No announcement yet.

Company name disappears after looking up + selecting the address from potcode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company name disappears after looking up + selecting the address from potcode

hi all, wonder if anyone have had this issue before, probably not as couldn't find anything about it on the foum, however would anyone give me a hand finding the solution to fix this problem? please

so the problem itself: for some reason, after I select the address from the list postcode anywhere gives upon hiting the button, the company name disappears from the field... this happens on Invoicing + Delivery Address pages...

any ideas what could be causing this?

ragards,
    Rytis

According to the release notes for 9.0.5 this was fixed in 9.0.3.

The 'Company Name' is now included in the postcode lookup. AC9-1353
    Which version are you using?

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks for reply, I'm using 9.05 JHZA ... Strange...

Comment

Is this on the new order tab (we are having problems with postcodes here) or on line orders?

Comment

Originally posted by markburley View Post
          Is this on the new order tab (we are having problems with postcodes here) or on line orders?
          both... looks like we gonna have to contact actinic about this, as we are mainly B2B and having to contact every customer to ask if he is a company and to enter their company name manually is ridiculous.

Comment

Company name still disappearing online

We are also getting this problem online, with release 9.0.5 JHZA. Selecting a company and address from the dropdown Postcode Anywhere list works fine initially, and displays the company name in the Invoice company or Delivery company field.
            However, if you then:
            a) select "Next" on this page of the checkout
            b) abandon checkout on the next page
            c) add a new item to the cart
            d) start the checkout process again
            then the contact, postcode and address lines are redisplayed, but the Company name has been reset to blank. The customer is most unlikely to spot this.
            This happens fairly frequently to us as we have a lot of B2B orders, and gives us major problems in attempting delivery to non-existent addresses.
            Andy Shercliff
            www.4children2enjoy.co.uk

Comment

Where are our all pros gone?

Comment

Did you contact Actinic directly about this? If not I suggest you do so.

Comment

Is this affecting all users of Postcode Anywhere or just one or two particular cases.
                  I am intending to activate postcode anywhere shortly but might wait if this is still a common issue.
                  Darren Guppy
                  Golf Tee Warehouse
                  Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

I'm with Darren, any feedback on Postcode Anywhere would be great.
                    http://www.3dkitchens.net

Comment

Just to let you know we are currently investigating this. More soon.
                      Benjamin Dyer
                      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

then the contact, postcode and address lines are redisplayed, but the Company name has been reset to blank. The customer is most unlikely to spot this.

Do you get the same problem if you type the details in rather than use postcode anywhere to look them up, if you do then this is a settings saving problem rather than an issue with postcode anywhere (although it's still a serious issue however it's happening), it can be helpful though to narrow down the cause.

Regards,
                        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                        Multichannel order processing
                        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hello Rytis, Andy

I have tried the scenario as listed by Andy above, but am unable to reproduce the problem my end. I have asked my colleague in support to contact and help you regarding this issue.

Regards
                          Krithika Chandrasekar
                          SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by Jan View Post

Do you get the same problem if you type the details in rather than use postcode anywhere to look them up, if you do then this is a settings saving problem rather than an issue with postcode anywhere (although it's still a serious issue however it's happening), it can be helpful though to narrow down the cause.

Regards,
                            could this be a cookie problem rather than a PA one?
                            Similar to the historical problem with Address Line 4 details not being recalled?
                            Tracey

Comment

Hello Rytis, Andy

I've sent email's to both of you asking for snapshots...... kindly respond.
                              Kiran Chandran
                              Technical Support - SellerDeck
                              http://www.sellerdeck.co.uk/

Further help can also be found at http://community.sellerdeck.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Comment

Working...
                              X