PayPal Pro Intergration Question to all and Actinic administators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PayPal Pro Intergration Question to all and Actinic administators

Hi I have just been checking out PayPals New Paypal Pro option now available in the UK which offers a virtual terminal and shopping cart intergration.

My question is i see that PayPal Pro can be intergated with actinic express but are there any plans by actinic to intergrate with Actinic Catalog or buisness ??? I would be interested in this as it appears a better option than the standard Paypal option already built into the software ??

I cant understand why its been arranged with Actinic express version and not the other versions ?? After all we are paying a lot more for these versions compared to the based actinic express

Hi there

Thanks for your interest in this. I can't really go into detail on this, but it is something being considered at the moment.

Comment

Thanks

Do you have a time period as to when you may have some answers for us regarding this matter is it going to be weeks or months ???

Keith

Comment

Sorry Keith - I haven't got any more information about this.

Comment

Me too

Just wanted to let you guys know that Keith isn't the only one who is looking out for this option.

The PayPal link, as is, is okay but not special. I am eager to see the Pro version included in v8.
          Kind regards,
          Phil Benjamin

Want to de-stress as you use SellerDeck software?
          http://www.ursulajamesstore.com

Comment

Just registering our interest as well

Alex
            TandaStamps

Comment

I am intrigued to know how or why the integration issues arise between Act hard copy who cannot have it integrated nor be informed of if/when it may be added to the diary (nudge nudge...sssssssshh) and Actinic Express which is already enjoying this set up which would benefit many actinic owners/developer clients who use paypal?

Anyone care to enlighten us?

Oh and we are also interested (as well as confused at the cloak and dagger aspect to this topic most annoying and unwarranted IMHO)
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Am I missing something here. I have just checked with paypal and paypal pro is not yet available in the UK also as far as I can see the details on the website indicate to me that the standard actinic integration should work. The only difference you get is the ability to use a paypal virtual terminal - which will be available to all who hold a merchant account.

I cannot see how the process of passing the payment from actinic will change - people can already pay by credit card without needing a Paypal account

Comment

Hi Daren

There's no cloak and dagger here - sorry if I gave that impression - but there is genuinely no news available to share publicly.

The Actinic Express integration was effectively a pilot scheme to see how well it works and what the take up of it would be. We are currently looking into the possibilities of extending it to the other Actinic products.

Comment

possibilities of extending it to the other Actinic products
                    Chris, Im being stupid here but what is the difference between the standard paypal and the pro as far as Actinic is concerned. What extra do you get?

Comment

This explains the differences from a merchant perspective:
                      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...ile-comparison

The only difference is that you can integrate the checkout into your own pages.

Presumably from Actinic's perspective it needs integrating in the same way as any other new PSP; perl development/APIs etc. Perhaps Actinic needs to see a demand for it before investing in it. Most comments on the forum seem to indicate that Paypal is not popular with buyers - I don't fully agree and think that Paypal is growing and that the majoity of buyers don't care which PSP a site uses so long as it's secure.

Comment

This explains the differences from a merchant perspective
                        Yes this is what I have been reading. I dont really see that this changes the way actinic integrates with paypal at all - the money from a purchase in Actinic is transfered into the paypal account in exactly the same way as it has always been.

the integration of paypal pro into a website checkout does not really apply to actinic as it is only one option of many. Pro will work in a similar way to the paypal extension for DW so you can integrate paypal buttons into any website (presumably pro will allow a few more options than is available at the moment).

As you say the only real difference is the addition of a VT which is huge in itself - Like you I think paypal is on the up and will soon be the must have psp. All the sites I have that use it have seen a large increase in usage over the last 6 months and it is rapidly loosing its car boot sale image.

I only use paypal on my own site and it is great so when pro is available I will upgrade and get a VT.

Comment

You can get a VT now on a standard account for £20/month - in fact it's free at the moment until March 07.
                          https://www.paypal.com/uk/cgi-bin/we...isplay-vt-fees

Comment

You can get a VT now
                            Thanks Duncan - I missed that one. Ill give it a try and see what happens.

Comment

Ill give it a try and see what happens
                              It takes you in a circle back to the paypal pro application which then tells me that pro is not available in UK -

Comment

Working...
                              X