No announcement yet.

Sending customer update emails in Business v9 and relay access denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here are my settings with all the details apart from passwords.
    I can confirm that my email address in the Business Settings|Company Contacts section is "info@frazerpart.com".

Apart from slowly entering content and uploading it, I have not changed anything on the site between the 12th-27th August

HTTPPROXYMODE 0
    HTTPPROXYADDRESS
    HTTPPROXYPORT 80
    HTTPPROXYUSER
    HTTPPROXYPASSWORD
    FTPPROXYMODE 0
    FTPPROXYADDRESS
    FTPPROXYPORT 21
    FTPPROXYUSER
    FTPPROXYPASSWORD
    SCRIPTID 1
    SCRIPTEXT .pl
    SMTPHOST smtp.frazerpart.com
    WEBSITEURL http://www.frazerpart.com
    IGNOREPASSIVEERRORS true
    USERELATIVECGIURLS false
    PATHTOPERL /usr/bin/perl
    USEENHANCEFTP true
    FTPCLIENTTIMEOUT 15000
    FTPRETRYDELAY 3000
    FTPSILENT false
    FTPMAXRETRIES 3
    FTPCONNECTTIMEOUT 25000
    SMTPAUTHREQUIRED true
    SMTPUSERNAME info@frazerpart.com
    SMTPPASSWORD ********
    CATALOGURL http://www.frazerpart.com/acatalog/
    ONLINESTOREFOLDERNAME acatalog
    CGIBINURL http://www.frazerpart.com/cgi-bin/
    PATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/
    CODEBASE ./
    FTPHOST ftp.frazerpart.com
    FTPUSERNAME frazerpart.com
    FTPPASSWORD ************
    PATHTOCGIBIN htdocs/cgi-bin/
    USEPASSIVEFTP false
    FTPPATHFROMCGITOCATALOG ../acatalog/

Comment

one thing i notice, you are using smtp.frazerpart.com have your tried using mailserver.frazerpart.com

dont forget to upload your site after making the changes

Comment

Darren, have tried your recommendation of mailserver.frazerpart.com. Applied the changes and ran a test. Got an error message to say that the smtp server address was not supported. Did not upload the changes. (should I have done?)

Mike, have tried your localhost recommendation with username and password cleared and authentication switched off. Applied changes and ran a test. Got a load of cgibin write permission errors and then uploaded the site. Tried sending a "payment received" email to one of my orders (my personal email account). Actinic confirmed that the email had been sent but i have not received the email yet at my personal account. I suspect that this hasn;t worked.

Comment

It was a suggestion that's all, no need to upload if it did not work, just it was showing as an mx record for your site, smtp was not.

OK a thought has just crossed my mind, you dont have a firewall program blocking actinic from sending emails from you pc, i dont know exactly how actinic sends the emails from the pc. I was under the impression it was a bit of both - pc & server

Perhaps someone can enlighten me

Comment

am using Norton Internet Security 2008 but have already tried switching off the firewall. It doesn't make any difference.........

Comment

if you are sure the localhost solution doesn't work, you need to contact your host and ask if they support SMTP, if they do ask what your SMTP server is it will be something like

mail.frazerpart.com
              smtp.frazerpart.com etc

then ask if it requires authentication

armed wth this info go to network settings and complete the boxes, adding email addy and pw if authentication is required

then go to business settings and check the format of the email there and make sure it is a valid email address on domain ie something [@] frazerpart.com

do a network test

if actinic says it sent a email, use webmail to see if it reaches the server

MIKE : you may want to edit your reply as you have left a clickable link to info [@] frazer's domain

Comment

I'm still struggling with this. It still isn't resolved. Am getting really desperate now and FastHosts, haven't responded to any of correspondance for 3 days now!
                I am now beginning to question everything I have already done!
                At present, FastHosts are my hosts, TalkTalk are my ISP.

So, with this is mind, what should I be entering as an SMTP address in my Network Setup settings?

Comment

everything has been suggested, it sounds as though you might have something not right somewhere, check what you have done, make sure there are no mistakes in anything you have typed

under business settings and network settings, everything

Comment

Hi Max, Sorry to see you having ongoing problems with this. It is strange. Am I right in understanding the problem is down to when you sending Email from Actinic, eg the "Order Shipped Email" part on "Order". But customer do get emails online from when they completed an order. If this is the case, I see you are with Talk Talk, One thing is to contact them as they are your ISP, and see as Jan written in http://community.actinic.com/showpos...35&postcount=9 to set the relay permissions for www.frazerpart.com

Please could you try this and let us know

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Nadeem. You have correctly described my problem.
                      I will contact TalkTalk see if this can be set up for us.
                      But, is this really going to make any difference? I am sure that your colleagues at Actinic support have tried simluating the problem at their end using my settings and saw the same error/problem (which made them conclude it was a FastHosts issue).
                      I can't believe Actinic would be using TalkTalk as their ISP.........!!!!!!!

Comment

Using the TalkTalk smtp settings (smtp.talktalk.net) does not resolve anything. It actually throws up other error messages.

.....still no progress. Tickets with Actinic & FastHosts were opened 14 days ago and I've spent hours (and I mean hours) on the phone and penning emails.

Comment

ok, what happens when you send email from outlook - what SMTP are you using in your outlook? i expect you have smtp.talktalk.net, try changing that to mail.frazerpart.com and send and email. I bet you get a relay error.

If this is the case talktalk is not letting you relay your mail via your domain.

Actinic sends email in 2 different ways

1 from your pc ie order shipped etc - talktalk
                          2 from the server - confirmation of order - Fasthosts

you need to contact talktalk and ask them if you are allowed to relay via your domainname - this is what Jan suggested as oftenyou have to ask your ISP especially if its BT to relay

Comment

OMG Fasthosts mentioned again........

Comment

TBH its probably not FH at fault this time, its the ISP not relaying

Comment

Many low cost isps such as talk talk etc do not allow the use of pop3 email through thief system you must use thiers which works fine with outlook but always fails with actinic. I suggest you change your ISP to one that allows the use of pop3 eg bt

Comment

Working...
                                X