No announcement yet.

PayPal Pro Intergration Question to all and Actinic administators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have emailed them and asked for my virtual terminal as advertised - we will see what happens. If I am high-jacking this thread then please say so and I will start a new one.

Comment

It is a bit confusing. This page appears to be for the UK and after signing in it has prices in pounds for the pro version - it doesn't say it's not available in the UK though.
      https://registration.paypal.com/welc...=C2&country=UK

I wonder if when you have a pro account that you can choose between the pro integration and the standard integration.

Comment

Has anyone got this working on their express site, or does anyone know of a non actinic site using it, I'd like to experience the customer side of Paypal as PSP before considering it as a viable option.

I am still sceptical how it will be perceived by customers. WP, secpay, HSBC etc all add their own insignia to the checkout to give credibility to security. Will payapl ever have the same credibility?

Comment

it doesn't say it's not available in the UK though
          Its only when you start to process the application that you find out that its not available in the uk.

Comment

does anyone know of a non actinic site using it,
            i have a few non actinic sites using it. they use Contribute to add and edit paypal buttons and build the checkout etc. It works fanatsticly well but only for small product ranges as it can be a bit of a nightmare to keep upto date - no stock control etc

all add their own insignia to the checkout to give credibility to security.
            There are a whole range of options you can add to your site to give security and credility. Its the biggest on the planet - it makes worldpay look like a toy - who has not heard of paypal

Comment

who has not heard of paypal
              for me that is the problem, given the association of paypal with ebay and the subsequent credibility issues

Comment

the association of paypal with ebay and the subsequent credibility issues
                I suppose its down to individual websites and the products/target market if paypal will work for them.

I run a car boot design business so it works for me

Comment

Its only when you start to process the application that you find out that its not available in the uk
                  Update - the problem is with the paypal website and ie not working together.

If you use firefox then there is no problem. I have now got a paypal pro account with virtual terminal and it works with actinic.

Comment

The virtual terminal is basic but seems to work ok and payments show from actinic as they always have - all is working without any modification to actinic.

Comment

Just to clarify Malcolm:

So you upgraded an existing Standard account to a Pro account that was already working in Actinic and it still works after upgrading the account without any modifications in Actinic?

(If this is what I understand to be the case then the only issue people have is the ability to have Paypal integrated into your own checkout pages using the Paypal APIs. And, that with a Pro account you can have either HTML or API integration. Both can have a VT)

Comment

So you upgraded an existing Standard account to a Pro account that was already working in Actinic and it still works after upgrading the account without any modifications in Actinic?
                        Yep - thats right.

(If this is what I understand to be the case then the only issue people have is the ability to have Paypal integrated into your own checkout pages using the Paypal APIs. And, that with a Pro account you can have either HTML or API integration. Both can have a VT)
                        Why would you want to integrate the paypal api ? what is wrong with the way it works at the moment?

Speaking to paypal it looks like the only way to get a VT is to use paypal pro - whichever route you take to get a VT results in a pro account.

Comment

Thanks Malcolm. I have also applied for an upgarde to a Pro account for the VT.

I think some people want to integrate the Paypal checkout, behind the scenes as it were, to give the impression that the complete checkout process is being performed by their site.

Personally I have no problems with the way it works and as a shopper prefer to know that my cc details are only going to a secure PSP site.

Comment

I think some people want to integrate the Paypal checkout, behind the scenes as it were, to give the impression that the complete checkout process is being performed by their site.
                            exactly....my point earlier on this this thread, to use Paypal in the same way as I use Worldpay. But I shal lwait for at least 6 monthsbefore even considering this.

Comment

to use Paypal in the same way as I use Worldpay.
                              Worldpay works the same way as paypal IMO. You are warned that you are being transefered to world pay in the same way as when you go to paypal - the only difference is you can customise the worldpay page a little - you may be able to do this with pro?

I think that the big security feature of a psp is the fact that it is clear that you are going to a well known place to enter your details and IMO that only adds to the overall feel good factor for a site. I would rather enter my details into a site using paypal than one that uses a page built from the site template and showing the golden padlock using SSL.

I like duncan am very happy with the way paypal and actinic works.

Comment

I still have big issues with paypal, they do not abide by UK and EU distant selling regs. If someone makes a charge back you are guilty until they say otherwise, sorry that is not right.

I accept paypal on my site but i charge 40p + 5% if you want to use it, simple fact of life i charge insurance, my own form of but it will help cover the costs of dodgy customers.

IMHO paypal will never be a true PSP until they become a real credit card merchant and that is unlikely to happen unless they agree to change there policies and practices.

Most comments on the forum seem to indicate that Paypal is not popular with buyers
                                Duncan i think the problem is with the people who understand it, the general public that use it for ebay probably see it as a real PSP.

for me that is the problem, given the association of paypal with ebay and the subsequent credibility issues
                                Jo i agree 100%

does anyone read the stuff on this site www.paypalsucks.com , i know it might not all be true but it does make you wonder

Just my two penith

Darren

Comment

Working...
                                X