Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error modifying shipping Zone

Hi all,
    I need to create a shipping class for the USA which is currently defined in our Rest of the World Zone.

So I have created a USA zone - hit apply
    Create the shipping class - hit apply

However when I then try to remove USA from the ROW zone Actinic crashes. First it gave a blank modal dialog with a ok button, which when pressed Actinic closes down.

I then compacted the databases and tried again.

This time I get a dialog with the following.

---------------------------
    Business - Online Catalogue: Catalog.exe - Application Error
    ---------------------------
    The instruction at "0x5ad71531" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The memory could not be "read".

I have searched and found the following threads none of which have helped at this point.

http://community.actinic.com/showthr...e+country+zone

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=29869

any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks
    Last edited by janimal; 03-Dec-2010, 12:37 PM. Reason: typo
    Freelance web design
    www.rebelit.co.uk

I would guess that you might now have two zones called 'USA' which sounds like the kind of thing that could confuse any software.

Try changing the new one to USA2 first and then deleting the original one.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks, but unfortunately that's not the problem.

The country is actually titled 'United States' and the newly created zone is titled 'USA' although to be sure I changed the name of my zone to 'TestZone'

The error occurs when editing the properties of the ROW zone & moving the 'United States' country from the list of members to the list of non-members. Once I hit apply I get the crash.
      Freelance web design
      www.rebelit.co.uk

Comment

Ok. I can't think of a good reason for this to be happening so it's probably a database issue. What I would suggest is:

1. Make sure you have a decent backup of your database ( and a snapshot).

2. Try compacting the database again.

3. If that doesn't work, contact Actinic support. They should have the tools to repair the problems.

4. Another approach would be create a new Actinic site and try importing the snapshot into that. You could also check that what you're trying to do works on the default Actinic site to see whather your Actinic installation is broken or not.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Make sure nothing is conflicting on the 'tax' tab too as that must also agree with your locations and your shipping.

Comment

I had a look at the tax.

We have 3 tax zones; UK, Rest of EU, Rest of world <- the us is obviously part of this.

So I created a new tax zone just for the US and removed the USA from the ROW tax zone and placed into the US tax zone. Applied

Then shipping...

So I have created the US shipping zone, this time I added the USA to this shipping zone without trying to remove it from the ROW shipping zone. ok no crash...

Finally remove USA from ROW shipping Zone - blank error box & crash. I have purged & compacted the databases several times, even multiple times between edits.

Actinic Version:
            Business 8.5.2.0.0.0.HMVA
            Freelance web design
            www.rebelit.co.uk

Comment

I have also returned to the previous snapshot and tried again editing the tax first & then applying.
              Freelance web design
              www.rebelit.co.uk

Comment

I have since attempted to remove the US by first removing the individual states from the tree before removing the parent.

This resulted in me being able to remove a single state and apply, without error. So then I tried a couple, no error. Then I tried 5 - crash.

So I started up again and removed a couple more individually, no crash. Then I noticed Alaska was back, which was one of the first states I removed. So I quit the dialog and got an error, but this time with a dump file.

Now looking for the dump file I see that it must have created one for each time it has crashed while attempting to implement this, it just didn't inform me of the fact.

I have added the latest dmp file in case it is useful to anyone
                Attached Files
                Freelance web design
                www.rebelit.co.uk

Comment

I get this in V9 and V10 too

Have submitted tickets to support about it but no resolution as yet.

Having said that, I'm not sure if it's fixed in the latest V10 because I haven't had chance to check yet but certainly I have the same problem in previous versions.

No help, I know.
                  Tracey

Comment

It's nice to know I'm not alone
                    Freelance web design
                    www.rebelit.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                    X