PayPal Pro Intergration Question to all and Actinic administators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OT

Whilst I appreciate there are issues regarding the conduct of Paypal and its policies and I also acknowledge the fact that everyone has the right to their own opinion (regarding the website ppsucks) I think we must remain objective.

One true test of your success (and indeed mass awareness of you, your products and services) is the amount of comments (neg and pos), ridicule and imitation you receive.

How many members are their on the 'commentary forum' for paypal? What is the per capa rate versus the number of actual satisfied clients?

We have an internal awareness of paypal (as many of you guys may have too) and in our experience only 1 CLIENT had 1 ISSUE with paypal...

Many on the ppsucks forum are speaking from their wallets....

JMTC

PS...if you read this Chris....can you get Dan to call me please...his phone is permanently engaged
    Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
    Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

PS...if you read this Chris....can you get Dan to call me please...his phone is permanently engaged
      I'm not actually based in the office, but if you try ringing the general number 0845 129 4888 then you should be able to speak to someone.

Comment

Hi Malcolm

Yes Pay pal Pro with VT is up and runing in the UK i already have mine in place and working

Keith

Comment

Yes Pay pal Pro with VT is up and runing in the UK i already have mine in place and working
          I know Ive had mine for 2 weeks.

Comment

I agree with you Darren.

Until Paypal stop being a law unto itself being it's own judge and jury I will always have deep concerns.

My rule of thumb is to transfer money out at every opportunity. Not just so I keep the money from being clawed back but I resent them having use of my money for any length of time.

It will be a wakeup call to other payment providers to offer additional and competitive products.

Duncan
            Ph: 0845 838 1 839

Comment

Spot on Duncan,

I always have grave concerns about self policing bodies.

We openly promote Protx (as we are also partners) as we have found them cost effective, scaleable, efficient and above all else, governed externally.

No probs with 2co either. Paypal pro is of course something we will offer clients once integration has been affected, but as for personal use....nah
              Affordable solutions for busy professionals.
              Website Maintenance | UK Web Hosting

Comment

Pay Pal

The idea of pay pal pro is two issues

1. you can use VT for phone orders or set actinic to capture card details using SSL for later processing.

2. The second and most important is to offer customers a streamlined purchase all done on your actinic website instead of being re directing to paypal which can put some folks off because of the paypal interface and confusing sign up or login options. Pay pay pro can be used as a PSP and gateway working in the background. In other words the customer would not have to no who is processing the card payments as it would be all streamlined on your site. Unfortunatley this is not in place with actinic except the express version.

Of course paypal pro still works in actinic but NOT the streamlined way as it does with actinic express. This is where i think many of you are getting confused.

The idea was to get actinic to get paypal pro to work with actinic like express version.

Keith

Comment

The idea of pay pal pro is two issues

1. you can use VT for phone orders or set actinic to capture card details using SSL for later processing.
                  Ah now this could be very useful. As far as a customer is concerned they place their order on your site which is secured with SSL. As a shopowner you then type the CC detail into Paypal VT.

As a shopowner you are able to take CCs without the downside of disclosing you use Paypal.

I can now see the benefit of this as a good entry level for new businesses. I take it you can use your hosts SSL too?

Without going to Paypal to look at the detail is the transaction cost the same as if you were using PP in the original manner ie 4.5% and no set up fee?

Comment

IIRC the charges are the same - depending on volume/value. No setup fee but there is a £20 monthly standing charge for the facility.

By creating PP Pro PP have covered both sides of the argument - visible PP processing or background PP processing as well as VT. (Just a pity we don't have the option of the background processing in Actinic other than Express) Hopefully this will be added by Actinic in the near future.

Comment

Problems with PayPal

Some of the PayPal Sucks stuff seems a bit emotive. However, I used to only take PayPal and hit a very irritating problem - every so often a transaction would appear with the VAT missing. There was no rhyme or reason to this - it happened from different countries and for different items and combinations of items.

I didn't feel I could ask the customer for the VAT, just because PayPal messed up, so I had to absorb the cost. But this started happeneing more and more regularly. I reported the issue a number of times, over a period of about 6 months, but they just didn't seem to take it seriously. Various unhelpful suggestions were made, which ignored all the previous correspondence, and in the end I was prompted to find another shopping cart. I ended up here, with Actinic, and now 85% of the transactions are via credit card, and only a small number via PayPal. Actinic works out the VAT, so PayPal just has to move across the specified amount of money.

But I am left thinking that PayPal are a rather amateur bunch, despite their widespread adoption.

Just my 02cents worth.

Hendrik

Comment

Working...
                      X