Sending customer update emails in Business v9 and relay access denied

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RuralWeb View Post
    dContact jo at pinbrook and she will set it all up for you on her servers.
    I dont want to embarrass Jo but she hosts our main ecommerce site and her support is excellent, worked first time out of the box.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Originally posted by leehack View Post
      There are at least 20 threads just like yours, convinced it will be different and rest assured they all leave fasthosts eventually too. It would take 20 mins to investigate who to use and a domain transfer can often be done in just an hour or two. Wise up and leave them, you will have to in the end anyway.

Good luck.
      Im waiting for the 1 in a 1000 to come back and say we did it, you know someone will.

Comment

Just to keep the forum readers updated, I ditched FastHosts and signed up with Jo at Pinbrook.
        Disappointly, Pinbrook had the same problems that I was experiencing with FastHosts. However, they worked hard and identified the issue as being potentially connected to the version of Actinic Business I was using (v9.0.1). It took 10 days to get to this stage.
        I recontacted Actinic to ask if they had any knowledge of this issue. They didn't. Their recommendation was to upgrade to v9.0.2. Since upgrading, I have been able to send emails.

.....I'm a little disappointed Actinic didn;t recommend this as a first "fix" at the end of August when I first raised the issue. My suspicion is that this has been an Actinic issue all the time and I've wasted a lot of time switching hosts (which is still providing on going issues).

Comment

Hello all

I have started having this exact same problem...

The customer gets the initial confirmation email from the server but when you try and send the order complete email from within actinic this error comes up - (email is still sent though!!);

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
          1. Network transmission problems.
          2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
          1. Retry
          2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

Resolution:
          If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
          or contact your ISP.

The error was:
          58320martin@****.comError returned from SMTP server (8: unimplemented (#5.5.1)

Command: send Filename:

I run 7 actinic sites altogether and 2 have just come up with this error, which happened basically overnight about 2 weeks ago. All sites have been running previously for over 12 months without ANY problems

There is nothing wrong with the network settings, they both go through fine and I get the emails.

One site is on rackspace and one on fasthosts.
          I have also tried 3 different ISPs, talktalk, BT and Be, but mail isn't being sent through their smtp....
          I have also tried importing snapshots on 2 different machines with XP and firewall/anti virus off.

I do have a feeling that this is an actinic program error, has anybody else come across this recently?

Comment

Personaly my opinions are "Actinic is notorious for being deaf when it comes to listening to webservers" maybe its not all actinics fault perhaps routers and firewals dont help these days, but for years i have had the problems with uploading and sending emails, i ignore these as 99% are red hearings. (although these days they all get sent alot faster and i get very few errors )

The main thing i notice is time of day makes a difference, contention ratio's dont help when your in an area that has a high number of school kids. The UK's infrastructure is over worked already and when you sharing your standard bt broadband line with up to 50 other users you begin to understand why things are not as quick as you would like and normally reults in problems like this, all this is MPO

D

Comment

BT SchmeT, Virgin 50mb business line is where it's at.

Comment

Sorry, 50Mb broadband isn't available in your home yet

and

Your home is not in a Virgin Media cable area so you can't get our fibre-optic cable services, but you can get our National services. This is the office address, and it already has virgin (telewest) cables run into the building

so whats the point of business then ?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren B View Post
                  Sorry, 50Mb broadband isn't available in your home yet
                  ... and won't be for a while.

The roads in North Wales were dug up for the past part of Aug, Sept and Oct by a company called fibrespeed (I think).

The idea is that it will connect to existing lines in Manchester I think. There's talk of doing the same in South Wales and across to Ireland to create one massive loop of high speed internet.

However, I was at a conference last year and a representative from fibrespeed was there an he said that until resellers (virgin, bt and the like) contact them to arrange a deal the end user, you and I, will have to wait.

Around about the same time my ISP sent an email offering me more Bandwidth at a cheaper right, when I phoned them up to take up the offer I was told that it was not available in my area...

Army Gore-tex
                  Winter Climbing Mitts
                  webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                  Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

You can't have it if you smell of wee and poo of course.
                    The standard 20mb service is better than anything SchmeT have to offer anyway. 20mb broadband and a phoneline for £31, untouchable.

Whereas BT will gladly let you call 0845 numbers for free now, they fail to tell you (in as clear a manner) that call charges have been escalated way in excess of what that white elephant will save you. Do they think we're thick, err actually they do yes and they're correct mainly.

Comment

Who told you?

Army Gore-tex
                      Winter Climbing Mitts
                      webD's Blog: Website design, SEO and other ramblings…
                      Twitter LinkedIN

If you think a post is good, rate it!

Find the answers in the Knowledge Base | Have you read the User Guides

Comment

I have a nose, my name is not Danielle.

Comment

PMSL

Comment

The standard 20mb service is better than anything SchmeT have to offer anyway. 20mb broadband and a phoneline for £31, untouchable.

Whereas BT will gladly let you call 0845 numbers for free now, they fail to tell you (in as clear a manner) that call charges have been escalated way in excess of what that white elephant will save you. Do they think we're thick, err actually they do yes and they're correct mainly.
                            Lee what makes it worse is i have the frigging fibre optic cables at the bottom of my drive, the exchange is about 500 yards from this office, it has fibre optic cables 10 yards from were im sitting, albeit the box says telewest on it, it just makes you wonder why i cant have it.

these sorts of things make me laugh though, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7858498.stm another great goverment report, by the time they get off their arse and do something about it, it will be 2013

As for BT its pretty good here and it dont cost me a penny

Comment

Error returned from SMTP server (8: unimplemented (#5.5.1)
                              We have seen this error once before and it was because there was just a full stop in one of the 'Company/Contact' fields and the SMTP server was treating it as the end of the email. The following workaround will strip out any lines that begin with a full stop and hopefully stop this error:

- browse to your site folder and locate 'Actinic.pm' (take a backup)
                              - open the file in a text editor such as notepad
                              - search for:

Code:
                              	#
                              	# Check the return address
                              	#

- directly before this insert the following lines...

Code:
                              $sMessageText =~ s/^\.\s*?\r\n//mg;
                              $sMessageHTML =~ s/^\.\s*?\r\n//mg;
                              - save and Exit
                              - update the site

This may not be the cause of your problem but may be worth a try. If you have any problems with this change you can either restore your backup or you will find an original copy of the file in 'C:\Program Files\Actinic v9\Original' that you can restore to your site folder.
                              Tracey
                              SellerDeck

Comment

I have a similar related problem with one of our sites running on v9.0.3.
                                Everything used to run fine, but during the latter half of last year, cc of the receipts stopped coming through. 2 addresses were cited, 1 of which was a vodafone email address and that stopped receiving them. At the same time, customers' emails were not getting sent if they had hotmail or gmail type accounts. On top of this, the site would go offline from time to time, and the desktop app would crash too. Those missing mails would eventually come through in chunks every 2 or 3 days.

Now, the server is a webfusion VPS Pro running Linux. I should say now that i have a good 20 other Actinic sites on this and other VPS servers with no problems and the same configuration. I've noticed that when the site freezes it affects other sites on the server and those missing emails are queuing up in the mail queue. If it was a server problem, my other sites would be affected so that points to Actinic. Anyone else having the same 'issues' ?
                                Richard Gosler
                                Phoenix Digital Media Ltd
                                Dorset, UK

Comment

Working...
                                X