Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Uploading Digital Download Files Is Stealing My Life!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uploading Digital Download Files Is Stealing My Life!

Have been having a problem where Actinic tries to reload all our Digital Download files - even though they haven't changed.

Support suggested checking time and dates were same on local machine and server - and yes local machine seemed to have jumped ahead into May. So reset that back to the right date and time (and same as server) but it still wants to reload the entire lot (over 3 gigs of them.)

Problem we have now is that we only seem to be able to upload in 30 mins or so intervals before we get the dreaded "the connection with the server was reset". This may be to do with the set "timeout" on the server - I'm trying to find out from Fasthosts if there is a timeout limit set? Basically I presume that if there is a pause in the file being uploaded for whatever reason then Fasthosts (our server) might close the connection because of inactivity?

Actinic support also suggested that mole-end.biz might have a plugin that would keep the uploading going - i.e ignore the error message and try again. (automatically). When you're trying to upload 3 gigs of digital download files it can get pretty tiresome having to reset the thing every 30 mins. You feel your life slipping away!

Any suggestion most welcome!

Jono
    www.yopo.co.uk

Are you using advanced ftp settings?

Make sure:

1. you are using passive ftp
    2. you have enhanced ftp on
    3. you upload during the quiet part of the day (if there is one)...

Actinic really needs a way for people to override ftp settings for larger sections of files... wishlist anyone?
    Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
    Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
    NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

wishlist anyone?
      This feature will be added to a future release of the software. Hopefully sooner rather than later as I've done plenty of early morning uploading vigils in my time...

Comment

what actinic needs is a web refresh without images.

Comment

Actinic support also suggested that mole-end.biz might have a plugin that would keep the uploading going - i.e ignore the error message and try again. (automatically). When you're trying to upload 3 gigs of digital download files it can get pretty tiresome having to reset the thing every 30 mins. You feel your life slipping away!
          Did you try our product? It should have worked for you, it is the automation mole and has a 30 day free trial so wouldn't have cost you anything to sort out your problem. It is at the URL below :

http://www.actinicplugins.co.uk/acat...utomation.html

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
            That gets my vote! why not change the upload to allow a user to select what needs to be loaded: scripts, images, product catalog, brochure pages.

and if tinkering with that makes sense why not fix the God awful "FAILED on Merge Request" problem that seems to be a never ending problem with uploads.
            Brian Johnson
            :::Sure Solutions Inc:::Professional Actinic templates from Buythisdesign.com:::
            1-732-528-7635 x203

Comment

I'll buy that one as well.
              Cheers,

Ollie
              The Classic Network

Comment

cool

Cool site - i love the play and stop buttons that let you hear the music - how is that done, are they embedded flash buttons?

Andy

Comment

Working...
                X