format long ago !!

PS. I called SD support to give them a heads up

Toby@happyharris.co.uk

Somehow I also have a site in V11 which must still be in Access97 format as well.

The problem is caused by a Microsoft update which rolled out last week.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...6-e3a25b5d2bb7

It seems that the escalation has brought things forward. Microsoft has confirmed this as a 'known issue' in all Windows related KB articles from January 8, 2019 security updates. See https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...date-kb4480116 for instance. A fix is promised for February.
    February seems a rather long timescale for fixing this.

PS. Apparently this can be worked around by changing a dll file.

After i replaced \windows\syswow\msrd3x40.dll (08.01.2019)

by an older version, the problem vanished.
    See the thread I've linked to for the details

PPS.

Another solution that should suit the less technical of us (and that includes me) is to uninstall the update the causes the problem.

Windows 10 - I believe it's the KB4480116 Update
    Windows 7 = It's the KB4480970 update

I've uninstalled the Windows 7 update and everything is now working normally for me.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

We've got a site that now refuses to open... I'll check the Windows update status tomorrow.
      Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
      SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
      Based in rural Northants

Comment

I have a potentially similar problem. This may or may not be related.

I have recently gone through a process of having to upgrade SellerDeck to 18.0.3 (Business plus+ 3 clients) and SellerDeckLink to V2.8.9.0.2 SNBE (both latest versions). I have 6 sites, all upgraded 5 are fine, and 1 is not (UK site). The 5 are happily running on 'access 2000 file format', the UK site keeps reverting to Access 2000-2003 file format. It does not matter whether I use a backup of the live version of the UK, create and licence a new site and import from backup from a recent back, one a month ago, six months ago or even as far back as feb 2017, SellerDeck persistent converts the data base to Access 2000-2003 file format for the UK site. If I try the same thing with a different site, for example our French site, it does not do this and the site remains in Access 2000 format.

Weird right? Any pointers? It seems site specific so it looks like there is some setting somewhere that is pulling site data in, in 2002-2003 file format. I am on Access 2010 on the main machine and the Access setting for new databases is 2000 format.

Any thoughts?

Phil
        Phil Howell
        Director
        Intuition Un Ltd
        www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
        Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
        www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
        www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
        www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

You need office 2000 maybe in a VM. Open the database in access 2000 and it will immediately prompt you to convert it. Once done and copied back in the site folder Sellerdeck will open and function.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=45242
          Jonathan Chappell
          Website Designer
          SellerDeck Website Designer
          Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
          Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Thank you Jonathan
            Phil Howell
            Director
            Intuition Un Ltd
            www.turmerlicious.com A range of delicious Turmeric Latte's #veryaddictive

Also
            Awarding winning publishers of Natal Hypnotherapy™, the UK's leading provider of hypnosis for conception, pregnancy and child birth having helped over 100,000 women through antenatal courses and self hypnosis CDs
            www.natalhypnotherapy.co.uk Hypnobirthing in English
            www.natalhypnotherapy.fr Hypnobirthing in french
            www.hypnobirthingclass.online Online antenatal training

Comment

Working...
            X