• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a page G found, he pasted an image here, a few posts back

G can you tell me what page it was you were looking at

D

Comment

It is the long product description flowing onto 2 lines on the second product causing an issue with the float in IE6. Increasing the height value of .sellersContainer in the stylesheet should resolve.

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Dazz/Jonty this is an off topic question but its something I've noticed in a few v8 sites, usually those with two sidebars with the main central block. Sometimes either a large image, or, too much text seems to stretch the central block so much that the righthand side sidebar appears `at the bottom` of the page on the right. Obviously finding the cause and adjusting accordingly can cure it, but is there was way of `fixing` it so that it stays `up` on the righthand side?

Jings, I hope that makes sense.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Right columns droppping to the bottom of the page means both the sum of the left, central and right cols exceed the defined page width.

A quick fix wil lbe elusive!

you can either fix it on a image by image basis or refine the css to fix positions of the columns

Comment

Originally posted by jont
            It is the long product description flowing onto 2 lines on the second product causing an issue with the float in IE6. Increasing the height value of .sellersContainer in the stylesheet should resolve.

thanks Jont i will take a look later, is that in the actinic or bikster style sheet

D

Comment

OK found it, right have changed it slightly so G anychance you can take a look for me and anyone else.

it is just doing the upload so will be done by 10:25

Cheers
              D

Comment

Right found another pc here with it on, oh and it did not work, so increased it again, lets see what happens this time

D

Comment

Originally posted by george
                  Sometimes either a large image, or, too much text seems to stretch the central block so much that the righthand side sidebar appears `at the bottom` of the page on the right. Obviously finding the cause and adjusting accordingly can cure it, but is there was way of `fixing` it so that it stays `up` on the righthand side?
                  George,
                  As Jo said there is no quick fix, but CSS layout control can let you do what I think you want.
                  e.g. see this CSS Wide Image example
                  Is this what you were after? If so it is simply created by the right floated div having its position attribute set to "relative". CSS can be seen in source.
                  [NB - this page is not completely cross browser tested - i.e. it will render borders/margins slightly differently in different browsers!]
                  Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                  Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                  SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Fergus what kite you after then, i have them all here except still waiting for the radsail pro 4 & 5M

Let me know and i'll give you a price

D

Comment

Hey G

i have made some minor changes to the site and moved the basket information to be more inline with the right hand column, as you suggested, can you check it in your browser please, i have tested it in 1024, using the ff plugin, but yours seems to pick up the odd minor errors

thanks
                      D

Comment

Working...
                      X