No announcement yet.

Email Problem - Only showing the first product

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ftr, it didn't do it on the test orders I placed on my test site yesterday.
    I sent several order shipped emails and they came through with 3 orderlines, as they should.
    Will test again later though
    Tracey

Comment

Hi Tracey,

Is your 'test' site an upgrade from 8.5.1 to 8.5.2 ?
      Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
      Snuggle Feet
      Baby Casting From My Perfect Impression

Comment

it is, Les, yes

It's gone from 8.5.1HFUA to 8.5.2
        Tracey

Comment

Since my emails used to go through without any problems until yesterday, I would imagine there is some mysterious trigger to cause the problem. As far as I can remember though, the only thing I've done to the website in the last few days is update the stock levels and download orders.

My emails are missing stuff from the "order status" line and onwards, and then the text kicks in variably towards the end. It seems to vary with different emails.

Comment

Can someone from Actinic please reply to this post ASAP. It's been over 3 days since I sent Bruce the snapshot and no reply from you.
            Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
            Snuggle Feet

Comment

ten to 5 on a Friday probably isn't the best time to ask for an Actinic response!
              Tracey

Comment

That's a shame, not very good support. They have had the snapshop of over 3 days now.

Since it looks like an Actinic bug I would have thought Actinic would have sorted this out ASAP.

This has happened to me before, 8.5.2 fixed a few problems for me but then created a new problem, classic Actinic upgrade!
                Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
                Snuggle Feet

Comment

Hi Les,

I was not in on Thursday or Friday but had my colleague working on the issue and following up with Development. Kiran sent you an email at 10.30 AM on Friday to let you know that Development were still looking into the issue.

The reason for the product names not showing was down to the presence of " " in the product names. There was a temporaty fix but not an ideal solution, hence was not passed on to you.

We now have a solution
                  Code:
                  edit Actinic.pm and 
                  search and replace...

$value =~ s/(.*?)(\()(.{0,$::eRBDataLimit})(.*)(\))(.*)/$1$2$3$5$6/is;
                  $value =~ s/(.*?)(\<)(.{0,$::eABDataLimit})(.*)(\>)(.*)/$1$2$3$5$6/is;

with...

if ($key !~ /TEXTDATA/i)
                   {
                   $value =~ s/(.*?)(\()(.{0,$::eRBDataLimit})(.*)(\))(.*)/$1$2$3$5$6/is;
                   $value =~ s/(.*?)(\<)(.{0,$::eABDataLimit})(.*)(\>)(.*)/$1$2$3$5$6/is;
                   }
                  Save the file and then update your site.

Kind regards.
                  Bruce King
                  SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce, will try this in a bit.
                    Regards,

Les

Abc Baby Gifts
                    Snuggle Feet

Comment

I upgraded from 8.5.0 to 8.5.2 yesterday. I had the same email problem and several customer requests for clarification. I don't use " but I do use brackets in the product name.
                      I have just implemented and tested the patch and it works for me.
                      www.p2d.co.uk

Comment

Yes I finally got the site re-uploaded last night and the emails seem to be going ok now, hooray! Thanks for the fix Bruce

I also don't use any " " in my product names so I'm not sure that that's the cause, although I do use brackets. Still not sure why the problem only kicked in after a few weeks of use either, but as long as it doesn't happen again I don't really care...

Comment

I have had exactly the same problem with truncated emails.
                          Interestingly, the automatic email showed all the products no problem, however, when I sent an email acknowledging the order, only some items showed. (Although the full list of items showed in the email edit window)

I have had brackets () in some of the product names, For instance - Eccles Cakes (2 pack) - and as soon as I took the brackets out - it worked fine!

Comment

email problem

I first noticed the same problem in December, just after the upgrade. I raised a query with the Support desk, who never got back to me. I telephoned again yesterday, and got fobbed off with the excuse that this problem was down to my SMTP server, not an issue for them, and to take it up with my ISP.
                            Now, the fact is, I can copy and paste the email preview text into outlook, and send that via my same SMTP server without error....
                            It's only when sent via Actinic's bespoke sendmail that there is a problem.
                            My ISP (Demon), have confirmed that there have been no changes to the SMTP setup and, in any event, the fact that the same mail content arrives intact when sent via Outlook proves that my SMTP server is not the problem.
                            So, it's back to "support" for the third time on Monday. I wonder if the next different person I speak to will fob me off with the same excuses........
                            ChrisL
                            skype chrisjlyon

Comment

why go back to support, Chris?
                              Bruce has posted a working "fix" in this thread
                              Tracey

Comment

Tracey

Thanks - just taken a look at it - I think it's brackets in my emails that are causing the truncation. I'll certainly implement the fix pdq.
                                It's somewhat frustrating that Actinic's own support team deny that there is a problem -especially as it's been fixed!!
                                Of course, until the latest upgrade, it wasn't broken...........hey-ho!

Having removed the brackets from my 'Company Phone Number' in the Business Settings, the truncation problem has now ceased, so may not need to apply the fix after all.
                                ChrisL
                                skype chrisjlyon

Comment

Working...
                                X