This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong.....

The [LINK] needs to go in the duplicate product description, not the link text.
    The link text on the Links tab needs to have the img tag.

Actinic will put the img tag into where the [LINK] is automatically.

See my attachments earlier.

Comment

Have changed things round (see attached) - still no joy. Think i'm going to have to completely revisit my templates as it would seem that the info is not being picked up by Actinic.
      Attached Files
      Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Try adding some txt to preceed [LINK] and then also change your img tag in the link text to some simple text (no html) like MORE - just as a test.
        This might narrow things down a bit. This has got to work somehow.

You could also open (in notepad ) P_Stationery.html in the PreviewHTML folder and see what has been built by Actinic for the Beatles 'Sgt Pepper' Jotter pad link. Post an extract of what you get here.

Also check what layout template you are using for the duplicate - is it 'parent' or something else? If you are using something else then try the one I posted just for that product and see if it works.

Comment

Hallelujah!!!!!!

NQV PRODUCTDESCRIPTION was missing from template.

P_stationery.html doesn't appear in previewhtml folder - is that bad?

Also - for some reason, on the 'links' tab - it works when I point the link to a url, but not when I specify a product or section.

You've been an absolute star Duncan - thank you so much. I can't guarantee that this is finished yet though!

Nick

Comment

Glad you got it working.

Originally posted by Luddite
            P_stationery.html doesn't appear in previewhtml folder - is that bad?
            No - don't worry about that it would only be there for preview anyway

Comment

This is something which I would like to do in the near future so I decided to have a little play last night.

I get the general look ok but can not get price or add to cart button to show on the thumbnail.

I am using the subsection as the thumbnail, is this correct?

Many thanks

Jason
              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
              Zirconium Rings
              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

This is what I do:
                Each product with its own section. A parent section containing these single product sections and also containing duplicates of the single section products. The duplicates have smaller images and shorter descriptions.

Comment

nicely designed site, i also am looking at using 1 product per page. as i hate popups., just one question

how do you get the boxes around the products/price/add to cart button and title. any help would be fantastic

rgds

darren

Comment

Originally posted by dactinic
                    nicely designed site, i also am looking at using 1 product per page. as i hate popups., just one question

how do you get the boxes around the products/price/add to cart button and title. any help would be fantastic

rgds

darren
                    Not sure what you mean, what site are you looking at?

Comment

I haven't had much input on this thread but have been following with interest.

I have been waiting for version 8 hoping this would be a standard feature but have now started to implement it in to my sites.

Many thanks for the participants of this thread for the information.

Kind regards

Jason

Test page is still a bit rough but can be viewed here.
                      http://www.qualitygold.co.uk/acatalo...and_Rings.html
                      Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                      Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby
                        I have been waiting for version 8 hoping this would be a standard feature but have now started to implement it in to my sites.
                        can anyone from Actinic say whether this will be a standard feature on V8? (Not 1 prod per section, but something that produces the same effect)
                        Nick

Comment

Hopefully, yes. It will always be better to create proper sub-sections containing further information, but there should also be the capability of opening pop-up pages in the same window (rather than the pop-up window) and so creating the effect of a 'further information' page.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
                            Hopefully, yes. It will always be better to create proper sub-sections containing further information, but there should also be the capability of opening pop-up pages in the same window (rather than the pop-up window) and so creating the effect of a 'further information' page.
                            Thanks Chris - at least that means I won't be wasting my time doing something that V8 would do anyway! It does however beg the question - 'why not'? It seems that the effect of 1 prod per section is better for SEO, and probably for customers too.
                            Nick

Comment

I must say that if V8 has a 1 product per section style look to it and a decent upsell I will upgrade my V7 Developer. Without I'll stay at V7.

Regards

Jason
                              Regards

Jason

Zirconium Rings
                              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

see the advaned guide page 24 - you will need to follow the instructions for "Creating a Lising Page...." AND "Creating a Page of Thumbnail...."
                                ok, I've just tried this and have a few comments -

1) Not sure what the point of the page full of thumbnails is? I just followed the listing page on and that seems just fine on it's own

2) The listing page seems to do what I want, although it looks a bit cumbersome in Actinic... can you just take a look at the attached and let me know if I have done it correctly? It seems for every product I need a) a product, b) a section, and c) a duplicate... crikey - is there an easy way to automate that for a large product line???

3) the link from the dupe to the product is via the CGI scripts rather than a direct html link so will that screw the robots and crawlers up...?
                                Attached Files
                                John

Comment

Working...
                                X